How many bottles do you have?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2009, 10:25 AM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a first time mommy, and I am planning on FF. I am just not sure how many bottles I should buy for the 4oz and 8oz size...

Thanks!

June 20th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
fro, birth to 4 months I used 12 Evenflo bottles from walmart/babies r us then at 4 months I use 12 gerber from walmart
June 20th, 2009, 05:18 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
I have 9 Dr. Brown's bottles. That is plenty for me during the day. We usually go through 5-6 a day so I have room if I get behind on dishes.
June 21st, 2009, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We use Advent. We have 12 bottles. We go through 7 a day. We only had 8 to start and now that she is in daycare it is easier to have more.

June 22nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Proud Happy Single Mom
hahahaha................

Drop Ins~5 or 6 - 4oz
8 - 8oz
Evenflo~ 3 - 8oz
VentAire~ 3 - 8oz (or maybe 9oz
Nuby~ 1 - 5oz
3 - 10oz

For around the house the Drop-ins were my favorite. For out of the house it was the VentAire ones. I hated the Nuby because it had to have the weird nipple. Now that she's older I LOVE LOVE LOVE the boring old plain Evenflo ones! They are so easy for her to hold. Lesson learned for me lol Sometimes the boring plain stuff is just as great as the fun fancy stuff. Plus the Evenflo bottles were soooo much cheaper than any of the others. I think the pack of 3 was under $4! Oh and I'll never buy 4oz bottles again. Babies change the amount of formula per feeding so easily and I found that the 4oz ones quickly became too little.

Last edited by *~Proud_Mom~*; June 22nd, 2009 at 09:07 PM.
June 23rd, 2009, 05:58 AM
ANGWife
We use the Platex drop-in nursers. So we bought a starter kit, I think it had 6 bottles (four 4oz and two 8oz). You can use the 8oz bottles and only fill it up to 4oz. But since Henry is on 5 oz a feeding, we put away the 4oz bottles. We now have ten 8oz bottles total. He only uses 7-8 a day though.

Wow that was confusing huh? Anyways, I recommend just getting the 8oz bottles.
June 23rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we use playtex drop ins and playtex vent airs.we have 11 4 oz bottles and 4 8oz bottles which is perfect because its enough to last all day and through the night.
June 23rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I have about 10 bottles that I keep in regular rotation, although she doesn't drink nearly that many in a day anymore. I have 3 4 oz bottles, 3 5 oz bottles, and the rest are 8 oz bottles. I just bought a combo of sizes before she was born, (2, 4, and 8 oz bottles).

June 24th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have about 10 8oz bottles..she usually goes thru only 4 or 5 a day but I usually keep a couple in the diaper bag just in case. I had a ton of 4 oz bottles...but for us they were a waste becuse she drank 4 oz for such a short time and it would have been cheaper for us to just get all 8oz to begin with. We started trying Playtex ventaire,drop ins, avent,and Parents Choice. She likes the cheapy Parents choice the best! So Im happy about that! =)

June 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
.stargirl.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the advice everyone! For some reason, I didn't think I would need quite that many, now I have a much better idea of what to get.

June 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
It just depends on how often you're willing to wash bottles. In the beginning, I bought several because I didn't wanna have only a few on hand and end up having to wash bottles all the time. I think its possible to get by with 4 or 5, but a newborn will be drinking more than that in a 24 hour period so be prepared to wash them frequently!

June 24th, 2009, 11:02 PM
SassyMama's Avatar Fist Pumping Champ
In all honesty, I only use two of the 4-oz Dr. Brown's at home. I wash dishes pretty regularly so...
I also keep two 4-oz Dr. Brown's at my mother's house since I'm there often enough. I bought the starter kit and it came with two 4-oz bottles and four of the 7/8-oz bottles. I can't remember if they're 7 oz or 8 oz bottles.

In the beginning it's good to have a decent amount because all they do is drink. And I'm sure you're not gonna want to wash bottles in the middle of the night.

My Chart

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy; laproscopic surgery to remove left tube
June 26th, 2009, 08:21 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 2 9 ounce Avent bottles, 2 4 ounce Avent bottles, and 1 4 ounce Evenflo bottle.

I don't mind washing bottles.

June 26th, 2009, 11:10 PM
LisaD's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have 5 5 oz Born Free bottles and 3 9 oz ones so far. Nathan only takes 4 oz per feeding for now, and I don't mind washing the bottles so we are good for now.

July 6th, 2009, 10:06 AM
katee
we have 6 6oz ventaire bottles and they work just fine. he only takes 3oz every 3 hours so i only have to wash bottles 2 times a day. i find that if i just clean them as i go, at night time i will only have 1 bottle to clean before bed. the morning is when i have to clean a bunch though.
July 7th, 2009, 09:10 AM
AmandaR
I have over 50 8oz and 10 4oz Drop Ins bottles. Then I have even more fast flow nipples than that. We've moved twice since she was born, so while waiting for our stuff to arrive each time I've amassed more bottles. Plus, they are SO cheap at the commissary. I only have to wash bottles every week and a half, but I wash more than that obviously.
July 15th, 2009, 08:31 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
50?! Wow!

I have 4 5-ounce Soothie bottles, 3 9-ounce Soothie bottles, and 3 of the Evenflo Comfi bottles, 9 ounce. I like to have a few of the little ones for when they're tiny, but you don't really need them. I'm using the bigger ones too. Right now I wash once a day.

Sara's beautiful children: Cassidy (5y) and Joel (3y 4m) and Timothy (almost 8 months)
Yes, I know I need a new picture .

July 16th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
I have :

5 plain old 8 oz evenflo nursers ( which i use now) they are SUPER cheap, at walmart here they are $1/ each and a pack of 4 nipples is also $1/each.
3 nuby ones (never use them they are weird and waaaay too bulky... not to mention once your child gets teeth the tear uber easy)
1 - 4 oz gerber bottle (got it as a sample in the nestle bag)
and probably about 10 drop-in nursers, 4 -4oz and 4 or 5 8 oz ones.

wow I really need to get rid of most of these.

ETA:: I go through about probably 7-8 bottles in a 24 hour period, and have to wash twice a day.

July 22nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I use Dr. Brown's. I just bought one more 8 oz, to bring my total to 10. DS takes 4 in a day usually, so I can go two days between washings. I bought the one more so I would have an extra each day.

I wish I had spent a lot less money on the 4 oz bottles. DS took more than that fairly quickly!

Lew, 1, DSD Lauren, 18, and Chuck, 4
July 23rd, 2009, 05:55 AM
Kylerzmom's Avatar Regular
We had 6 bottles. 3 Dr browns and 3 breastflow. The cat ate the nipples on the 3 breastflow bottles. Now we only have the 3 dr browns lol we just hand wash them after every bottle until we get more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search