Best Generic Brand?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2009, 07:16 AM
katiegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am due the end of August, with this being my 3rd I have finally wised up and come to the conclusion that just because the formula is "brand" name that doesn't mean its better.
With both my other kids I used Enfamil Lipil and was very satisfied. So I am researching the generic versions. Which have you found to be the best? At this point I am leaning toward the Target formula but wanted to hear from anyone with experience.

TIA!

July 20th, 2009, 02:07 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have used the Parent's Choice regular formula with success. I actually liked it better than the Goodstart Joel gets on WIC. It's supposed to be like Similac, and he had much less gas on it than he does on the Goodstart.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We use Parent's Choice sensitivity= to Similac sensitive and I love it, no problems, half the price and I think it actually mixes up better than the similac. It doesn't leave any clumps. I've never tried Target brand so I can't speak for their stuff.

July 20th, 2009, 04:21 PM
MamaToARockStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i use the target brand(up and up) with my son,he has to have the sensitive one and it works great.He was on similac sensitive for a while then i switched to this and have had no problems plus its soooo much cheaper!
July 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I've used Target, Publix, and Walmart brands. I've found them to be almost completely the same, and my kids have never had issues with either.
July 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
My sister in law uses the Target gentle brand and says that it is exactly the same as the Enfamil brand she had her son on....

I would say try it and if it isn't what you'd hoped for, you can always switch to a brand name or another off-brand
July 23rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We did Enfamil Gentlease for awhile..and then switched to the Sam's Club (same as walmart) brand Gentle. It has been so great!

July 24th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We switched to Target brand (Similac Advanced), I'm not sure what to think right now. He has been constipated, but I don't know if the switch is causing it.
July 24th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
I use the parent's choice w/ iron... I used Similac with iron for my first ... I see no difference except that it is half the price.

July 25th, 2009, 11:55 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
WE used the Target version of Gentlease with GREAT success with our older child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_England_Girl View Post
I have used the Parent's Choice regular formula with success. I actually liked it better than the Goodstart Joel gets on WIC. It's supposed to be like Similac, and he had much less gas on it than he does on the Goodstart.
I notice this with Henry and Gentlease! We got Goodstart on WIC in FL, but MI uses Enfamil. Since Goodstart is comparable to Gentlease, we got that automatically. It's MUCH better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search