OMG i've been gone so long! re-intro!!

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies!! I used to be on this board but have been MIA for so long! but i def want to try to come back around here now that i'll have more time..
anyway i might as well re-introduce myself!
I'm Jessica i'm 23 and DF is 24 and we live about 30 minutes from Washington, D.C.....we had our first baby, Hayden, on April 15th. I was 36 weeks 5 days when we delivered via c-section. He was breech and I was spilling mad protein and had issues so the maternal fetal medicine doctor decided it was best to deliver early.. he was 6lbs 2oz 19inches but healthy!
Breastfeeding didnt work out too well. He is tongue tied which i think was an issue..and he would fall asleep or scream at the breast which just got so frustrating to me..eventually i had to switch to bottles and tried the pumping thing but couldnt keep up with it so i am now all formula.. we are using Similac sensitive because we tried the similac advance early shield and he would spit up all the time and just seemed upset and once we switched he was so much happier and stopped spitting up :-)
we use dr.brown and playtex ventair bottles after trying several different kinds lol i have loads of bottles and still need more!

Hayden is now 3.5 months old (which i cant believe! haha) and he weighed in at 11lbs 4oz at his 2 month appt so he's growing well!

He does have an undecended testicle though which i need to see a urologist about and an umbilical hernia which is starting to repair itself :-) so all his little problems are getting better thank goodness haha

ok after telling you my whole life story.... i'm excited to get back into the swing of things and get to know everyone again :-)

ETA: Oh i was formerlly "Younginlove" haha i forgot i changed my username since being here :-)

August 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Welcome Back!!! I'm glad your going to be around again! Sounds like Hayden is a happy healthy growing little boy! And looking at your siggy, he looks a LOT like my nephew LOL! I'll have to find a picture of him and compare... LOL

We have a lot going on new things going on around here. We currently have a photo contest going on and we also added a private support subforum!
August 1st, 2009, 08:02 PM
thanks! haha ya you should find a picture of your nephew that would be interesting hahaha those are kind of old pics though.. this is him now!

haha i need to get a new siggie made with newer pictures..but he changes everyday!!! haha

I see your the new host! congrats!!!

August 1st, 2009, 09:06 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Ok, not so much in the updated photo, but in your siggy pics! LOL

Here he is with Kaylin a few months ago..

August 2nd, 2009, 08:36 AM
hahaha your right!! he does kind of look like him!! thats so funny

August 2nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
~LaurenNoel~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I'm Lauren, and new to this board after having our little guy a couple weeks ago. Your son is adorable.

................ ...

Wesley (7.16.09) Severe GERD, FTT, Gastroparesis, Sensory Processing issues, Tube fed, (G tube currently), suspected Mitochondrial Disease, trialing Gastric Stimulator. Nissen Fundoplication 7/2012
Ruby (2.16.11)
Nissen Fundoplication and Hiatal hernia repair 10/25/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search