We got kicked out of Burger King....

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2009, 09:02 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
On Sunday, my youth group went to the city for a concert, and we went to Burger King before hand. My mom took Kaylin inside while I wrangled the students into the restaurant. When I got inside, my mom informs me that we have been told to LEAVE because Kaylin is not wearing shoes!!!!

I was so fuming mad, when I got home, I emailed the local news and radio stations about it. Our Fox News affiliate picked it up and ran the story tonight!!! Here's the link to watch it... you'll die laughing!! Plus, my baby girl looks so cute!

St. Louis County Restaurant Threatens To Kick Out Baby Not Wearing Shoes - KTVI
August 5th, 2009, 08:02 AM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness, how rediculous!

Your daughter does look precious in the video clip though

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
August 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Kylerzmom's Avatar Regular
wow that is ridiculous!
August 5th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That is so crazy, I posted about it in my PR and they think so too! I personally (if I wasn't with a church group) would have let them call the cops. They would have just laughed.

August 6th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Jenny, I run an anime and manga website and when I heard about this, I couldn't tell if this was for real or if someone was running a bad joke. This is so deplorable. I watched the coverage of this incident on CNN and couldn't believe my eyes.

From what CNN reported on, Burger King has announced that they are going to educate their franchise owners a little better on proper procedures and that Burger King is trying to get in contact with you in an effort to apologize for what had happened.

However, if I were you, I would contact Burger King's Corporate HQ or their District Manager.

This manager really should have exercised better discretion over this whole deal.

alanneila is also very wrong. While the property may be classified as private property, the owners of a business that sells its services or products to the public then they can only refuse service to someone if they are being disruptive to their business practice. With Burger King being such a large corporation and fast food eatery, this is just bad press for them all around. I just think than alanneila is talking ridiculous nonsense because they obviously don't know what they are talking about.

Last edited by Single and Honest; August 6th, 2009 at 09:09 AM.
August 6th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Chicago12386
I just wanted to add to this.

In high school and college i worked fast food. And every place I worked, the manager made it very clear.

Everyone that comes through those doors must be wearing shoes

Doesn't matter if the person is 80, 25, or a newborn baby.

Its the law and we were to report it to the manager. Manager said anyone who didn't could be possible let go.

So we did.

Personally my baby isn't even born yet. But my baby already has booties.

I feel in public, a baby no matter the age should be fully dressed.

When i was a baby I had outfits with matching shoes, never went anywhere shoeless.

And my baby will be fully dressed in public from the beginning.

My point is, it is the law. the baby should have had shoes or booties. My 6 month old new cousin has beautiful little patten leather shoes she wears everywhere. And she has the cutest pair of sandals....its summer so. Maybe you could try doing that

So Burger King was within their right to refuse service.

they could lose their license over it if a health inspector decided to show up.

Just wanted to add some insight.

Last edited by Chicago12386; August 6th, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
August 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM
CSC6709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Single and Honest View Post
Jenny, I run an anime and manga website and when I heard about this, I couldn't tell if this was for real or if someone was running a bad joke. This is so deplorable. I watched the coverage of this incident on CNN and couldn't believe my eyes.

From what CNN reported on, Burger King has announced that they are going to educate their franchise owners a little better on proper procedures and that Burger King is trying to get in contact with you in an effort to apologize for what had happened.

However, if I were you, I would contact Burger King's Corporate HQ or their District Manager.

This manager really should have exercised better discretion over this whole deal.

alanneila is also very wrong. While the property may be classified as private property, the owners of a business that sells its services or products to the public then they can only refuse service to someone if they are being disruptive to their business practice. With Burger King being such a large corporation and fast food eatery, this is just bad press for them all around. I just think than alanneila is talking ridiculous nonsense because they obviously don't know what they are talking about.

If this is true, GOOD. This whole thing is ridiculous! In that case, Wal-mart, Kmart...or any other place where it may say 'shoes and shirts required' should enforce this also and tell people with their babies bare feet hanging out to leave the store.
August 6th, 2009, 01:21 PM
CSC6709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Single and Honest View Post

If this is true, good! I'm pretty sure shoes and shirts are required at many stores like Wal-Mart and K-mart...Sears...etc...but I have not heard of them kicking out babies because they have no shoes on their feet. This whole thing is ridiculous.
August 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I just saw you on our local news. Burger King is crazy. What a story you will have to tell your duaghter when she grows up though!
August 6th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Kylerzmom's Avatar Regular
Did you see your story was on cnn.com? My Dh was like "don't you know this girl?!" lol
August 6th, 2009, 07:22 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago12386 View Post
I just wanted to add to this.

In high school and college i worked fast food. And every place I worked, the manager made it very clear.

Everyone that comes through those doors must be wearing shoes

Doesn't matter if the person is 80, 25, or a newborn baby.

Its the law and we were to report it to the manager. Manager said anyone who didn't could be possible let go.

So we did.

Personally my baby isn't even born yet. But my baby already has booties.

I feel in public, a baby no matter the age should be fully dressed.

When i was a baby I had outfits with matching shoes, never went anywhere shoeless.

And my baby will be fully dressed in public from the beginning.

My point is, it is the law. the baby should have had shoes or booties. My 6 month old new cousin has beautiful little patten leather shoes she wears everywhere. And she has the cutest pair of sandals....its summer so. Maybe you could try doing that

So Burger King was within their right to refuse service.

they could lose their license over it if a health inspector decided to show up.

Just wanted to add some insight.
Actually, in Missouri, there is no such law or health code. It is strictly company policy.
And while I understand and appreciate your comments, like you said... you are not a mother yet. Just wait... every child is different and you learn to pick your battles. Shoe's are one I opt out of - she doesn't need them, so I don't push her discomfort. It was the way we were treated - that was the battle I chose to fight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search