Enfamil Restful

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2009, 06:56 AM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom

Has anyone ever heard of this or seen it? I was at Target yesterday and saw it on the shelf - I had never noticed it before... It's called Enfamil restful.

It took me a while, but I found this on Enfamil's website: Bedtime Feedings - Enfamil

It claims to do just what you'd think - sleep through the night. It says it thickens in baby's stomach and takes longer to digest, in turn making them sleep longer. I can understand if a baby is having trouble sleeping, but this just sounds odd to me.

Has anyone ever used this, or known of anyone who has? Just curious if it actually works.
August 9th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Kylerzmom's Avatar Regular
Hmm never heard of it. Though I don't know if I like the idea of it. I mean, babies need to eat often for a reason. Expanding their tummies just so you can sleep longer doesn't sound like a great idea IMO. Yea, it sucks getting up every 3 hours to feed him, but it's not like it lasts forever.
August 9th, 2009, 12:51 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
wow, i have never seen that!! i wonder if it works?

August 10th, 2009, 01:15 PM
double post

Last edited by JennyBlossom; August 10th, 2009 at 01:47 PM.
August 10th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylerzmom View Post
Hmm never heard of it. Though I don't know if I like the idea of it. I mean, babies need to eat often for a reason. Expanding their tummies just so you can sleep longer doesn't sound like a great idea IMO. Yea, it sucks getting up every 3 hours to feed him, but it's not like it lasts forever.
My thoughts exactly - there is a reason why babies wake often during the night. Just seemed so odd to me to have a product for this.

It says on the website to "ask your pediatrician if his product is right for your baby."
I'm curious why a ped. might recommend this.
August 14th, 2009, 09:23 AM
i actually tired it and my 2 month old actually woke up more during the night than he usually does. I usually use enfamil lipil premium and that helps him sleep 5 straight hours or more.
August 14th, 2009, 09:23 PM
That's interesting! I wondered if anyone had tried it... thanks for the review!!!

Did it seem thicker than the regular formula? Or was it like the same thing?
August 16th, 2009, 08:59 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
They dont carry it here at this walmart (i havent checked the one in clovis yet) so i dont know. I guess I could order it, bc im curious to see if it works or not, but i dont know if DH would go for that since it's not on our WIC haha.

August 20th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I saw this in Target the other day. I asked my daughter's doctor about it, but she had no idea either. It's just very new. I would think it couldn't be too different from the AR, maybe it's just a thicker formula? The Enfamil website didn't seem to have too much info in it either.
August 20th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I just saw this on the website this morning and am anxious to try it!!! While I agree with the posts that say doing this SOLELY for more sleep is not a good thing, I also agree that there is another side. I have a 4 month old boy who is almost 18 pounds and 28 inches long - the boy eats! I would give my left pinky toe for the ability to sleep more than 3 hours without him being hungry. He gets enough food during the day, but still wakes up for almost 4 ounces twice a night. Not only could I use the rest, but HE would be happier if he got a longer stretch of QUALITY sleep. Enfamil is also running a special if you order it straight from their site - just enter $10SAVINGS for $10 off a $100 order of any kind. Sometimes that's a deal, other times not. Good luck out there...
August 20th, 2009, 08:22 PM
That seems reasonable - my nephew is a big boy like yours... four months old and pushing 20 lbs. He tends to wake up at night because he's hungry too. I just wonder what the catch is - HOW is it supposed to help them sleep?
August 21st, 2009, 12:30 AM
cynicalgal
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsmartsothsishouldbeeasyright_notsomuch View Post
I just saw this on the website this morning and am anxious to try it!!! While I agree with the posts that say doing this SOLELY for more sleep is not a good thing, I also agree that there is another side. I have a 4 month old boy who is almost 18 pounds and 28 inches long - the boy eats! I would give my left pinky toe for the ability to sleep more than 3 hours without him being hungry. He gets enough food during the day, but still wakes up for almost 4 ounces twice a night. Not only could I use the rest, but HE would be happier if he got a longer stretch of QUALITY sleep. Enfamil is also running a special if you order it straight from their site - just enter $10SAVINGS for $10 off a $100 order of any kind. Sometimes that's a deal, other times not. Good luck out there...
hmmm.....maybe you're the target audience.

i've been thinking about this post....and wondering if enfamil is putting this out there to see where their demographic is....and I was wondering who it might be....and I was thinking, older babies. the ones who need just a little bit more.

it's an 'interesting' product. surely to raise some 'controversy' somewhere

if you try it - you should keep us posted on how your kiddo does on it

Take Care!
August 31st, 2009, 08:41 AM
I just brought this formula this weekend and so far so good. My twin girls are 7 months and they both have taken turns in not sleeping through the night. This formula is only for nighttime feeding. It supposedly expands in the belly to give the babies a full belly.

Sunday night into mONDAY i GOT A FULL NIGHT SLEEP! No stirring the got up about 10 this morning no fussing at all.
August 31st, 2009, 09:19 AM
WOW! Glad to hear it worked for you!!
August 31st, 2009, 08:30 PM
jen44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm kind of scared of this product. Maybe not so much for older babies, but young babies wake up often for a reason. Even if my ped recommended it, I wouldn't use it.

Chloe - 6/18/09
Eli - 2/13/12
September 4th, 2009, 01:17 AM
yaz_daz's Avatar Member
I am going to have to look for this and try this my son wakes 2 times a night to eat he is at 18 lbs & 24 inches @ almost 6 mnts .... he was born @ 33 weeks @ 4.11oz @ 17 inches so he is a big boy now ... his doc took him off his preemie formula but boy can he eat... i actuall gave him solid foods to day cause his doc gave me the go ahead he ate the whole jar and wanted more.

September 8th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I've never seen that before!

Jackson doesn't normally wake up in the middle of the night so I won't be trying it!

September 9th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
From what I remember it has rice starch in it that causes it to thicken. I've been wondering what it'd look like if you mixed it and let it set for awhile. You can probably achieve the same thing by putting rice cereal in the formula or just doing a cereal feeding before bed. I can see where it'd be useful, but I bet a lot of women try it that don't need to just because it promises sleep. We're tough, we can function on 30 minutes a day!

September 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really don't see any difference then in that or the AR or Similac sensitive RS. Those have added rice starch too just targeted in a different manor. Maybe there's just more in it? That would probably work better for Mya's reflux then the AR or RS because they didn't work. Oh well I'll just continue buying my Parent's choice brand and adding the cereal in myself. Costs a heck of a lot less!

September 10th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I agree with imsmartsothsishouldbeeasyright_notsomuch:

I have a five month old who is waking up every 90 minutes to two hours. I'm desperate for sleep. I can't focus during the day. I also have a 3 year old and work part time. So I'm DESPERATE for sleep. I got the ok from her pediatrician to give her a formula bottle at night to help her sleep, but it didn't work. My baby is very healthy, she weighed 14 lbs. at her four mo. appoint. and nurses on demand during the day. I don't know what else to do to help her sleep more at night. I don't mind night nursing but I can't keep up at this rate. I bought this formulation at Target and started her with 2 oz. plus nursing before bed, so we'll see how it goes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search