formula question?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Kylerzmom's Avatar Regular
if i have a bottle of cold formula, how long is it good for outside the fridge? (uneaten) like if i took one out and did not warm it, how long do i have to feed it to him before it goes bad?
August 16th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Rocker*mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ooo i want to know the answer to this too.. i read within an hour but i dont know if thats right.. sorry i couldnt help lol i really want to know too though

August 16th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Kylerzmom's Avatar Regular
I know if it is room temp or warm formula it's an hour, and I know if they have eaten from the bottle it is an hour. But I don't know if the formula is cold and hasn't been eaten from if it is still an hour or not.

Right now we have ready-to-feed stuff and I want to know if we got somewhere for 2 hours or whatever, if I can just take a cold bottle and feed it to him whenever he wants it (since it will still be cold from the fridge for a while), or if I NEED to keep it cold until he is ready for it, then warm it to room temp.
August 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
I don't know the "right" scientific answer, but I can research for a bit and try to find it.

Here is my rule of thumb: If I wouldn't drink a glass of milk that has been out that long, she shouldn't either. I will typically give a bottle of refrigerated, cold formula a few hours. For instance, if we are going out to dinner, I will fill a bottle of form the fridge and put it in the bag. She may not eat it for 2 or 3 hours, and if it's still cold, it seems fine to me.

Let me see if I can find an answer for this.
August 16th, 2009, 08:56 PM
starryeyedme04's Avatar Jamie <3
Send a message via AIM to starryeyedme04 Send a message via Yahoo to starryeyedme04
well, i know it says (somewhere on the formula i think) that you can keep the mixed formula for up to 24hrs in the fridge. After that, discard it.

August 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just put it in a bag with an icepack. It stays for about 3 hours. I agree with Jenny if it is warm I won't feed it to her. I only feed it if it is still cool.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search