Formula or Other?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Elizabeth has been gassy and it seems to be getting worse. She isn't sucking a lot of air with her nipples, rarely uses a pacifier, and I never let her suck an empty bottle. She gets burped at least once during each feeding and again after. Mylicon drops have done nothing to help. I put them in her bottle. A couple times a week she's just miserable though. She was gassing up a storm last night and was still going until about 9am today. When she gets like this she, understandably, doesn't sleep and becomes very fussy. It seems like the gas also forces bowel movements. She normally goes once every couple of days and it's normal, but when she gets gassy she goes more frequently and it's a LOT looser.

Right now she's on Similac Advance Early Shield. Do you think it's the formula causing this or could it be the cold we have going through the house? It's been happening off and on for a couple of weeks now. My older two had to be on Isomil, but they were spitting up at every feeding, having gas, stomach aches, etc. It was very obviously the formula. She's not spitting up though. She's only spit up once since she was born. Now with all of the new formulas out there (there's what, 7 Similacs alone?) I'm not even sure what to try if it is the formula.

Any thoughts?

September 15th, 2009, 07:16 AM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Similac Sensitive is designed specifically for babies with gas. I would try that. Kaylin used to be on the Enfamil version (Gentlease)

Similac Sensitive Infant Formula - Easy to Digest Baby Formula for Less Fussiness & Gas - StrongMoms
September 15th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was wondering if we should try that. I called the pediatrician before asking here and he told me not to switch her for another week in case it's something else. I'm not sure what else it could be though and I really don't want her to be miserable for another week, ya know? It seems like we'd be putting her through long days and restless nights for absolutely no reason.

Last edited by MamaAnna; September 15th, 2009 at 07:54 AM.
September 15th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What worked for us was, I squirt the mylicon in his mouth. Mixing it in the formula did not work. We also used Born Free bottles, don't know what you use but it's worth a try.

Goodluck!
September 15th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks. I've used Playtex Ventaire Advanced, Playtex Dropins, and Soothies. None of them seem to make any difference on her gas. I'll give her the Mylicon directly and see if that makes any difference.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search