How are all those babies?!!!

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
How are the babies, ladies?

Emersyn is good, now that her two teeth are through, she seems a bit more 'balanced' as far as her mood goes... and up until now she has been sleeping a lot better.. but i know that now i've said that she'll have a shocking day today

December 13th, 2010, 11:49 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam is sick, double ear infection and generally miserable! hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon!
December 13th, 2010, 03:57 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Vincent is doing good. He still isn't a big fan of tummy time or rolling over, even though he can roll both ways now. He's starting to get the hang of sitting but I think it'll be a little while before he does it on his own for more than a second. I don't think he'll be trying to crawl any time soon either. But I've noticed his pincer grasp is more developed now, though.

He's sleeping like he always has - frequently fussing a little bit then going back to sleep eventually, but now DH is trying to go to bed earlier which means I have to try to get used to sleeping in the same room as Vincent. It's not really going too well, though. He seems to wake sometime between 4-6 AM so I've been giving him a bottle then and he seems to go back to sleep after a while but it's usually only if I'm sleeping with him on the couch, which I'm really wishing I could stop doing. Ugh. We're so behind on this sleep thing so it feels like we're playing catch up.

I think he might be at the very beginning of teething. He's drooling more now and has some pretty fussy moments out of the blue which is very unlike him. I don't really see any swollen gums just yet, though, but I wonder if they are coming soon.

He's been relatively talkative the past couple of days too, but still isn't really making an consonant sounds just yet.

December 13th, 2010, 06:49 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope is starting to get a little of a personality. she started smiling and thrashing around her arms and legs a lot. She is generally over her extreme fussiness (see needs a paci) except the last 2 night she has screamed bloody murder around 8pm. Daddy rocked her to sleep last night.... tonight i shushed her jiggled her... etc and finally she fell asleep

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

December 13th, 2010, 11:22 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Megan is doing good over all except for nights. We sometimes get fights on our hands right around bedtime. Her birthmark or what we thought was a birthmark seems to be getting worse At her last check up David mentioned it and they are going to watch it until her next appt and if it hasn't gotten better they will do something to get rid of it. I feel so bad because it does not look good.

December 14th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Kim, I hope Sam is better soon - how are the antibiotics doing? He must have been on them for 24-ish hours now?

Michele - lol Emersyn only JUST puts up with tummy time now

LifesGood & Cay, they can be hard at night huh... I hope they both start settling easier at night!!!!

December 14th, 2010, 11:47 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for asking! he is doing a lot better today, he slept fairly well last night, he did wake a few times but I just had to pat his butt and he would go back to sleep, he wasn't screaming like the night before, thank God! he woke up happy and babbling and seemed to be back to himself. woot! now we have to finish out the remainder of the meds for a whole week, he is not a fan of taking meds, it is a battle of wills LOL
December 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noelle seems to be doing better. I *think* this 4th antibiotics may be finally working on her poor little ears. She's been super bubbly the last two or three days, talking (well growling) up a storm. She's working really hard on sitting by herself and getting herself into a sitting position whens he is laying on the floor. Her little abs must be getting quite the work out because she seems to think the best way to get from laying to sitting is to crunch herself straight up. I think she grew over the weekend, the day care teachers mentioned yesterday that she seemed like she grew up over the weekend.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
December 14th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Kim, I'm glad things seem to be getting better!

& who_it_is (I am terrible at remembering real names), what a relief to hear that these antibiotics might actually be working - she's been on them for ages hasn't she?? How clever that she's trying to get into a sitting position by herself!!!!!!

December 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
MadilynnsMomma's Avatar Katie
Madi is doing okay.. Has a cough and some congestion so I went out & bought a vaporizer yesterday so hopefully that helps..
Nights are a hit or a miss. She was up every 3 hours like clockwork last night.. Were just starting trasitioning her to her crib.. night 4 tonight wish us luck!!
I made the decision to switch her to soy formula.. She's been on similac sensitive because she has a lactose allergy and it worked good for a few weeks but she still has really loose stools.. So today is day 2 on similac sensitive isomil soy & she seems to be doing good

December 14th, 2010, 01:30 PM
ZeliaMarie
Caleb is doing well. He rolls all over the living room. Just last week he started pulling his legs up underneath him andscooting. I'm not sure if he's trying to sit-up or crawl but he gets so frustrated trying to do what ever it is he's trying to do..LOL

Caleb has eye surgery scheduled for Jan 24th. He is able to see out of oth eyes but they do not work together so he is only using one at a time. The one he's not using at that moments wanders outward. His doctor will cut the muscle on each eye, shorten it, and reconnect it. Caleb will have to be under anaesthesia for the operation....so we'll see (no pun intended LOL)....
December 14th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Katie, I'm glad she's doing well with the new formula! Sometimes it can take awhile to find the right one....

& Heather - Emersyn tries to get up on her knees now & it's so cute - she doesnt' seem to realise she needs to use her hands to, so keeps face planting I hope Caleb's surgery goes well - there've been a few babies in my PR who have had to have general anaesthesia, but all have handled it pretty well..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search