Trying a store brand

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2010, 05:02 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone ever tried the Meijer store brand formula?

They sent me a check for $7.50 off a can of their formula and since they actually make an added rice formula (it says compare to Enfamil AR which is what we use) I thought I would try it. Enfamil AR runs $13-16 for a 12.9 oz can and their store brand was a 24 oz. can for $16 so with the coupon I only paid $8.50 for twice as much as I usually get!

We usually get WIC but I've been having to buy sever cans on top of that so I'm thinking if he does okay with the Meijer store brand I'll just get that when I have to buy it, since it costs half as much as the Enfamil.

December 17th, 2010, 08:43 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't tried that kind but I have tried Target and Parent's Choice and both constipated my little man, no idea why though? they are supposed to be the same! who knows? but I would definately give the generic a try!

sidenote: I sent your can out today too! the Post Office guy was all " you better make sure that is packed in a padded envelope, so the can doesn't get crushed and the liquid spills out!! he was like yelling at me he was so crabby LOL unless the mail truck runs over the can I highly doubt liquid will be going anywhere he was such a pill!!
December 17th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
I haven't tried that kind but I have tried Target and Parent's Choice and both constipated my little man, no idea why though? they are supposed to be the same! who knows? but I would definately give the generic a try!

sidenote: I sent your can out today too! the Post Office guy was all " you better make sure that is packed in a padded envelope, so the can doesn't get crushed and the liquid spills out!! he was like yelling at me he was so crabby LOL unless the mail truck runs over the can I highly doubt liquid will be going anywhere he was such a pill!!
As soon as we are finished with this can we'll try the store brand. I'm hoping there's no issues with it.

Thanks for sending the formula! Gotta love those postal employees - must be the holidays getting to him! I don't think that's where I'd want to be working this time of the year.

December 17th, 2010, 09:03 AM
ZeliaMarie
Just standing in line at the post office is enough to make me want to scream...I couldn't imagine being trapped there behind the counter for hours at a time!

Back to the post...let us know how it works out. Caleb is constipated no matter what formula he's on but the Target up&up is working great for us. Of course he's still on Mira lax too.
December 17th, 2010, 09:27 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ true! the post office is a sad, sad place! I usually try to do stuff thru our postman because he is really nice, in a stalker, won't stop talking to me kinda way ....k sorry to threadjack LOL
December 17th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
haha feel sorry for my sister - she is a postal delivery person - AND 30 weeks pregnant, delivering about 4x as much mail as usual each day at the moment... She's still on her postal bike, it just makes me laugh.. she's like a warrior woman!

& regarding the store brand, good luck - hope it works well!! We are so lame with our formula over here, we have like 3 brands & that's it...

December 17th, 2010, 02:00 PM
He just had his first bottle of the Meijer formula and I was surprised at the difference in the color. It is much more yellow than the Enfamil powder. It doesn't seem to foam up nearly as much as the Enfamil though, which is good. But the instructions specifically said to use warm water, which I didn't. I wonder if it's okay that I used room temperature water. Does anyone else's formula specifically say to use warm water? He drank it down just fine so now I just have to wait and see how he digests it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search