2011 Chatter Thread! ~ lets try get this board active again!

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
2011 is here ladies - I can't believe it! Seems like not long ago everyone was all paranoid about the 'y2k bug' how are you all?? which of our working moms are still on holiday? which of our working SO's are still on holiday? Has 2011 been kind to you so far? How are the kiddos?

I am good can't complain... the girls are both good as well, Emersyn is developing in leaps & bounds - Gaby steadily developed but Emersyn seems to be 'flat' for awhile & then make huge jumps.. interesting to compare! Gaby went on her first mommy-less holiday last week, and she only rang me one night in tears, which I thought was good going - and that was her last night there!

January 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far so good this year. I can't believe Vincent will be 6 months old on the 12th! We will be starting solids probably in a couple of weeks which I'm getting excited about. Our 3rd wedding anniversary is also on the 12th and Vincent also has a kidney ultrasound that day and his 6 month pedi appt and shots on the 13th.

I think DH and I will be going on our first "date" in a VERY long time next weekend. It's nothing special but we're going to eat at Chilis and going to the planetarium. Its sort of big for us though because DH is a total homebody and never wants to go anywhere.

January 6th, 2011, 12:18 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
New to this board...

Everything is going great so far. I am back to work :-(. That is so hard to do, I wish I could stay home with my babies. Lily is my oldest she is 7 and Tommy i 4.5 months. I can't believe how fast time has gone by, it seems like yesterday I was waiting for him to get here. We will celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary, that is so crazy too..I can't believe how fast time is going by! I hope to get to know all you more.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
January 7th, 2011, 04:48 PM
welcome Krislati! It must be hard to go back to work - I hope the transition isn't too hard

Gaby was sick earlier in the week & now it seems that Emersyn has it , so I could be in for a few days of very disgusting diaper changes! Hate them being sick - especially Gaby because she's so... un-Gaby (ie quiet.. lol). I have been on my weight loss journey for nearly a week now & am really proud of myself - I've exercised 6 days in a row, have been watching what I'm eating, and am very motivated.. I hope this is IT for me!

What's everyone up to this weekend

January 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi everybody! 2011 has been busy for us already. Lots of family gatherings and things going on. Ellie was eight months on the 4th. Time is flying by! I can't believe my baby is getting so big. Still no signs of crawling or pulling up yet. My girl is a lazy daisy! I'm still a SAHM until the fall and loving it. How is everybody else doing?
January 18th, 2011, 04:19 PM
welcome back Jo!!!! Gaby didn't start pulling herself up, or crawling until about 9 months - sometimes they are just laid back & not in a rush to get to the otherside of the room LOL.

Things are okay here - my cousins - 9 & 13 have been staying with me, and it's fair to say I'm at the end of my rope right now! They leave in 1 3/4 hours, and I hate saying it but i'm sooooo relieved! Gaby has been acting up - showing off I guess, and the oldest is a sulky teenager.. I asked them to have lunch & then do the dishes before, the youngest had her lunch & then they both just sat around, so I ended up just doing them myself & half way through she comes out with "Oh Emma, could you make my lunch now?".. that got a pretty swift NO I CAN'T, DO IT YOURSELF!" Not to mention the address she gave me for her friends house (who she stayed with last night) was the WRONG address & I drove around for 30 minutes trying to find her this morning....

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hope by the time my girls are teens, there is a pill for them

January 19th, 2011, 05:52 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome Krislati and welcome back speechteach!! Krislati where in NE PA do you live? I grew up in Bloomsburg!! ......things are ok here, Sydney is going to be 3 very soon (2/12) she is a handful! those of you who have 3 yr olds know this and those that never have had a 3 yr old will find out LMAO, for what it's worth 3 is worse than 2 I think!! Sam is just about 8months, he is crawling (mostly army crawling) he can now sit from crawling and crawl from sitting! and he is starting to pull up but hasn't mastered it yet. it is funny because my dd was walking at 9months, Sam will not be walking at 9mo, funny how kids are so different and they all do things in their own time! 9months was far too early to walk anyway LOL too much chasing involved on my part
January 19th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome back, and thanks for your reassurance about Ellie. I figure she just thinks she has a perfectly good momma to carry her from room to room so why should she bother! I'm sure she'll do it eventually. I know I shouldn't compare, but almost all the babies in her PR are at least trying to crawl if not crawling and pulling up already so I was wondering if she was behind. I guess I should be thankful for the extra time I get to not be chasing her all over the house.
Emma, that sounds rough. I can't blame you for being ready for them to leave. Teenagers can be a lot to take! Hopefully your house can get back to normal now that they've shipped out!
Kimmie, my good friend in real life says the same thing about three year olds! She swears it's way worse than two!
What is the weather like where you are? It's snowing like crazy here in Illinois! Poor DH is going to spend half the night shoveling...
January 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Don't worry about Ellie! Sam was a "lazy daisy" for the longest time! just within the last few weeks he has finally decided that he can actually move LOL, it was literally overnight so don't be surprise if one day Ellie just up and goes! sooner or later they all average out and by the time they are 3 and playing with their friends you won't know who walked, talked, crawled first and it doesn't really matter anyway! my 2 kids are complete opposites, Sydney was very motor skills oriented as a baby, she was go, go, go from very early on but she didn't talk until after her 2nd birthday. (of course now she never STOPS talking LOL) Sam has been slower in comparison with physical stuff but he babbles more than she ever did. so if siblings can be so different it really does show ALL babies are different. try not to worry Ellie is adorable by the way!

the weather here is cold and sunny. more snow is predicted for Friday, yesterday was ice and freezing rain......I am so over winter!!!
January 19th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks Kimmie, that makes me feel so much better! I'm sick of winter too. I can't believe how much snow we have already had.
January 20th, 2011, 06:20 AM
we keep getting like mini snowstorms 4-6inches every few days to a week. 4-6inches here is just enough to be a pain in the butt but not enough to keep anyone homebound LOL, it is just a pain to shovel and clean off cars and sidewalks, blah! thankfully my DH is on snow removal duty LOL

today is a a good day! both kids slept all night without a peep! and both were out the door for daycare without issue, that is rare LOL, there is usually at least one meltdown per morning from my dd due to one issue or another! ahhhhh I love meltdown free mornings!!
January 20th, 2011, 07:25 AM
ZeliaMarie
I'm still here...lurking more than posting. 2011 stunk so far. We all rang in the New YEar while battling a stomach bug, then I got a kidney stone....now we are all fighting some sort of head cold.

Caleb goes Tuesday to have his eye surgery. I'm crossing my fingers that he's feeling better and they don't postpone it.

My DD (another almost 3 year old here) is into EVERYTHING. She downed half a bottle of teething tablets a few days ago.. She's fine but it scared the crap out of me. She's been getting into a lot of trouble but I can't say I blame her. With all of us sick she's been couped up in the house for a few days now.

Caleb is growing like a weed and at 6 months old weights 17lbs and is 27 inches. He's sleeping through the night. Not sitting up on his own yet or crawling...and no teeth yet. LOL I think he's another lazy baby..

We need to get out of this house! LOL
January 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I hope Caleb's surgery goes well! KUP!! being housebound does not help anyones behavior LOL my dd likes to be out and about and if we are stuck at home it rarely goes well! I am the same way though I like to keep busy and be social so I guess she takes after me.

this is like the longest work day ever!!!!!! seriously it should be Friday by now!
January 20th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Yuck, stomach flu is the worst! I hope your son's surgery goes well...I'm sending good thoughts your way! Do you all work outside of home? I'm a SAHM for now, but I am supposed to go back to work in the fall. I actually have to decide by Monday if I'm going to actually go back or resign and stay at home long term.
January 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I work from home but my contract requires me to have childcare in place for my kids so they go to daycare/preschool. even if it didn't I wouldn't be able to work from home and take care of 2 kids because I have a 8-4 corporate kind of job that requires me to be available at any time during work hrs and for conference calls and all that so that wouldn't mix well with having kids at home. The good thing is I have no commute so my work hrs are what they are and that allows me to spend more time with my kiddos than if I worked outside of the house.....personally I don't think I am equipped to be a SAHM, it seems like a really hard job! LOL I wish I could work part time or job share but as of now that isn't an option and I just can't give up my job, I really love it and there are too many perks! .....hard decision you have to make! good luck!!........and sorry you have the stomach flu! that is the WORST! I had a stomach bug a few months ago and I swore I was going to die! it was awful LOL feel better soon!
January 21st, 2011, 12:29 PM
LOL Kimmie I can't imagine a 9mo walking - they're so tiny! That said, I think my sister was walking at 10mo... how cute it must have looked! Emersyn is just starting to get up on her knees now, and you can see her trying to figure out how to move forward, but she hasn't mastered her arms yet LOL

Jo, I know what you mean about your baby seeming 'behind' all the other PR babies - Gaby seemed sooooooo far behind with her crawling - then all of a sudden one day she was crawling! THEN she was one of the first to be walking .. it's all swings & roundabouts! I have a hard time not comparing Gaby & Emersyn, but I'm slowly learning not to! Can I just say though, I love her photos in your siggy what a heartbreaker! Oh & I'm a SAHM as well... I am on a government benefit (due to being a single mum) - I was planning to go back to work, but it is a very sad fact that to be able to make ends week - and not be worse off than I am now (which isn't exactly well off!), I would have to work about 50 hours a week at about $4 above minimum wage - which isn't easy to find here at the moment... So I stay home with my girls, I figure that even though I hate living off the government, the girls are getting the benefit of a lot of 1-on-1 time with me, which I think is important as a single parent...

LOL Heather, 3 year olds are scary I thought the 2's were meant to be terrible, but the 3's are worse - but they're also better, because you start seeing their intellectual development changing, starting to recognise letters etc - sometimes Gaby just blows my mind. I found the hardest part about the 3's is the fact they become VERY head strong.... geez I had some battles with Gaby girl! I hope Caleb's surgery goes well - will you update on FB??? I'll def. be keeping an eye out for an update!!!! Sounds like an unpleasant start to 2011 for you guys - I hope the rest of the year is a massive improvement on the start!

You'd think it's mid winter here! We have had temperatures around 30-33C and NOW we are on 15-18C, it's crazy - it's been raining for the past three days, and it has been pretty cold - I had to go out and buy both girls some warmer clothes, because they've both grown out of their winter clothes.. it's bizarre. Of course now I've spent the money it'll start being hot again

What's everyone up to this weekend?

January 21st, 2011, 07:48 PM
yes 9 months walking was just silly LOL I could barely find shoes to fit her! I will have to see if I can find the video of the first time she walked, she was so tiny!! so funny that Sam will be 9months in 1 month and I cannot even imagine him walking! it would just be weird to see him walk right now LOL

and yes 3 year olds are scary, and smart, and funny, and headstrong!! Sydney will argue with me like a teenager I swear, Good God what will it be like when she IS a teenager!!

I have no big plans for the weekend, I may do a playdate tomorrow with a friend and her dd. Syd seems like she is coming down with a cold though so I will see how she is in the morning.
January 22nd, 2011, 02:19 PM
LOL I always find myself saying that Gaby is 4 going on 14... she's starting to get a bit sassy, but her preschool teacher assured me it's normal.. they're all sassy at that age

we went to my parents for most of the day y/day - my aunty & cousin were up, so we spent some family time with them, which was nice! Today Gaby is with her Dad & has a birthday party to go to at Chipmunks (indoor play place) - and she was SO excited about it!! I think me & Emmy may hit the mall when she's up from her nap, so I can buy some sushi for lunch...

January 22nd, 2011, 05:06 PM
sassy is a good word for it LOL some of the things Syd say I don't know if I should scold her or laugh at her wit LOL

I did pretty much nothing today, which was actually very nice! in baby milestone news Sam learned to pull up today, like really pull up not just to his knees but all the way to his feet. my big boy!! growing so fast!

it is freezing cold here today and supposed to get colder tomorrow, blah!! it is seriously too cold to even bother going outside for even a minute
January 22nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
Emersyn seems so far behind all the other June babies, even though I know she's not Emmy isn't even up on her hands & knees yet, let alone her feet way to go Sam! They grow way too fast don't they - I thought baby #2 would go slower, but nope - if anything it's faster!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search