HELP-flying with formula...

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are flying to NYC to visit my sister on Thursday and will be traveling with powder formula. I read the TSA website and it's not really clear on powdered formula. I am hoping to travel with one of those little containers with premeasured formula. I would also like to travel with bottles with premeasured nursery water like I do at home, but I'm not sure if they will let me pass with the water. Who has experience traveling with formula???
February 8th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
When I did Gaby didn't need a bottle during the flight, so all that stuff was packed in our luggage that got checked in, so I really don't know. I would recommend ringing the airports that you are flying out of to find out their policy.

February 8th, 2011, 04:58 PM
ZeliaMarie
I've flown a lot with DD and twice with DS. They will not let you take the water through security but you should be fine with the powder. What I do is as soon as I get through security I stop by one of those shops and buy a bottled water.
February 10th, 2011, 02:14 PM
LifesGood's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the powder is fine, you cant bring the water but we bought water after the security check and made them on the plane. drinking a bottle or sucking a paci helps their ears pop properly on take-off and landing

Jaidynsmum is my siggy hero!

February 21st, 2011, 07:39 AM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay girls, we made it back. Here's my experience with formula and airport security in case anyone else is flying soon...
I decided to bring bottles with nursery water premeasured just like I do at home. I figured it wasn't a huge deal if they made me dump it out, so I figured I'd try to bring it.
We flew out of Chicago Midway. We let them know that we had formula/water and someone opened each bottle and waved a little "PH strip" over the top to check it for fumes they said. Maybe they thought I was trying to smuggle vodka? And they didn't check the powdered formula at all. So they let me through with both the water and the formula with no problem.
When we flew back we left from a little airport on Long Island, NY and I told them we had formula/water and they never even checked it at all, just sent us on our way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search