I'm back online.... traumatised,but back...

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
you may have heard of the 6.3 quake in NZ this week...the quake was in the city I live in.. it hit just as I put Emersyn on the floor at my parents, the shaking started & I knew it'd be bad.. dove on top of her as everything in the lounge fell down around us.. it was truly terrifying, 100x worse than our 'big' quake in September. Gaby was at preschool so I knew she was safe (really safe building, withstood the September quake easily), but I HAD to go see my Mum at her work, luckily only a few minutes away... I drove over there somehow, hyperventilating like mad. got to Mum's work & they were all outside, soon as I saw her I started crying even harder... Then went & collected Gaby, got a text from my Dad - so knew we were all fine.

Got back to my parents & Mum was home, Dad got home awhile after... No power or water... no idea what was going on in the rest of the city..

Then found out there were multiple fatalities in the CBD, buildings had collapsed- that didn't happen last time.

Even scarier was finding out my Dad had left one of the buildings that collapsed, 20 minutes prior to the quake - and he was nearby when the quake struck, and saw the building come down. Still scares me to think what would have been had he made his dr appt for 15 minutes later... I'm not sure I will ever lose that feeling.

Anyway, 4 days post quake & we just got power on today - water came on yesterday. Whole suburbs are pretty much destroyed... My suburb isn't in a good state, but my house is okay - got a broken window, broken patio glass & my bedroom door won't close.. plus some cracks in the path, but that's it... just a whole bunch of stuff from the cupboards in the kitchen, was on the floor.. bit of a mess!

I'm still pretty traumatised by it all.... mind is working overtime, but i can't even really think straight..

here is a link if you want to read any more about it.. or watch video etc... if you do - welcome to my reality!
Christchurch Earthquake Latest News & Information*| TVNZ

for those of you who don't know, we had a 7.1 mag earthquake here on September 4th, so none of us ever in our wildest dreams (nightmares) thought this could happen again.. and so much worse this time

to date 145 have been confirmed dead & still 200+ missing...

February 26th, 2011, 09:42 AM
ZeliaMarie
Emma....you guys are in my prayers
February 26th, 2011, 09:49 AM
ZeliaMarie
...just looked at the pictures...I can't even begin to imagine...
February 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
thanks Heather.... it's nice to be back online, adds to the sense of normality

February 27th, 2011, 06:45 AM
My3Boys64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sooo happy to hear from you! Ever since it came on the news I have been so worried...what a year it has been for you! How scary! I am just glad everyone in your family is ok! I hope to God they find all those missing people and rescue them!

Danielle - Mama to William 02-05-08, Jackson 11-20-09 & Mason 09-08-11.
February 27th, 2011, 08:39 AM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As soon as I heard on the news I thought of you! I was so worried! Thank goodness Kimmie saw you had posted on FB that you & your family were okay. Still keeping you in my T&P. I can't imagine how shaken you must be, and your girls too. Very scary!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search