Livid!!!! updated in post 6

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2011, 03:14 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
As you know, Teddy is on a special prescription formula. We were running low on the samples they gave us, and i recieved a letter in the mail saying that my insurance would cover it. So i called the pharmacy they were supposed to send the prescription to and inquired whether it was ready. It was not, as they had not received the prescription. I was a little panicky, so i called the doctor first thing this morning. The girl at the desk said that the prescription was on hold until today when we had a phone appt to confirm it was working. (this does not make sense because had i not gotten anxiety and breastfed for a few days, we would be out already)
She has me call the messaging line to leave my message. In two hours i don't get a call back, and i remember the NP i see has to work in the clinic sometimes. I call back mid day and say that i need SOMEONE to call in a prescription for the formula for me and leave my number again. No call. I call at 4:30 and the office is closed! I have 3/4 of a can of formula left. No idea if they will call me tomorrow either. I will be on the phone first thing in the morning until i talk to SOMEONE and they give me samples. It's too late for a pharmacy to order some in time. I can't even describe how angry i am right now.

}

Last edited by alicenwonderland; March 31st, 2011 at 08:26 AM.
March 28th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness!!! I'm am SOOOO sorry!!! Ugh, someone totally dropped the ball. I know you are going to call in the morning but if you need to, go ahead and call the doctor on-call. Of course that doesn't help since the pharmacy still needs to order the formula for you.
March 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is awful! I hope they can get you the formula one way or another tomorrow.
March 29th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
that is shocking!!!! I hope you are able to get some ASAP - it irritates me that they can do things like that, it's not like you're after drugs to fuel a habit - you're after FOOD for your little boy!

March 30th, 2011, 07:08 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that's terrible! I hope you got everything sorted out and got the rx!
March 31st, 2011, 08:22 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I'm even more angry now. I called and ranted to the secretary finally got a call back from a nurse. The script actually was sent, the pharmacy just dropped the ball. But apparently the messaging line i was leaving messages at, the one they "check hourly", didn't get checked that day. I was sooo beyond pissed. They gave me another sample, but i had to drive to the hospital to get it. Now i have my big prescription... but still bitter about this whole thing.

Insurance was great and covered most of it. I'm so happy about that. 16 cans would cost me $545 normally. But with insurance i only pay $70. I feel really lucky there.

}
March 31st, 2011, 09:45 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you finally got it taken care of! It really sucks that you had to go through all of that, though. I HATE it when people drop the ball and act like there is no possible way that anything could be their fault. I dealt with a little bit of that myself this morning.

March 31st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry!! And I'm sorry to tell you the ugly truth but I'm a pharmacist and used to work at a big chain pharmacy, but they have totally been cutting the staff and asking everyone to do more-and priority is ALWAYS patients who walk in holding a prescription. It isn't fair to the customers, it isn't fair to the employees. Its just totally mismanaged.

I always tell the customers that unfortunately there is a LOT of opportunity for things to get missed and they need to be on top of everything otherwise things WILL get lost. Is it supposed to be like that? No way. But it happens. Really, about half our customers didn't have a prescription waiting for them when they came in. It sucks.

Oh I'm also wondering if you go the so same chain I used to work at...I remember a message saying the voicemails are checked every hour...they NEVER tell the pharmacists to do this! Its more like "deal with it when you get a chance at the end of the day".
March 31st, 2011, 07:22 PM
speechteach42's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you finally got some food for Teddy, but so sorry you had to go through all that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search