What is the best formula?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MLG

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2011, 08:42 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When my boys were little the only options we had really were enfamil and one other. Now I feel so overwhelmed by the choices out there.

What formula is working best for you?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Veteran
I am not a regular here but I was just reading a few post and saw this. With both my girls BFing didnt work out. When we went to formula we went with enfamil to start and then went to the generic brand. It is just as good as others. DD1 was allergic to the gerber good start so we didn't even try it with DD2. Our pedi said that there are really only three makers of formula (enfamil, similac, and gerber). There really is not best formula. It is all about what formula works best for you and your baby. DD1 took regular enfamil no problem and DD2 now uses enfamil Gentalease.
August 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM
At first we tried Enfamil Gentlease because I wanted something gentle but that stuff was AWFUL. We now use Good Start and it's working amazingly
August 19th, 2011, 04:55 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you girls! So I guess it all depends on what your baby tolerates best. It will be a trial and error process?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only supplement with formula but Nicholas does best with Vermont Organics

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

August 20th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy123 View Post
Thank you girls! So I guess it all depends on what your baby tolerates best. It will be a trial and error process?
Definitely. I first tried Gentlease because it has so many great reviews, but didn't work for mine. Every baby is so different when it comes to formula. I hope that the first one you try works for her though!
August 22nd, 2011, 04:06 PM
Veteran
Gentalease didn't work on my first but it did with my second.

Last edited by kiley-emmalyn; August 30th, 2011 at 03:43 PM.
August 23rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used the walmart Parent's Choice brand with my first daughter. I have been using the same brand with my 1 week old, and she seems to be doing very well with it. It's about half the price as the enfamil, but it's the same exact thing.
August 30th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLopez View Post
I used the walmart Parent's Choice brand with my first daughter. I have been using the same brand with my 1 week old, and she seems to be doing very well with it. It's about half the price as the enfamil, but it's the same exact thing.
Walmart will send samples of their formula. I reg on the parents choice formula website. We use generic also unless I have a coupon for like BJs or costco. Your right generic is the same. I often use target brand because they have a bigger can of the gentle than walmart.
September 20th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Regular
i supplement and my daughter does awesome on organic similac. o for baby [o organic, a safeway brand] was good too. too clumpy though.
October 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Mama to Aidan & Caleb
Its usually trial and error. I went though about 6 with my son, he had bad acid reflux so once i stopped breastfeeding we had issue finding one that suited him.

We tried Similac, Similac sensitive for spit up, Similac Alimentum Enfamil newborn, enfamil gentle ease, and Good Start Gentle. He had issues ranging from worse reflux to horrible horrible gas.

I now use Parent's choice sensitive and he's 8 months old

((Thank you so much Bokkechick for my beautiful signature photo))
October 25th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
my first didn't take to parent's choice, (did well with regular Similac), and my second did just fine with the parent's choice low iron. So there really is no "best" just whatever works best for you and baby.

November 30th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Veteran
Target brand is definitely the best for your money. They have ones comparable to enamel and similac.
mom2K&G likes this.

February 20th, 2012, 11:04 AM
sunnysky24's Avatar Super Mommy
Definitally one for generic formula especially parents choice organic look at where its made then look at vermont organics and earths best. you will find they are the same. But we have used babys only organic just becasue of my childrens corn intolerances and I love it. it does make them a lttle constipated so I do use one bottle of regular formula a day to help with that. Then once they are eating solids there was no more constipation problems. i found on amazon i can get it for $8 a can!! WOW!!!

]
July 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I don't know if you can get it outside the UK but I used SMA with my son and loved it.

August 2nd, 2012, 04:04 AM
.:Kati:.'s Avatar kyler's mommy
we've used similac advanced since birth,he has never had any problems and loves it.

August 2nd, 2012, 04:34 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both my kids did very well on Goodstart!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
September 11th, 2012, 12:43 PM
My daughter uses Good Start Gentle and does very well with it!

March 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
mom2K&G's Avatar Certified Dog Trainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLG View Post
Target brand is definitely the best for your money. They have ones comparable to enamel and similac.
I used target brand Similac and it works awesome! I used it for my DS and I will use it again for this baby as well. The price is really good!! If you compare the target similac to the actual similac product it's the exact same!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search