Nutramigen Lipil with Enflora LGG

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Hello - New mom looking for some advise.

We just started my 6 week old on Nutramigen Lipil with Enflora LGG at the Doctors advice. Since starting it she has been having a bowel movement after EVERY bottle, and this BM happens with him 5-30 mins after having the bottle. I am afraid she will become dehydrated with so many BMs.

Our story: Started her on Breastmilk (very little at first, BM didn't come in until the 5th day) and we were supplementing with Prosobee. Once my milk came in we intoduced more BM and slowly went off the formula. Since doing all that she had become colicy, we brought the formula back in and she stayed colicy and became constipated. Nothing the doctor told us to do (thermometer, apple juice and water, kero syrup in the bottle etc) would work. Finally she gave us a suppository to do. This is the only way she would have a BM but it would be a hard small circular poop. I knew this still wasn't right so we went back and they gave us this new formula.... Nutramigen.

Any information or tips would greatly be appreciated
August 28th, 2011, 11:21 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Wow! Sounds like you've been throught the wringer. Sounds like your baby could have a milk intolerance. Soy is naturally very constipating, and milk and soy intolerances tend to go hand in hand. Nutramigen is a good choice, but the number of bowel movements does seem frequent. Is it watery like diarrhea?
I breastfed until my baby was 5 months... so i don't really know how frequently they are supposed to go at that age while bottle fed. I don't htink my son went that often though.
There's a possibility your baby could take issue with the cornstarch or the probiotic (LGG) in the Nutramigen. Alimentum is the Similac equivelent and it does not contain either of those. The Ready to feed version of Alimentum doens't contain corn at all. It might be worth trying Alimentum to see if it works better for you. Is your LO still colicky on the nutramigen?

September 4th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your msg. Yes I feel like I've been put through the wringer, and it sure isn't making our marriage easy.

I think I will try the Similac version. She is not colicy when on Nutramigen.
September 4th, 2011, 11:21 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Glad your lo is doing better on the nutramigen. Hope the similar fixes your bm issues. Expect stools to be darker and soft on the alimentum

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search