hello! newbie with questions.

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2011, 07:19 AM
mafiamom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my name is colleen and my new little one is caden. he is now 2 months old and gaining like a champ

we were supplementing at birth but due to him being born a month early, he just had latch issues we couldnt surmount.

i started him out on similac advanc ready to serve which i was given at the hospital. it became very evident that this was not going to work for him, so i switched to the sensitive kind after 3 weeks. he was on this for three weeks and was doing quite well, except he coudnt poop! i noticed he started to get fussy so after reading many reviews i put him on gerber good start gentle. OMG bad decision. he screamed and grunted and twisted and even started to spit up, which - thankfully we typically have none of.

ugh so i am not back on the sensitive and wonder where to go from here? i am not seeing signs of protein intolerance so i dont think i need to go that far, should i try the soy next? i know changing back and forth is really bad, but he is such a happy baby when his poor little belly isnt hurting.

also - if you use the powder what kind of water do you use to mix it? we have a cooler with bottled water. our tap water is tested every four hours, but contains flouride which i read is not good for new babies. do you think there is a big difference between RTS and powder?

HELP
September 8th, 2011, 12:10 PM
sweetgirl51305's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not much advice to give you, but I did ask the ped about the water and she said bottled water is just fine. I also use filtered water from the fridge.

Hope there's others to help with the formula questions. I'm at a loss too. Lilliana is gassy. I think we're gonna get different bottles and try that.

~*Visit my ETSY shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/SillyWillyLilli*~
September 9th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Melliesbelly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, Liam had horrible gas issues when we started him on Enfamil Newborn powder. I decided to switch to Enfamil Gentlease and he's done fabulously ever since. I also switched his bottles to Avent.

We only use RTS but that's because I feel like the amount of powder you put in is never exactly the same every time, and that bugs me. With RTS, I avoid that completely. Though I still have a canister in the diaper bag for emergency feedings. So, in my opinion, there is a difference with RTS, but that's just the measuring issues.

We haven't had a single issue since the formula switch.

Probably an obvious question, but do you use any gas drops or Gripe Water?

SO to Brian
Mommy to Liam, and Gage!

September 9th, 2011, 04:47 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried changing up the bottle type? Avent works best for us when I do feed formula or bm from a bottle.

I use formula on occasion and had issues with similac and enfamil, so now I use Vermont Organics (sold in Hannaford) which is the same price, if not cheaper, than the major brands, and he does great with it. His poops dont get nasty from it either like with the similac and enfamil.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

September 12th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melliesbelly View Post
Well, Liam had horrible gas issues when we started him on Enfamil Newborn powder. I decided to switch to Enfamil Gentlease and he's done fabulously ever since.

Probably an obvious question, but do you use any gas drops or Gripe Water?
We did the same formula wise with the same result! I like using the Dr Brown's bottles. they are a little complicated to put together but they have made burping the baby so easy!

Not much help with gripe water/gas drops, they did nothing for us.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search