Question about switching formula from hypoallergenic to sensitive

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2011, 04:31 PM
lex1078's Avatar Waiting patiently....
Hi ladies. I don't post here at all, but have belonged to JM for a really long time.

My Ds, Max was put on Similac Alimentum when he was about 3 months old cause we thought he had a milk-protein allergy but now we don't think that's the case. We think he cried as much as he did cause he was just colicky. His stool never tested positive for blood but we put him on the formula just in case. He is now 6 months old and doing great. I asked his pedi about switching him to back to regular formula and he said to go ahead and give it a try. We plan on switching him to Gerber good start a week from today. We're waiting till we come back from vacation. Is there any specific way I should do this? I was just planning on starting with giving him one bottle of the GGS during the day and increasing his bottle amounts as the days go one. Day one would be 1 bottle GSS, day 2 would be 2 bottles, day 3 would be 3 bottles, so on and so forth. Is that a good plan or is there another way you suggest?

TIA ladies.

November 10th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Hi there!!

I see it has been a few days since you posted and was wondering how the transition was going? I to have a baby that we have on alimentum for about a month and half "just in case" she has MSPI. All of our tests were negative, even spent night in the hospital to observe her eating habits (she had been "colicky and awake all day and night she would fall asleep when eating...so would never eat Anyway we were told to try the special formula for a month then retry regular formula...we are getting ready to go try Similac Advance as we were BF with some supplementation with that. Just wondered what you did and how it went??
April 24th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know since the two formula's taste so different you might have to mix half and half then slowly reduce the hypoallergenic stuff.. little at a time..My daughter is currently on nutramigen for severe allergy issues and we tried the transition to regular at 6 months and that didnt go so well..LOL..Im hoping in your case that it turns out there was no allergy to begin with and the transition is easier for you..good luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search