How to save on Formula costs?!?!?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Veteran
Hubby and I are ttc, we are really trying to plan ahead and although im hoping to breastfeed, we all know that I may not be able to for whatever reason. So now im looking into formula feeding.
It seems VERY expensive, so im wondering how do you all afford it????

How much are you spending per week if you are only ff?
is there a way to save on formula costs? specific place to buy?

any other tips or experiences would be great. I did some looking online and one can was over $30.00 and I think that might only last one day??
that can't be right can it?

please tell me what you are all doing! thanks in advance!!
January 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Happy Mommy
1 can usually lasts 1 week. you can get coupons from the manufacturers

and shop locally, that's usually where you will get your best deals
January 17th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Susie is now 6 months and 1 22oz canister of powder lasts about 5 days. Regular price is $27 for that canister.

How I save money:
1. I signed up and recieve formula checks. (My sister signed up also - claiming she had a baby the same day and gives me the checks they send her.) When you sign up tell them you plan to exclusively breastfeed. The checks you recieve are higher. You wont know till baby arrives which brand will work best for him/her. So sign up for all the major companies. You can swap the checks you dont need for ones you do (moms in your DDC will be most likely to swap).
2. Coupons! Every so often, there are coupons in the newspaper or printable online. when they come up, print as many as you can and get anyone you know to print them for you also! You can use both a check and a coupon when buying a canister.
3. Buy as much as you can when the price is AMAZING! CVS ran an awesome deal a few weeks ago, that when stacked with coupons and checks made the canisters under $9 each. I bought as many as I could. Look for the sales. Target runs sales every so often as do most stores. I make sure we have stocked up so that I dont have to ever pay full price.
4. I have heard the generic is much cheaper. This is the only option I dont try. Susie does well on gentalease enfamil, so thats what we stick to. I do mix in some regular every so often but I dont risk other brands.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search