Soy formula switch

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
BeccaMenk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So i tried to breastfeed but ended up pumping and supplementing with formula. We started with similac advance rtf and that day he was spitting up tons and got a rash all over his upper body. I figured it was an allergy so i switchedc to alimentum. He did well on it and nurse said just keep him on it. At one point we tried similac sensitive but he basically spit it up and got rashy. He is 3 months now and alimentum is expensive! We tried the powder version and he wad miserable so we use rtf. Well this week we thought we would give soy isomil a try. I jave been mixing abit with the alimentum and pumped milk. He seems fine with it but im so worried he will get constipated on soy.He is more fussy then usual but that could be from my breastmilk ( dairy i eat)
Grrrr...i am going to stop pumping soon and we cant afford full time alimentum really. We dont qualify for wic. Anyone transitioned from alimentum to soy? Anyone have experience with soy? I know you are supposed to ask the doc but we are in between docs. I hate the guessing game of formula! Lol...any thoughts are appreciated
August 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM
jacks_mommy's Avatar Veteran
My daughter went from EBF to exclusive enfamil soy. She was constipated for the first week, then her bowels figured it out and she has been fine ever since. Still on the soy and she will be 3 months next week.

*Thank you AlexKatieAidenMommy for my awesome siggie*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search