Bottle feeding

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm currently 23 weeks 3 days pregnant with my little boy & I just wanted to query something.

When I go into hospital to have him as I think I'm quite sure I'm going to bottle feed do I need to take formula and bottles? Or do the hospital provide these?

Also how many bottles on average would everyone recommend?

Thanks
December 2nd, 2012, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
They provide the formula at the hospital- they give them the ready to feed bottles with disposable nipples.

I got six 4oz bottles to start. I pre filled them with 2oz (at first that's all she had each feeding) so they'd be ready each feeding. Also, another thing you can do is put the 2oz (or whatever amount the baby's eating) of water in the bottle & have a can of the powdered formula handy for room temp nighttime feedings.

I also have four 8oz bottles, but she's not even close to needing those yet.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

December 2nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Another piece of advice if you do end up choosing to formula feed, don't buy formula ahead of time... If he tolerates what they give at the hospital, you may want to stick with that brand... Additionally, usually they will give you some at the pedi's (sometimes even the OB's) office, so you may want to use that brand.

Also, make sure to visit the websites of the various brands- they will usually send you samples/coupons in the mail.

Good luck & congrats on your little man

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 24th, 2013, 06:54 PM
My hospital had mini bottles that held 2 oz. We used these almost all the time, my son still prefers these rubber nipples over the silicon nipples that most bottles now come with.
February 17th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Veteran
I wanted to answer your question but found out this was ages ago. Well, anyway I hope your little boy is well.
August 17th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Most hospitals push Enfamil or Similac, please choose Gerber Good Start. Gerber Good Start is the best for any newborn. Enfamil and Similac are heavy into GMO's, which is Genetically Modified Organisms... Not good. I too bottle feed my daughter - I give her Gerber Good start and she loves it! One time my daughter ran out of formula so I gave her a sample of the Enfamil I received for free... yea she hated it. Just beware some hospitals try to push breastfeeding, which to me was highly annoying due to the severe pain I was in because I was recovering from a C section.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search