PLEASE HELP! My 7 month old is not wanting to eat breast milk or formula

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Last Friday(11/11/16) I had to take my 7 month old baby girl to the emergency room. She hadn't had a wet diaper in 24 hours, would not eat or drink anything, and was crying for 2 hours straight (Which she does not do ever unless something is really wrong). We learned, while at the hospital that she has RSV,an ear infection, a sinus infection and was extremely dehydrated. She was given an IV for fluids as well as antibiotics. We were sent home with prescriptions for ibuprofen and sodium chloride nasal spray. The doctor informed me she may not want breast milk or formula for a little while because the taste of breast milk or formula while sick, most babies don't like. We were told to give her as much Pedialyte as she would drink, and to try in a few days, if she still is not wanting formula or breast milk, to mix the pedialyte in with her bottle. That was working on the 3rd day and 4th but then she just stopped again. I have, since she turned 6 months old, been giving her baby foods throughout the day, and she has always done both bottle and foods. I know breast milk and formula has the nutrients she needs in it for the first year, she eats fruits, veggies, meats,(baby food)and she loves soup when I make it! (Which I've been making alot of soup this past week) Now a week later she is still not wanting breast milk or formula. She had a follow up yesterday with her pediatrition and she had lost 1.5 lbs the Dr. said it wasn't to much of an issue at the moment because she has been so sick. It has now been a full week and she is feeling much better, back to her happy, smiley, cuddling, playful self, but still not wanting barely any breast milk or formula. I was wondering if anybody has any sugestions as to what I could possibly do? Maybe some insight from other mommies who have been through this or any insight from mommies that they think could work. My son was not like this when he was sick as a baby. He ate no matter what, so this is very new for me. I have to say, I am a little scared she won't have the nutrients she needs if I can not get her back on breast milk or formula. I have read so many different things, from try mixing some of her baby food into the bottle(which I did but she did not want this at all,she had a kind of turn her nose up to it look on her face lol), try a little whole milk mixed in the bottle, to maybe now that she has been introduced to foods that she just knows what she wants and that not being breast milk or formula. Anyways, thank you in advance for any and all replies, I am at a complete loss as what to do. Again thank you.

Last edited by ashleilauren; November 18th, 2016 at 01:46 PM.
November 18th, 2016, 02:20 PM
BlueMoon82's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You need to find her a new pediatrician ASAP.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search