Has anyone else's baby NOT been sick yet?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone else's baby not been sick at all yet, or been the frail sickly poor baby freiends, family, co-workers nurses, lactation consultants predicted? I have a cousin (well DF's cousin really) who thinks I am the WORST for not breastfeeding or even having the slightest desire to do so. Funny thing is her son has been sick twice so far, ear infection and a cold...but my daughter is healthy as a horse. I would never say it to her (DF's cousin) but I felt a slight victorious feeling like "SEE THERE!" All the grief she gave me and my baby is just fine.

However, DF has a nasty cold and I can't convince him to stay the heck away from the baby. Now I am worried that in a day or 2 she will start getting his cold. I keep telling him to back off but I keep catching him nuzzeling!

Then he had her lying on his chest...after he had been wearing Vicks Vapor rub all freaking day, I wa slike DUH fool get my infant off your medicine slathered chest!

Men!

This would really get me down if she gets his cold. I told him he was going to have to stay home with her if he got her sick!

September 20th, 2006, 08:31 AM
faith72's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to faith72
my bottle fed baby is as healthy as a horse!
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center"> </div>
September 20th, 2006, 08:35 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Paige has some health problems but they are not from bottle feeding. She was born with Hypothyroidism and kept losing weight.
She has had very few colds which is pretty surprising since she is in daycare. Also...when my older daughter got strep throat she didn't catch it even though my older daughter is close to her a lot of the time.

September 20th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
Our baby is bottlefed and is healthy. We thought he had an ear infection (maybe he was teething and his ear hurt) anyways, we had the DR call in some antibiotics and after the recommended dosage he was fine. Other than that, nothing.

September 20th, 2006, 05:14 PM
tiggers_best_buddy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my son has problems but it is not due to being formula feed he has severe reflux that was not caught for a while and all the throwing up cause ear infections, and he had RSV but even his dr said that if would have been breastfed he would have still had the same problems
September 20th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Dono92000
So far so good with Donovan! He had the sniffles for about a week once, but I think it was actually allergies cause mommy had it too and it never progressed from just a nose thing. Other than that he really hasn't been sick.
September 21st, 2006, 07:57 AM
** Mandy **
Ally has gotten some colds but I would expect that in her first year of daycare. No ear infections or anything that required medical attention.

September 21st, 2006, 08:38 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aylie's been sick once, but we knew she would be when we went to visit and stay with my SIL and her 3 kids, all of who had colds. Ah well!
September 21st, 2006, 01:14 PM
tricksy22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carson has been bottle feed since he was born and has not been sick once....knock on wood!!!

Carson 3/24/06
September 21st, 2006, 01:19 PM
3girlz4me's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
carlee has not been sick ( but we just found out today she has a UTI )

she is full bottlefed baby ( ok well sippy cup formula baby LOL)

and my other dd was never sick except for her asthma when she was a baby and she was formula fed too.

and she was healther then my cousin who breastfed all 3 of her kids adn each one has been sick at least every other month !!! i know cause i watched them LOL
September 21st, 2006, 04:23 PM
noiefa's Avatar Super Mommy
I breastfed my baby the first 6 months, and he still got sick!!! So don't worry.

September 23rd, 2006, 03:21 PM
Super Mommy
I breastfed for about 6 weeks and Madeline got a urinary tract infect at 26 days

She hasn't had one problem on formula since then

September 23rd, 2006, 07:08 PM
Tanya G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cohen was breastfed till 2.5 months and has been bottlefed ever since. He had a cold around 4 or 5 months old an a cold recently. I am sure he would have had these colds bottle or breastfed... he simply came into contact with something. I think the whole breastfeeding protects thing is more about whatever colds mommy has. If mommy has had the cold and she is breastfeeding the baby will get the anti bodies, if not the baby may get the cold, but either way, its good for the baby because in the end they will get the anti-bodies. I hate it when Cohen gets sick but I am not a mother to overly sanitize either... germs help build the immune system is how I see things.

Thank you Rawisner for the Siggy!

September 28th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
dylan is as healthy as can be ..

September 30th, 2006, 03:19 PM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaven hasn't gotten sick yet..(knock on wood)...I breastfed for 2.5 months. Now I use total formula, and he is healthy.

October 4th, 2006, 11:20 AM
irishxrose
Joshua has had the sniffles a few times but it is directly connected with his teething. Other than that, he's had one teeny tiny cold that lasted for only three hours. So yeah, I'd say he rarely gets sick. And my fiance who was also FF is as healthy as a horse and rarely gets sick as well. I'm really hoping Joshua got his immune system.
October 8th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Jenners
Formula fed since day one.. never been sick at all.
October 9th, 2006, 11:16 AM
geminigal81
Andrew has also been FF since day one. Not one day of being ill at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search