Anyone using Lactose Free??

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2006, 02:00 PM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
Hi! We just switched from Similac Advance with Iron to Similac Lactose Free per our pediatrician's recommendation. Logan just turned 5 weeks and the past few nights he has been screaming inconsolably and clenching up real tight like he is in pain. He is not constipated, he has 1-2 regular BM's a day. It is really weird because up until a few nights ago he has been a dream, barely any fussing at all, now all of a sudden it seems like all he does is cry or fuss. Is anyone using a Lactose Free formula? If so, has it helped your baby?? If this doesn't work we are going to on Good Start. We used that with my DD and she never had any issues with it. Only reason we are using Similac is because that is what WIC covers. Although the WIC office told me if I get a doctor's prescription, they will cover Goodstart.

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

September 21st, 2006, 04:19 PM
noiefa's Avatar Super Mommy
My son uses it, and it worked really well for him.

September 22nd, 2006, 04:07 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anna was on that, and I'm currently switching her to Similac Advance! I don't think she was actually lactose intolerant, and so far, so ill-effects during the switch.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
September 22nd, 2006, 09:12 AM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
Quote:
Anna was on that, and I'm currently switching her to Similac Advance! I don't think she was actually lactose intolerant, and so far, so ill-effects during the switch.[/b]
I wonder the same thing about Logan! I figured it was worth a try though and since her pediatrician recommended it, we'll test it out and see. I don't care either way, I just hope it helps! Which I can honestly say that last night and so far today he has been amazing! He even fell asleep on his OWN in his carseat, and that has NEVER happened before!! Fingers crossed!!!!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

September 22nd, 2006, 09:22 AM
My son is 7 months old and has been on Enfamil Lactofree Lipil since about 5 weeks. We began with breastfeeding but his jaundice was just too bad and he needed to be supplemented with formula and once he had the bottle he wouldn't take the boob. We started with enfamil lipil with iron and he basically cried all the time, extremely gassy and would ball himself up and scream. Our pedi recommended the lactose free and immediately I saw a different baby. He is just fine and has very little gas and no tummy pains at all. I love it...
September 22nd, 2006, 11:28 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
It sounds like maybe his tummy is hurting...could be from the switch. It usually takes about 2 weeks for them to adjust to a new formula. So, I would try the lactose free for 2 weeks adn if it isn't working then try something else.
Let us know how it goes.

September 25th, 2006, 08:35 PM
babydollz_676's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydollz_676
i used enfamil lactofree with my son and it was a life saver.without it i don't know what i would have done.i will be using it with this baby too.all of my kids had a problem with lactose.my oldest was on prosobee but we found it was so hard to switch her to milk when the time came.my son who was on the lactofree did great with the switch,i think because the lactofree is still milk based .my oldest daughter still doesn't drink her milk.my middle one used good start and it never filled her.she ate like a breast fed baby would and ended up on cereal at a very young age.
dd~1
September 27th, 2006, 08:23 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
my son is on enfamil prosobee with iron. my son is lactose in tolerant. but he didn't fuss. anytime after he ate, he would just have the whole bottle back up. but it as helped out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search