Please help!

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I finally went out for our anniversary tonight (about 3 months late!). My dad insisted we go and he said he would watch Kayla. So, off we went and when we got home I only saw one dirty bottle (the one she was currently drinking from). I didn't say anything to my dad before we left (I assumed he knew) but I'm not sure he stuck to the throw-the-formula-out-after-an-hour rule. I just spaced out mentioning it. After I saw only one bottle, I told him tha ti had forgotten to tell him about that and he didn't say anything. He kind of gave me that look that teenagers give their parents when they don't want to admit to something. His girlfriend was sitting there too and she said she didn't think they had exceeded the hour rule, but it was good to know. We left around 5:30 and she was just starting a bottle. We came home at about 10:00 and she was drinking another one. Sometime between they told me she had some more. I do think there was one other bottle missing from the cabinet, so unless she ate at either 6:30ish or 9:00ish, they had old formula in the bottle.

So my question, what could happen if it is longer than an hour? I mean, I'm sure a little over that wouldn't be a big deal, but what about 2 or 3 hours? She is fine now of course, but I'm nervous about what could happen. I've heard that it's because bacteria can build up. Would it jus tmake her a litle sick or is it potentially really dangerous? This sounds like a stupid question, I'm sure, but I'm in new mom panic mode right now.

September 30th, 2006, 02:11 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
DH accidentally gave Eric some formula that was that old ... and nothing happened. I would say she might get a little sick. but as long as it was only once and no one makes a habit of it, she'll be fine.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 30th, 2006, 07:22 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aylie's had "old" formula many a times and is fine. It just happened once and I'm sure she'll be alright.
September 30th, 2006, 08:31 AM
noiefa's Avatar Super Mommy
She will be fine, with my oldest DS I use to do it all the time (not on purpose, because I really didn't know any better).

September 30th, 2006, 03:16 PM
ERICKA77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think she'll be alright. If it was gonna make her sick, then I think she would have already been by now..

September 30th, 2006, 03:58 PM
sweet7696's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I accidentally gave Mia a bottle one morning that was from the previous night!! She had a tummy ache later, but otherwise she was fine..... I felt bad, but she lived. I'm sure your baby will be just fine!
Jess

October 3rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I accidentally gave Anna an old bottle once, and she just had spit up afterward, which she doesn't usually have. She had a tummy ache which made me feel guilty, but not much else besides that.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
October 7th, 2006, 06:34 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I'm pretty sure we have all done it once or twice on accident. It most likely won't cause a problem unless you do it all the time.

October 14th, 2006, 12:13 AM
cyutegurl
Quote:
I accidentally gave Anna an old bottle once, and she just had spit up afterward, which she doesn't usually have. She had a tummy ache which made me feel guilty, but not much else besides that.[/b]
YOUR DAUGHTER IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!
SORRY I JUST HAD TO SAY THAT LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search