Very confused

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2006, 06:08 AM
marlyn19's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to marlyn19
Hi!
My name is Mary Lynn and I am so glad I found this board! I have a 7 week old dd. I am bottle feeding and having a hard time. I breastfed for the first 3 weeks then switched to formula. She started on good start but was having alot of trouble. She was constantly crying, her arms would swing uncontrollably when eating, she would even let go of the nipple every few seconds screaming. I brought her to the peds and he told me to switch to soy. So I put her on Isomil. She was doing fine with it for a while, but now she is constipated and I know this is caused by the soy formula. What do you guys think I should do? I was thinking about trying a lactose-free formula.....maybe the constipation wouldn't be so bad. I tried to call the peds office but they can't get me in right away and I can't stand to see dd in such a state!

Also, with her symptoms, like the crying and the arm swinging.....do you guys thinks switching to soy was a good choice or should I have just tried a different formula maybe? This is all soooooooo confusing!

[/url]/www.tickercentral.com/view/6xlo/2.png[/img][/url]

October 24th, 2006, 06:33 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I don't know anything about the lactose free formula...hopefully someone else will be able to help you with that.
We tried Good Start with dd#2 and she was really cranky and cried all the time. She didn't swing her arms around though.
It is best to speak to the dr before switching the formula. Will the office give you advice over the phone? My dr's office will usually take a message and have the dr call me back...for most offices it would probably be the nurse calling back.

October 24th, 2006, 08:29 AM
soontobemommyto3
talk to your ped first but you can add karo syrup or mineral oil to her bottle once a day and that will help with the poops. i had my son on lactose free formula for 4 months when he was a baby. he had colic. can't say if it helped or not. sadie projectile vomited enfamil formula at 3 weeks so i pumped for her for another 2 months. she is now on good start and doing great.

i would keep her on soy if her only problem is constipation and ask the doc about putting something in her bottle. my 1st had mineral oil in hers until she was eating fiber foods.
October 24th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son was like this and we tried LActose free and it didn't help. We also tried Isomil but ended up on Enfamil Prosobee with no problems. Maybe give the Prosobee a try and/or add a little Karo to the bottles.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search