Nipple help needed

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2006, 04:04 PM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
The peds office had me switch Cameron to Enfamil AR to see if the thickened formula would help if he does have reflux issues. The jury is still out as to whether or not that is his problem. Anyway, I'm having a dickens of a time getting it through my Avent nipples. It definitely will not go through the #1's and so I got some #2's and it won't go through them either! I had to make a small slit in a couple nipples with a knife....the only problem with that is, I have to keep checking to make sure he's not getting too much too fast.

Any suggestions for which nipples work with rice starch enhanced formula?

I actually went back to the regular Enfamil Lipil I was using tonite because I got tired of dealing with the nipple issue with the AR....it also keeps getting gummed up and I have to get it de-gummed from the nipple hole every so often. I think it was frustrating the heck out of the baby.

I'm thinking I'm going to try the Gentlease formula instead which says its for gas and fussy babies, even though its soy based. I'm pretty sure he does not have problems with milk-based because he does not vomit, but I'm just trying to figure out which one will satisfy him while at the same time help with his increasing fussiness.
November 3rd, 2006, 06:42 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I've never used the Enfamil A.R. or Gentelese so I am no help. Have you tried asking this over on the reflux board? They may be of more help.
Keep us updated though!

November 3rd, 2006, 08:41 AM
Regular
I used Gerber fast flow and Mam bottles with stage 2 nipples when my son was little and then switched to Playtex Disposable fast flow (Natural Latch) when he was 5 months. They worked great and was the perfect flow for my son. When my daughter was on AR she used Avent and she used the stage 2 & 3's. My son could not use those bottles though. He would either choke or get frustrated. Good luck and I hope you find something that works!

P.S. My kids were on the RTF Enfamil AR in stead of the powder if that helps any
DD- Brianna Adrienne 5/27/04
DS- Dylan Tyler 3/2/2006
Angel babies- 6/01 & 10/01

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZrAntk/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search