Bottle Propping

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2006, 03:40 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Do you prop the bottle up so your baby can feed his or her self?

I don't do this. I usually use feeding her as an excuse to take a break! Oh sorry can't do laundry...feeding the baby. Can't clean the bathroom....feeding the baby! lol
I usually will find something on TV when I am feeding her since this is usually my only chance to watch TV.

November 7th, 2006, 05:30 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
the only time we'll prop the bottle for noah, is if we are driving... especially if it's only a 20 minute ride to the mall.... i can't very well drive and feed
but we usually try and avoid this by feeding pre-trip

November 7th, 2006, 05:32 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always feed him myself, or someone else. Like you said, good excuse to get out of housework and watch TV or something.
November 7th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
the only time we'll prop the bottle for noah, is if we are driving... especially if it's only a 20 minute ride to the mall.... i can't very well drive and feed
but we usually try and avoid this by feeding pre-trip[/b]
right. DF did it a few times and I let him have it, he promised not to do it anymore unless absolutely necessary-which had better be absolutely rare

I just don't like doing it because it feels weird and impersonal. JMO though

November 7th, 2006, 08:09 AM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope I've never done it.
November 7th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I just don't like doing it because it feels weird and impersonal. JMO though[/b]

DITTO

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
November 7th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
IMO that is called LAZY PARENTING. If they CANNOT hold the bottle on their own and feed themselves then a PARENT (or someone) should be holding it. A blanket is not a parent!!!!.

THIS IS SOLELY MY OPINION!!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me share

November 7th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Actually, I got out of the shower the other day, and DF had a bottle propped while he was making dinner - I came unglued on his #####. His theory was that his mom did it, so it must be ok. I'm like yea, but she worked 3 jobs AND took care of you all! Needless to say, there will be no bottle propping, at least while I'm home!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
November 7th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Regular
I normally dont prop a bottle but I will just for a second if I cant get someone else to hold it to get my 2 year old out of something she shouldnt be in or something that is a dangerous situation but then I go right back to feeding. Also I have done it a couple times in the car if I cant get him to stop crying and then I normally pull over and finish and burp him.

Forgot to add that I agree also that its a great way to actually get to sit down for a minute
DD- Brianna Adrienne 5/27/04
DS- Dylan Tyler 3/2/2006
Angel babies- 6/01 & 10/01

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZrAntk/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
November 7th, 2006, 10:45 AM
soontobemommyto3
Quote:
but we usually try and avoid this by feeding pre-trip[/b]

I have done this Feeding while driving - not proping - I actually held the bottle behind my back for her while driving. I don't recommend it and I did it because she was SCREAMING. She only took 1/2 oz and fell asleep til we got home. I am actually quite good at reaching around and finding her binky for her while driving too. Again not something I recommend. I usually do it at a stop light.

Nope, nada, never on the bottle proping. She'd never go for it anyway. She's a cuddler. Speaking of which little one has woken up and needs another feeding!
November 8th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
I've propped the bottle with Cameron in my lap while feeding him, just so I could take a swig of my own drink or change the channel real quick. I don't know how I'd prop it without being right there....he moves his head around too dang much while feeding.
November 8th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Mia&Mattea'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope never have propped the bottle my DD has no interest in her bottle and its hard enough for me to get her to eat. I don't she she would go for her bottle being propped.

Kourtney Mom to Mia 1-7-06
& Mattea 1-20-08
November 9th, 2006, 05:22 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I've "quickie" propped before, mainly when I had a cold and had to feed him and blow my nose at the same time, I'd tuck a blanket under, blow my nose real fast, then take the bottle back. It was either that or leak all over him, and I SO didn't want him getting sick. I don't prop when I'm not holding him or for any length of time though... I just like the time with him, and he moves his head around so much it wouldn't work anyway.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
November 9th, 2006, 07:14 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I've also done the quick prop to take a drink or change the chanel on the TV, blow my nose, help Alexis with something, etc.
I just wouldn't do it to feed her an entire bottle that way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search