Generic vs Name Brand

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2006, 12:03 PM
TwoSweetGirls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Ladies,

I am a new mama, and I BF my daughter and also formula feed her. Kaya currently eats the regular similac, but I was wondering if the generic brand would be equally ok? Perhaps Parent's Choice? My daughter only goes #2 like every 4 days, and I part wonder if the similac is doing this to her? The DR says her bowel movements are ok like this though? Does anyone use the organic Similac, that is something else I am considering.

TIA!
November 7th, 2006, 06:06 PM
sweet7696's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use Parents Choice and it works well for us. It really depends on what works with your baby's system. Good luck!!!
Jess

November 7th, 2006, 07:41 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
According to our pediatrician all the formulas are pretty much the same as far as nutrition goes. So if the cheaper generics work for your baby I say go for it and save some money!!!

November 8th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
I've read that a BM every few days for a breastfed baby (or formula fed baby) can be very normal. I know my friend was BFing her twins and one of them only went every few days. As long as she isn't acting constipated and in pain because of it, she is probably fine Cameron is FF but he goes about twice a day now (was a lot more frequently but his system is regulating itself now I guess).
November 9th, 2006, 08:51 AM
LuvCaleb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvCaleb
our ped. said that the ingredients were the exact same, when we started on enfamil we switched over to parents choice bc it was SO much cheaper and you get a bigger can.

now that we are on NAN they don't make a generic brand

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search