What do you do with old bottles?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What are you doing with the bottles/nipples your baby no longer uses (the "baby" 4oz bottles I call them). I have sooooooo many and they are taking up space that I really need for the larger bottles.

Will you keep them for future use? Is this even safe?
November 26th, 2006, 07:43 AM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
I think it's safe to store them away as long as they are clean and sterilized. I gave all my Ventaires to my friend, she's having her second baby in February, but she wasn't planning on getting p/g and got rid of all her stuff She bf's though, so the bottles probably won't be used for a while.
November 26th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmm, I think I'll stick them all in the sterilizer then before putting them away, even though they should be clean from the dishwasher. I have so many this will end up being an all day task! Ack!!
November 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Mommy2jnd's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2jnd
I too clean and sterilize them and then either kept them or gave them away. I have a bunch of Avent 4 oz bottles right now I need to get rid of.

November 26th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
I'm still using the 4 oz'ers...I thought Cameron would be up to the next size at 6 weeks, but no go. He's still only doing 3-4 oz per feeding. I think when he finally does move up to the next bottles, I'll probably sell the 4 oz'ers and rings and lids on craigslist.com for a few bucks (and the warmer) or just give them away on freecycle.org. The nipples will get thrown away of course....those are supposed to be replaced every month anyway and I don't think anyone would want used nipples.
November 27th, 2006, 05:52 AM
Mia&Mattea'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We used so many bottles when she was first born we couldn't find one that she liked. The ones that she only used once or twice I saved packed them away clean. The Dr.Browns that she uses I'm just going to throw away when shes done their beat.

Kourtney Mom to Mia 1-7-06
& Mattea 1-20-08
November 27th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
I just throw them away. I only save the bottle and ring.

November 28th, 2006, 08:11 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
After having so many that were only used for a short time with my older dd I didn't get any this time around. I only bought 6oz and up. Since my dd drinks 6oz at a feeding these are still working great.

December 1st, 2006, 02:44 PM
babydahl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use drop ins, so the 4oz bottles that we're not using anymore are just stored away until baby #2 needs them.
December 1st, 2006, 03:08 PM
mommytothree
with my other kids I saved them because I knew I was having more babies. This time though I am giving them to good will. I called the crisis nursery in our area but they didn't need them - they needed $$$.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search