What forumla do I use????

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2006, 10:14 AM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started off giving Nicole enfamil lipil with iron it seemed like she had a hard time with it and hadnt pooped in three days. My cousin said that she was acting just like her son did and gave me a little enfamil prosobee soy based formula. She went to the bathroom after that but she still has a little trouble. She doesnt go that often and most of the time its like a ball and she seems to be having a lot of gas. I got her gas drops but those dont seem to work. Im wondering if I should try good start but Im afraid to change it again because I know that also stops her up. Or she might also just have a harder time digesting because when she was born it took her forever to pass that one plug thing. And even after that she didnt go that much until I started breastfeeding of course. But she had to have help the very first time and it took several tries. Does anyone have any ideas?

December 5th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Tacey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacey
I use the regular Good Start with Iron in the purple and white can and I have NEVER had a problem with it. Are you giving your baby soy cause she can't drink the regular kind?

December 5th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Well Im not sure if she cant drink the other stuff. She just seemed like she was having a hard time because she was constipated and she still has trouble going to the bathroom and Im not sure if its the soy (I wouldnt think so because isnt it less harsh) or if she just has trouble. I brought it up to her doctor but she didnt say anything about changing it. But I was wondering if I should change it to good start because its easier to digest right?

December 5th, 2006, 10:58 AM
mommytothree
sadie couldn't do enfamil, she projectile vomited it. she is on good start supreme and has bad constipation. I am going to ask her ped about it today at her 4 mos appt. I give her pear juice 2x a day to help with it but she still has it.

so I'm no help.
December 5th, 2006, 06:32 PM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
I would give your Pedi a call before changing her formula again. It's not good for their systems to switch abruptly. I would mention that she is constipated and let her know you want to change and see if she can reccomend a brand. My DD gets Enfamil Lipil and always has, so I can't reccomend another brand. Good luck!
December 5th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Super Mommy
Liam has been on GoodStart with Iron and I switched him to the transition GoodStart when he turned 6 months. He has been having a hard time with constipation and hard stools since he started eating solids. I just went to the doctor today and she told me that any kind of formula and even cow's milk can be constipating. She told me to put Lactulose in his bottle once a day to soften his stool and to give him benefiber once a day to make sure he gets enough fiber in his diet. I am not sure how old your baby is but i would check with your doctor about doing something like that just to get your baby regular. Hope that helps a little.
December 9th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Josh took her to the doctors the other day and she said that good start is okay to put her on. She said after seven weeks on prosobee and she is still having trouble that I should definately change.

December 10th, 2006, 09:30 PM
She has been on goodstart for a day now and I can already tell the difference. She doesnt even seem constipated from the switch. She went number two and it was big and messy lol. I never thought I would be happy about that Plus she seems to be farting a lot more so its moving through her system faster.

December 12th, 2006, 01:19 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
She has been on goodstart for a day now and I can already tell the difference. She doesnt even seem constipated from the switch. She went number two and it was big and messy lol. I never thought I would be happy about that Plus she seems to be farting a lot more so its moving through her system faster.[/b]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search