Sleeping less than before?

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Blake was on BM for a month and he would always sleep 4-5 hours in between feedings. I just stopped BFing due to a host of things and he is now on Similac Advance. Last night, he woke up about every 3 hours. I though formula babies slept longer than BFed babies?

Also, what is the poop supposed to look like? I'm used to BM poop which is yellow and seedy. This morning (he's been on formula since yesterday morning) his poop was large, brown, and with yellow seeds (all per DH - he was the lucky one to get that diaper!) I just want to make sure I will know if there is anything wrong that would cause a need for a change in formula.
December 26th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Kath113's Avatar Pogo Addict
Well, as far as the waking up, maybe it was due to gas....FF babies tend to be more gassy....so he might not have actually been hungry (a binky could have soothed him back to sleep maybe...give it a try).

As far as poops....its really too soon to tell. Its takes a few days for their system to adjust to the change, so I wouldn't judge the diapers just yet...give it a week or so
December 26th, 2006, 11:14 AM
mommytothree
my babies always woke a lot ff or bm. they do not leep longer on formula in my experience. i agree gas might cause some wake ups, my kids never liked similac. but it could be completely unrelated to feeding too.

poops are thicker but not formed or hard on formula. sadie's are green, but she is on good start and that is common because the protien is whey not casin.
December 27th, 2006, 05:01 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
Well, as far as the waking up, maybe it was due to gas....FF babies tend to be more gassy....so he might not have actually been hungry (a binky could have soothed him back to sleep maybe...give it a try).

As far as poops....its really too soon to tell. Its takes a few days for their system to adjust to the change, so I wouldn't judge the diapers just yet...give it a week or so [/b]
ditto on the poops. It is definitely possible it is due to gas...it takes 2 weeks to adjust to a switch to formula. Another thought is that maybe he is going through a growth spurt and wanting to eat more and it is just a coincidence that you happened to switch to formula about the same time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search