Frustrated with bottle nipples

Forum: Formula Feeding

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Formula Feeding LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I used to use Dr. Brown's bottles - LOVED THEM, but yeah, they have lots of parts and I wanted to switch to something more simple. So I went back to Gerber bottles.

I use the latex nipples. They were great for awhile but now they all seem to be collapsing and not releasing bubbles like they used to. So I have started throwing the collapsing nipples away and just keeping the ones that work well. Anyone else experience this?
I also use some Evenflo bottles and find their nipples (latex) do much better, but they are hard to find here. I like the slow flow as the new medium flow (with 2 holes) are way too fast for my little guy.

Seeing that the nipples are very inexpensive I guess no big deal to replace them often. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has the same problem.........
former foster mama to baby boy D and baby girl L
January 21st, 2007, 06:48 AM
Mia&Mattea'sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When DD used Gerber latex nipples I had the same problem. After about 3 weeks I would start noticing them getting worn out. I thought the same as you they were really cheap so I was just replacing them all the time. DD only used the Gerber bottles for about 2 months then we found out she had reflux and have to give cereal in the bottle. The Gerber bottles didn't work with the cereal so we switched to Dr. Browns.

Kourtney Mom to Mia 1-7-06
& Mattea 1-20-08
January 21st, 2007, 01:38 PM
mommytothree
we used gerber bottles and nipples for about 5 mos. I didn't notice them wearing out quickly but I did notice that they would start to collapse. I just switched to Playtex drop ins. So much easier to clean.
January 21st, 2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks ladies for the replies. I guess it's a universal problem then! I tried drop ins which I LOVED but my little guy cannot handle a wide nipple at all. He can't latch on properly and takes in too much air.

For the time being I'm just going to stick with them and replace as needed.
former foster mama to baby boy D and baby girl L
January 21st, 2007, 07:17 PM
PayTay's Avatar Veteran
I know that latex nip's do wear out quicker. I haven't experienced that yet.
I'm sure it will happen this week now .
January 21st, 2007, 10:39 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm, it's odd that you posted this b/c I was noticing that my Gerber nipples have changed texture. They are kinda slimy like.... none of my others have done this. Like you I prefer the Evenflo but they are hard to find in my area also.

January 22nd, 2007, 11:03 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I have had the same problem with the gerber latex nipples. It is just lately too. I thought maybe Paige was biting them or something since she has teeth now but I guess it just must be the nipples. We had a bunch that I got shortly after she was born and they lasted awhile...I just recently replaced them and it seems like they are already wearing out!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search