Tiffany's Pregnancy Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
January 25, 2009

Today has been a bit of a blur. No matter how prepared (or not prepared) you are time seems to stand still when those two pink lines appear. That one little test is the gateway to an amazing journey that will forever change one’s life. I am filled with caution, excitement, hope, and so many other things. Most importantly, happiness is emanating from every pore in my body. Is it true? Is there really a life beginning to grow inside of me? A million thoughts are running through my mind, some of which are already getting ahead of me. There are so many things I would love to do differently and I have the chance to really reach for those goals now that I know so much more this time around. Before I wander off too far down a road that hasn’t even been built yet, I’d like to start at the beginning. Right now it feels like I need to be in the moment. We are blessed. I don’t know where this path will take me, but no matter what happens, good or bad, I will grow and change in a positive way.
It seems almost symbolic that the day I found out I was pregnant we received the first snowfall of the year. A light dusting of white has just begun to sculpt the earth and it is just beautiful. I am glad that it is Sunday, so I can be home with my family to enjoy this day. Part of me is still expecting my period to show and I eagerly await the day that this all sinks in and feels more real. At this point, however, it is all so surreal as if I were lost in a daydream. I took my first pregnancy photos today, to mark the beginning of a temporary tradition I hope to carry out. Since I am approximately four weeks today I will try my hardest to remember to take a new pregnancy photo at eight weeks, and every four weeks after that until the day I am to deliver. Having that time line will allow me to look back on how my body has changed and how the baby becoming within has changed me.

Stats:
Pre-Pregnancy Weight: 117 lbs
My Estimated Due Date: October 4, 2009
Weeks/Days Pregnant: 4 Weeks 0 Days

Photos:

Pregnancy Tests -
First Response Early Result Test #1 (11 DPO - January 22, 2009)

First Response Early Result Test #2 (13 DPO - January 24, 2009)

Belly Pics -

January 27th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Monday - January 26, 2009

I wish I could escape the ever pressing worry that fogs my mind. I don’t want to wait it out and see if everything is going to be alright, but I have to have patience. If only I could jump ahead just to hear a little heartbeat and find peace that this little pumpkin is just fine. I know that whatever happens, even if I do miscarry, life will be alright… I just really want this baby and can’t help but feel scared of the unknown. Fear is something I do well, despite how pointless it is. I took another pregnancy test today just so I could be encouraged by the darkening second line. Instead of using a First Response test in the morning I tried my first ever dollar test midday. Even though this was a minor comfort I’ve been very discouraged by pelvic heaviness and what I think to be ligament pain. I even had a short spurt of very light cramping that made my anxiety go through the roof. Perhaps my concerns aren’t over loosing my unborn baby, but instead because I still have this dark cloud of disbelief hanging over my head. I feel like I’m going to start my period soon and every time I feel a little damp I run to the bathroom just to check. I feel so silly. Why can’t I just relax and enjoy those beautiful positive tests that I still keep on the computer desk next to me. *laughs*
Today I went with Ashley (My pregnant friend who just entered into her 27th week) to her appointment with the midwives at Puget Sound Midwives & Birth Center. I had been encouraging her to find a place that allowed things such as water birth for some time, in hopes that if she were to have any luck I could someday go there as well. Also I know her desire for a natural childbirth and it makes such a huge difference when you are surrounded by midwives or doulas. Thankfully she found this place recently in Kirkland which is maybe 20-30 minutes away. After switching over and finding she really loves it there, I’ve had high hopes for attending someday too. Although it is small, I found this birth center to be very homey, warm, inviting, and encouraging. Everyone is more than kind and helpful. Even though we were there for Ashley, her midwife Valerie was curious to learn more about me and my interests with them. She even asked me questions so she could give me an expected due date, which she put at October 3rd. Then she wrote me up a conformation letter on my pregnancy with that EDD, without even having me pee in a cup. This was surprising and comforting; already I know this pregnancy is going to go very differently than my first.

Stats:
Weight: 118 lbs
Weeks/Days Pregnant: 4 Weeks 1 Day
Symptoms: Mostly Fatigue and Frequent Urination

Photos:

Dollar Store Test: 15 DPO - January 26, 2009 (Taken Midday instead of with the first morning urine like the previous tests)

January 27th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Tuesday - January 27, 2009

I find it nice keeping busy, and it seems today I've had quite a bit of energy. Despite some unsettling news, I feel very positive and together. Ashley, Chris, and little Nicholas stayed with us another night so this gave me the opportunity to socialize and accomplish some things. We spent the majority of the day cooking, cleaning, and running after children but the house looks nice, my family including our husbands are well fed, and we even were able to get out of the house. Just because we never have the chance to visit them at work, we thought it would be nice to bring them their lunch today. To say the least they were very happy to see us, and to have a nice hot meal for lunch on a cold day. It is always nice to see our toddlers playing together, and our next babies will be even closer in age.
Just as Hubby returned from work I discovered some transactions in our bank account that I couldn't account for. Three separate withdraws from some PAYBYPHONE of $20 a piece came out in the last couple days... we don't know what it is from. Having to talk to my bank and now wait patiently until tomorrow to find out the information to contact these people can be very unsettling. However, you are only capable of so much and thus far I've done all I can. I am not going to worry. Then the bad news dropped like a bomb on our already uncomfortable financial distress... Bobby's work is forced to lay people off. On Friday we will find out if he even has a job anymore. Oddly enough I'm not freaking out. I know that whatever happens is out of my control, I just have to have faith. It's hard to imagine us both being unemployed and expecting a second child but worrying won't do me any good. I'm just going to have to put all I can into finding a job, something I had been planning on doing already. A little reminder keeps going off in my head, a small voice whispering for me to Trust God.

Stats:
Weight: 120 lbs (Evening, fully clothed, right after eating)
Weeks/Days Pregnant: 4 Weeks 2 Days
Symptoms: Mostly Fatigue and Frequent Urination, some dizziness when standing

January 28th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Wednesday - January 28, 2009

The last few day had been so busy I couldn’t help but feel somewhat restless today with nothing on the agenda. It seems motivation and ambition sort of floated out the window… I dislike days like this. I started thinking about all the things I want to accomplish and yet I’ve made no new steps to achieve my goals. This is what happened last time and I know I’m stronger than this. Not only am I responsible for the well being of the child growing inside of me but I am also responsible for myself as well. Last time I did not own up to this and although I am truly blessed with a beautiful, very intelligent, well rounded daughter… my body suffered greatly. It’s taken me this long to have that yearning back and feel healthy enough to give my all to being pregnant again. I will not let myself justify every poor choice. So I’ve decided I need to start next week with a positive routine and stick by it. This will also help with Rayne, I know she needs more consistency sometimes. I really want to work harder on her potty training now that she’s two years old. I usually have a fantastic diet but lately I’ve let myself indulge, and although this can be ok in moderation Its not something I can continue doing daily. I know there is no certainty on what I can expect, like when morning sickness will strike, but I want to do what I can when I can and make the best choices possible. I just have to have a positive attitude, confidence in myself, and most importantly faith in God. Even though this day has been uneventful and I’ve felt a bit out of whack (It’s not a full moon is it? Lol) I’ve been looking forward to the one thing on my agenda for today… LOST. I am certainly not the television watching type, but this show I love. Sometimes it’s the simplest things in life that bring a smile I guess.

Stats:

Weight - 120 lbs (morning, fully clothed, after breakfast)
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 4 Weeks 3 Days
Symptoms - Fatigue and Frequent Urination, some dizziness when standing, bloating

January 30th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Thursday - January 29, 2009

Emotions sort of filled the gaps of today and I realized Iíve gone from moody & irritable to just plain sensitive. However despite all that and really feeling like the day was a flop, it occurred to me later that the day actually went fairly well. It is such a relief to have the laundry all done and our entire space cleaned. I even rearranged the furniture to make more room. Rayne was a handful but she is two after all. Pregnancy is starting to sink in, Iím now almost five weeks along and Iím not bleeding or anything. That pelvic floor pressure has faded and I think Iím beginning to develop more symptoms. As my insecurities fade my excitement grows. This is actually happeningÖ a baby is growing inside of me. Iím in awe! Itís as if my worries have left me as well, itís as If I have that ďIf I can do this I can do anythingĒ mentality. Despite concerns over Bobby not having a job, I feel amazingly calm. Tomorrow weíll be possibly finding out if heíll need to get unemployment or not, but I know either way weíre going to be just fine. I feel so thankful to have such supportive friends and family, I know that makes a huge difference.

Stats:

Weeks/Days Pregnant - 4 Weeks 4 Days
Symptoms - Fatigue and Frequent Urination, some dizziness when standing, bloating, short bit of almost unrecognizable cramps, abdominal twinges, faint nausea, lightly sensitive breasts

January 31st, 2009, 07:53 AM
Friday - January 30, 2009

Alyssa came and spent the day with me while I baby sat Ivy, the daughter of my friends Sabrina & Carl. I look forward to our time together (Alyssa and I); sometimes I think we are twin souls destined to be the best of friends. As we got to talking Iím starting to wonder if she might be pregnant as well! She and I would both be ecstatic, and at the same time neither of us would be all that surprised. Everything tends to happen to us all at once; we even think the same thoughts and do the same things without being aware of the other. For now thatís still up in the air though and she doesnít want to test until Wednesday. Her periods have been irregular anyhow so itís hard to say, but she does appear to feel different.
Bobby brought me dark chocolate and flowers today; he can be so sweet and surprising sometimes! Those little gestures make all the difference and it feels so good to be genuinely loved. He also picked up Chinese food for dinner because we havenít bought any thing like that in a while due to our tight budget. As delicious as it was, I wasnít feeling so hot afterward. Suddenly I was reminded of the first time I got sick with my previous pregnancy. It looked like I was throwing up fountains of sweet and sour sauce, and I wouldnít go near Chinese for even months after Rayne was born. Perhaps it was that reminder that made me tense when I starting eating it to begin with. I didnít get sick this time around, just felt a little nauseous and had a bit of diarrhea. Once I walked around a bit, drank some cold water, cooled down, etc I started to feel a bit better.
Ivy didnít get picked up until a little after nine and by then I was beyond exhausted. However it was good to earn a little extra cash, which I could certainly use to finally get my name changed and renew my driverís license. It expires in March anyway, and Iíve been married sense September 1, 2007. Iím not sure how Bobby feels about it but Iíve finally decided that I want to hyphenate. Both our last names are short so it works.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 4 Weeks 5 Days
Weight - 119 lbs (Morning, fully clothed, after Breakfast)
Water Intake - 7 1/2 Cups
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, some dizziness when standing, bloating, short bit of almost unrecognizable cramps, abdominal twinges, faint nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, constipation/diarrhea, emotional, sensitivity to smell

February 1st, 2009, 07:12 AM
Saturday - January 31, 2009

I feel so loved today. Friends have been showing up and calling me all day and it is nice to have the company. Ashley and I were suppose to work on business taxes today but as it turned out it is a bit more complicated than expected so weíre going to have to go someplace like H&R Block. Still she, her husband Chris, and their son Nicholas spent some time hanging out with us until they had to go home and prepare for her fatherís arrival. Alyssa and Jennifer also showed up and despite not feeling so great today it was nice to socialize. I canít help but get really excited about the fact that Alyssa could be pregnant as well. She is my dearest friend and I love her so much! The fact that sheís dating my brother makes that all the more intense. She is my sister at heart and my twin in spirit. We talked a bit more today and she thinks deep down that she is pregnant, and she has pretty strong instincts. Bobby, Rayne, Alyssa, Jennifer, Jenís friend Grant, and I all took a walk down to the park today. The fresh air felt wonderful, even though the air was crisp and the only way to stay warm was to keep moving. Being outside often makes me feel better.
When I lay my hands on my lower abdomen, I try to send positive energy and think about the many changes that are already happening within my body. I am amazed by the entire process. Iíve been looking at a website called The Endowment for Human Development - http://www.ehd.org/index.php. You can literally see what is changing in your unborn baby no matter how far along you are. The fear of loosing this little life can be frightening, but Iím going to let go and trust God. It was about this time when I began to miscarry with my first pregnancy, so the thought is there. I know that if this is to happen, there isn't anything I can or could have done but it is still frightening. So I'm taking each day one at a time and just loving the fact that I am pregnant. Most everyone I know has been told and it appears many are excited for me, others are just in shock *laughs* Many have asked what I am hoping to have, boy or girl, and this has been on my mind as well. I know that I want a boy, because I already have a girl. Of course I will be ecstatic either way, I will love a baby girl just as much as I will love a baby boy. So I'm not sure if it's really instinct or desire dominating this fact, but I have a feeling that I'm pregnant with a boy. I was right with Rayne, but it is still early.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 4 Weeks 6 Days
Water Intake - at least 8 cups
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, some dizziness when standing, bloating, short bit of almost unrecognizable cramps, abdominal twinges, faint nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, constipation/diarrhea, gassy, emotional, sensitivity to smell

February 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM
Snowpeas
That would be great if you could be pregnant with Alyssa!
February 2nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
Sunday - February 1, 2009

I had the chance to chat with Alyssa very early this morning, and disappointingly her period started in the middle of the night. However, due to some of the irregularity of it, we're thinking possible miscarriage... but I guess we'll never know for sure. Not only was she later than she's ever really been, but she had no signs of a period starting. In fact she was having opposite signs. Then she started at full force with quite a bit of pain, something that is out of the norm for her. Despite how bummed we are, both of us seem to have the same mentality... it just isn't her time right now. Things happen for a reason, and often the best thing you can do is go with the flow of life. Her optimistic attitude about my pregnancy has been such a blessing, and it feels good to have a friend here by my side who knows me so well helping me along the way. She understands and shares my natural attitude and outlooks.
Bobby, Rayne, and I took a drive up to Arlington today to visit my mother in law Joy. She seems so excited that we're pregnant again! I hadn't visited her since we moved back down to Lynnwood and the last time I actually saw her was on Rayne's birthday. It felt good to get out of the house and have a change of environment. Seeing how I'm not really much of a sports fan the Superbowl wasn't going to be the focus of my day. Rayne had so much fun that when it came time to go home she didn't want to leave, so instead we let her spend the night with Grandma. I miss her terribly already *laughs* and it is so weird not having her here with us. Hubby and I had a relaxing evening a home together just enjoying eachother's company We did some scrapbooking together in memory of his sister Melissa who died at 18 in a tragic car accident. She was only six days older than me, and unfortunately I never had the chance to meet her. Also we played some scrabble and watched a movie.
As of today my pregnancy ticker has changed for the first time. I can't believe how rapidly he or she is changing, and I can officially call him or her an embryo! Bobby and I were talking today and he's convinced I'm going to have another girl. He wants a son (however he is very happy either way) but he thinks we're gonna end up with all girls I think. I personally think we're having a boy, and I keep accidentally calling this little pumpkin a he. Only time will tell! His or her heart starts beating this week, and I think as soon as we're able to actually hear it is when I'll start exploring names. For now I'm just enjoying being pregnant and hoping for the best, but I'll feel a lot better when I know everything is fine with the baby.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 5 Weeks 0 Days
Weight - 119 lbs
Water Intake - about 8 Cups, maybe a little less
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, some dizziness when standing, bloating, some almost unrecognizable cramps, abdominal twinges, faint nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, constipation/diarrhea, gassy, emotional, sensitivity to smell, slight leg cramps, indigestion

Pictures:

February 3rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Monday - February 2, 2009

This was the first time in a long while where Rayne has stayed with her Grandma Joy, and because I'm a stay at home mother my day is usually centered around her. The peace and quiet seemed almost unnerving, I didn't know what to do with myself - lol. I'm happy that she did well over there and I think the change of environment is good for her. My morning went perfectly, I brushed my teeth, did all my online stuff, had some water, exercised (50 minute Prenatal Yoga), ate, took my vitamins, and relaxed while listening to some soft music. I felt productive and grounded in myself, but as the day progressed I began to become a bit restless, and missed her terribly. I ended up just relaxing and doing nothing really, things I don't usually do but enjoy on a rare occasion (like playing Sims 2). I didn't really feel like doing much anyhow because I think I reached the peak of my digestive discomfort. I've felt incredibly gassy, bloated, and constipated today... so I've been quite uncomfortable to say the least.
Bobby picked her up after work and got home about 4:30pm. We quickly got ready and took a walk together since the day was still nice. We loose sunlight rather quickly this time of year, by 5:30 it's dark. Rayne was sleepy and had only napped few minutes in the car so we just had her lay in the stroller instead of walk like she usually does. Getting out and moving around felt good after siting most of the day. It's a pregnancy goal of mine to walk regularly, as it can be so beneficial in so many ways. My mother asked me today if my clothes still fit and at first I thought she was Joking. My reply was "I'm only five weeks". She explained that she showed really quickly with her second pregnancy and since I'm so tiny I'd probably see a difference soon. I'm going to miss fitting into my size five jeans *laughs* but I know I have the willpower to get back into shape after the baby has arrived. I'm going to enjoy being very pregnant too though, I can't wait to have a huge round belly. Right now that seem so far away but I know that time will pass quickly.
As evening hits my symptoms seem to escalate and just as I was thinking about lying down despite it being only 7 pm, I get a message from Alyssa. I ended up giving her a call and talking for a bit, and as it turns out that sudden period of hers (that we thought could possibly be a miscarriage) had pretty much ended... and it's only day two. I had warned her that because of how irregular her cycle was being that it can be possible to have bleeding that's very short and still be pregnant, and to watch it. Low and behold two days later it's gone all together. Neither of us know for sure what's going on, but I urged her to test just to be on the safe side, and she agreed. I'm hoping she'll talk with Evin and test tomorrow morning, just to see if there is still a remote possibility that she could be pregnant.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 5 Weeks 1 Days
Weight - 119 lbs
Water Intake - at least 8 cups
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, some dizziness when standing, severe bloating, abdominal twinges, faint nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, constipation, gassy, emotional, sensitivity to smell, slight leg cramps, indigestion

February 4th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Tuesday - February 3, 2009

When I woke up this morning I thought I had a productive day ahead of me. Everything started out right, did my yoga, took my vitamins, drank lots of water, and ate a decent breakfast. I had plans to go out with Alyssa today so we could prepare ahead of time for the double birthday event we've been planning for Wednesday in celebration of Bobby and Evin. Bobby turned 25 today and Evin will be 22 on Thursday, so it worked out to celebrate both my Brother's and Hubby's birthday together. I called Alyssa early since I know she gets up about the same time I do but no answer. As the day progressed and several phone calls later she was no where to be found I started to worry. I left my Gmail account up on the computer in case she was on and wanted to message me, but hours passed and not even a word. Rayne (being the two year old that she is) started to become very demanding because my attention was else where, I was spending way too much time checking the computer and making phone calls and she was getting upset with me. She was so bored she started asking for Grandma... my heart broke. I couldn't feel worse at this point, and I started to loose it. I hate the emotional moody waves that come with the hormones surging through my body. Finally I got fed up and angry, my day was ruined. I went upstairs with Rayne, made food, watched one of her favorite cartoons, chased her around the living room, and snuggled on the couch. Eventually I went downstairs (at about 2:30 in the afternoon) and what would you know, Alyssa and messaged me via gmail. Unfortunately it only upset me more, her excuse for not contacting me seemed to be a poor one and she didn't even appear to be that sorry.
Rayne had the sniffles today, and I worry she might be coming down with something. That might explain her odd clingy behavior, because all day today I've been feeling so smothered and incapable of doing anything for myself. She doesn't want to sleep in her bed, only on me. She doesn't want anyone's attention, except of mine, she won't eat anything (she is very picky) even if she asks for it and she changes her mind every couple minutes. She's fine if I sit and look at her as she jumps around, but If I sit down to check http://www.justmommies.com for example she screams at me and tells me over and over again to get up! I have never seen her act like this before! I feel like I"m loosing my mind, I just want to scream. Today is not a good day.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 5 Weeks 2 Days
Water Intake - 6 or 7 cups
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, some dizziness when standing, bloating, abdominal twinges, light temporary cramps, faint nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, constipation and diarrhea, gassy, emotional, sensitivity to smell

February 5th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Wednesday - February 4, 2009

Today just flew by with all the stuff I needed to accomplish. Throwing a double birthday event is time consuming to say the least, but so much fun. I spent the beginning of the day entertaining Rayne and having her "help" me clean, she loves to do whatever I am doing. I had to get the downstairs situated so we could make it a romantic setting for dinner. Just as I was starting to vacuum Alyssa showed up and the real work began. Right away we took a walk to the store, which felt so great to be moving around outside. I hadn't exercised for the first time this week and missed it. Even though Rayne prefers to walk along side of us I chose to take the stroller for the distance and the fact that we needed to carry groceries back. Once we got back and started preparing my mom showed up and kept Rayne occupied, and soon after Bobby got home for work. We sent Evin and Hubby out to see the new Underworld movie and got to work. We made Apple Pie Crisp, Garlic Bread, and Pizza from scratch! We also served grapes and Apple pomegranate Cider. Candles were lit everywhere and we made it as fancy as we could, it turned out perfect! When they got back they were very impressed, they even said our pizza was better than any pizza you can get anywhere... which we took to be quite the compliment. I have to admit, it did turn out delicious! However I did get my first food aversion that took me completely by surprise. We had made two pizzas, one for Alyssa and I which was completely vegan and one that was fort he boys which had a ton of meat and real cheese on it. Well I took one bite of our wonderfully veggie and soy cheese pizza and thought I was going to be sick. The taste and smell of Soy Cheese did not settle well, and I couldn't eat anymore. Oddly enough I decided I wanted to try some of the other pizza, and I usually don't eat a lot of meat... especially red meat. I am not a fan of peperoni or sausage and yet their pizza tasted Fantastic!!
After Dinner everyone joined together upstairs for pie and presents. Alyssa and I didn't pick up candles because we usually have quite the selection that has been saved from previous birthdays. Well when it came to finding the number candles we found all but the number five. Since this was a joined birthday celebration we got creative and fun instead. We added their ages together and ended up placing 47 on the pie for them both to blow out at the same time *laughs*. It was amusing to say the least I got Rayne down for bed and then the four of us watched the new episode of Lost. By the time it was over I was more than tired, but so grateful for such an eventful and fun day.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 5 Weeks 3 Days
Water Intake - not enough
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, heavy bloating, faint nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, emotional

February 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Thursday - February 5, 2009

Exhaustion has taken over my body, and it doesn't matter how much or how little sleep I end up getting. I kept wanting to lay down, take a nap, or snuggle up on the couch. Rayne had other plans of course, and thank goodness otherwise my day would have been completely pointless. Sometimes when I'm cold and sleepy I like to sit over the heater with a blanket and relax, Rayne will come join me and we'll sit and read. Thankfully despite her recent cold she was in a good mood. I wonder how long this fatigue is going to go on for, or when other symptoms will begin to control my day. Once Bobby got home the three of us took a walk to the park, and I certainly needed the exercise and fresh air after having not accomplished anything. I always enjoy that close family time, it reminds me of how blessed I am. We had a nice dinner and I went to bed earlier, hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 5 Weeks 4 Days
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, bloating, faint nausea, lightly sensitive breasts

February 7th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Friday - February 6, 2009

The very first real wave of spontaneous nausea overcame me today, but thankfully I didn't get sick. It seemed so random, but I think for now I can control it. When I woke up this morning and quickly finished what I needed to do on JM, I was too hungry to wait till later to eat breakfast. So instead of doing my yoga and then eating, I felt it best that I consume something right away and exercise later. I've read that its wise to wait three hours until after eating to work-out so I did just that. My goal was 11:30, but Hubby called (like always ) on his lunch break so I ended up not being able to until noon. I was about half way through the routines when Rayne started to say she was hungry. I paused my DVD (its now 12:30) and made her some lunch, but suddenly a feeling of being nauseous washed over me. I really thought I was going to get sick but then it started to lessen, and I changed my mind about continuing my work out. Instead I made some tuna with mayo, garlic & onion salt, some relish, lemon juice, and Parmesan and ate it with Ritz crackers. After sitting down and eating some I felt better so I guess I'll have to be more diligent about eating small meals frequently.. and from now on I'll do my Prenatal Yoga first thing in the morning lol.
We got some unsettling news today, but nothing related to the baby. Bobby got laid off, but it wasn't completely unexpected. He is so new there they really didn't have a choice. They were sad to loose him, he's been a fantastic worker, and told him he'd be one of the first they call back when things pick up again. I'm proud at how mature hubby took the news... shook his hand and thanked him for the opportunity. However, now we both don't have a job and another little one on the way. I'm trying my hardest to put all hope and faith in God right now that everything will work out. "Ask and you shall receive" ... I know he has a plan for my life and that things happen for a reason. I'm so grateful of my parents right now for allowing us to live with them and to have their support. Hopefully my renewed massage license will be here soon so I can find work. If Bobby can find a secure job in the near future we'll be on our feet in no time. It's rough times for the economy, but if it hits rock bottom the only way to go is up. We will recover in time, so for now we need to have patience

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 5 Weeks 5 Days
Weight - 121 lbs
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, bloating, nausea, lightly sensitive breasts

February 8th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Saturday - February 7, 2009

Been feeling somewhat icky all day to day and I can't tell if it's due to pregnancy or my anxiety disorder. I have had a bit of nervousness as a result of having to take care of taxes but for the most part doing alright. Some of my constipation issues came back today unfortunately, but seemed to clear up for the most part later in the day. I can't believe tomorrow will be six weeks, It still feels surreal that I'm actually pregnant. I'm really looking forward to the consultation at the birth center on Wednesday and hopefully I can make my first real appointment for soon after that. I haven't decided yet if I want to request an early ultrasound, but I guess since it probably wouldn't be necessary than I should avoid it. I'm concerned now that Bobby isn't working about affording all the doctor appointments, since his insurance probably gives out at the end of the month. I'll probably be forced to get on State health care, which I feel bad about doing. With our situation I see no alternative, so it'll have to be a temporary situation in the least. I should probably take care of that as soon as possible.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 5 Weeks 6 Days
Water Intake - a fair amount but need to be better at getting to 8 cups daily
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, bloating, nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, Constipation/Diarrhea

February 9th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Sunday - February 8, 2009

Now that I'm six weeks I think being pregnant is really starting to kick in, I don't know why but it feels more official. Period was due to come exactly two weeks ago and symptoms are starting to pick up. Today was very much a baby kind of day. Every other Sunday I baby sit Genvieve, a 10 month old little girl and on top of that I took in Nicholas because Ashely's husband wouldn't take him. Rayne loves the company and we were able to take them to the park and such. The day seemed to pass by slow though, probably 'cause I wasn't feeling too great. It didn't help much that I've been up since 5:30 in the morning. Fatigue is one thing, but then add in stomach discomfort, constipation/gas, and a bad headache that won't seem to even go away with medicine and it makes for a pretty rotten evening. You can only imagine my relief to have the children picked up and my own daughter asleep in her bed. A good nights rest, some water, a snack, and hubby's comfort is the best cure!

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 6 Weeks 0 Days
Weight - 120 lbs
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, bloating, nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, Constipation/Gas, Headache

Pictures:

Relaxed Side View with Shirt down

Side View (flexing)

Side View Relaxed (able to see the bloat)

Front View

February 10th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Monday - February 9, 2009

Morning sickness has slowly begun to tip toe it's way into my already sensitive digestive system. I spent the first half of my day in bed because I had nausea that would come and go, that combined with my lack of sleep recently has made me feel unmotivated and uncomfortable. I decided since Bobby was going to be home now, what better chance to take a personal day. I laid in bed and let my body rest and relax, and later enjoyed a nice hot bath. After I soaked in the tub with sea salts and lavender, I felt a lot better. Before I was so scatter brained and emotional, I was beginning to feel depressed about our current situation and let all that weight sink in. Thankfully after some good R&R my spirits were higher and I was able to gain back some of my lost confidence and optimism. I think a lot of it may have to do with my not feeling well, I don't handle being sick all that great ever. I have such a big fear about throwing up, and I don't know why. Thankfully I haven't gotten sick yet, but I know it's bound to happen. I keep telling myself that it's normal and that with a little luck it'll bring relief. Maybe this is part of my struggle, I knew before I got pregnant the issues I have with anxiety and digestive trouble. Seeing how it's been getting so much better though, I have high hopes that this pregnancy will go a lot smoother than my last. I'm prepared to do whatever I can to have a healthy baby, but also to be healthy in myself as well.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 6 Weeks 1 Days
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, bloating, nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, Constipation/Gas, Headache

February 10th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Tuesday - February 10, 2009

I find that I'm still battling with the same morning sickness type symptoms that I had yesterday, and I'm hoping I quickly learn to adjust. I do not like feeling nauseous that's for sure, and perhaps once I see a midwife tomorrow I'll be able to gain some tips on how to face it better. I feel like things have been so dramatic lately, and I'm not sure if it's hormonal or just household stress and adjusting to changes in our life right now. I notice that I've had a large appetite in the mornings where I'll eat quite a bit more frequently than I'm used to, but by evening it goes in the opposite direction. Dinner is more like an evening snack that ends up leaving me bloated and uncomfortable, but I also tend to feel more uneasy in the later part of the day. I drink water when I can I'm trying to eat well but lately that's been difficult. I've heard however that it's most important to eat well in the third trimester, still I think I'm going to make more of an effort to keep up with exercising and eating well. If I start well, it'll make healthy habits easier to grow.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 6 Weeks 2 Days

February 16th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Sunday - February 15, 2009

I haven't updated in almost a week but not a whole lot has changed these past few days. Some worry struck me on Saturday when I noticed I was having some brown discharge/spotting. Although light it was somewhat stringy and seemed to be more than the previous day. After calling the doctor I was able to put my mind at ease a little, and thankfully it never turned into pink/red spotting and there hasn't been any pain associated with it. For three days that went on for, but thankfully it has let up a lot and I barely noticed it today. Still, it can be hard not to have concern when things seem to happen out of the ordinary. On Wednesday I had my consultation at the Birth Center, and we're definitely sure that's where we want to go. I love the relaxing atmosphere and the fact that it has such a homey and comforting feel to it. I know this is the right choice to get the birth experience I want, and I'm very excited about it! Rayne loved the place too, when it came time to leave she refused *laughs*.
Last night I stayed with Alyssa so we could have a full day together today, since we've never really been able to do that. Because of the spotting and an increase in symptoms I wasn't feeling too good yesterday so Hubby and I never really got the chance to celebrate Valentines Day, but he was supportive of me wanting to have some quality girl time. I had the hardest time sleeping I missed him and Rayne so much. Then I woke up in the middle of the night with itchy pain on my ring finger. Turns out that whatever they did when cleaning my wedding ring, Is now having a strong reaction to my skin. It puffed up and hurt like nothing else so I can't wear it until I find out the cause. Not so happy about that. All of today went wonderful though. Alyssa and I watched movies, took a walk around her apartment complex, painted, shared some chocolate, did Reiki and massage, did about 50 minutes of Yoga, and also looked at baby names. So far I've come up with a few that I love but most of them are going to take quite a bit of convincing with Hubby - lol. I really like Aiden for a boy (as does Bobby) but it is becoming so popular I don't know if I want to go with it. My second choice in a boy is Malachi, and I also like Edan. For girls I have a lot more choice wise, and it seems easier to choose for a baby girl than it is for a boy. I really like Autumn (which is good 'cause I think Bobby will like that too), Akasha, Inara, Eden, Gaia, and Maya. There is still lots of time to decide though, for now its fun to play around with names.
When Bobby picked me up at Alyssa's and brought me home it was about 5:30 pm, and to my surprise he had prepared a beautiful Valentines Day feast (since we were unable to celebrate it yesterday). He had set up a low coffee table and draped it with a white cloth. Fancy glasses and everything. We sat on pillows in a dim room lit by candles, and he had made Salmon, baby red potatoes, and Asparagus. It was delicious! Then he brought me roses and Godiva chocolate, now I feel absolutely spoiled Unfortunately evenings have been the hardest time for me, and as the day progressed nausea set in. He was sweet and picked me up a few things from the store (been craving English muffins with butter and jam) when my appetite came back. I relaxed in bed with a good movie and he took care of me hehe. Thankfully no throwing up yet still, and I dread the day that my nausea gets to be that bad. For now Its fairly easy to control, but I have noticed an increase in symptoms.

Stats:
Weeks/Days Pregnant - 7 Weeks 0 Days
Weight - 121 lbs
Water Intake - I really need to work on this. Before getting pregnant I drank tons of water throughout the day, and even though now when I get thirsty I only drink water I'm not drinking as much as I did before. For some reason I don't feel that thirsty anymore *shrugs*
Symptoms - Fatigue, Frequent Urination, bloating, nausea, lightly sensitive breasts, Constipation/Diarrhea/gas, emotional, tingling/numbness in my fingers & toes, Acne, abdominal twinges, light brown discharge/spotting

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search