Gina's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2009, 03:50 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
6 weeks, 5 days!!!! Tomorrow is the big day - first ultrasound!!!!!!! I am so excited, but soooo nervous! I'm just hoping they can see the heartbeat and my bean's the size he/she should be! I am so nervous!!! I wish it was 11:30 tomorrow afternoon already! I will update as soon as I get back...hopefully good new - with pictures!

Well, not much has been happening lately - pretty much the same as usual - VERY tired, and no real nausea. Maybe a tiny bit, but it really only lasts for a very short time and then it's gone.

Oh, the one new thing - HOLY NIGHT SWEATS!!! I woke up a bunch of times the other night sweating to death! My shirt was soaked and my sheets were wet - when I kicked the blankets off I started to shiver - I guess because I was wet and my room was a bit cold. It's happened a few times in the past few weeks, but none as bad as the other night. I looked it up and from what I can find, it's pretty normal during pregnancy, especially early pregnancy, because your hormones are going nuts. OK - that's a good symptom, right? I may not be able to puke, but I sure can sweat myself silly! LOL Even during the day I always feel pretty warm. My sister jokes, saying that I'm supposed to because right now I'm just an incubator. LOL

The hubster is sick right now - bad cold - so I am trying to stay away from him. There is no way I want to get sick right now!

Well, I will update tomorrow after my appointment - Fingers crossed!!

PS ...Rachelmarie621 - I'd take it from you if I could...at least for a little while! lol
Sogie...CONGRATULATIONS!!! & Welcome! Let me know if you need any help!!
February 24th, 2009, 08:16 PM
OK, so I know I should be sleeping, but I am just too nervous. I am really worrying myself about the u/s tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I am REALLY excited, but it's all going back to my lack of any pregnancy symptons. I am just so scared that something is going to be wrong. I feel like I should be nauseous, or have some type of food/smell aversions..something. And I am tired, but not as tired as I was last week. I just want to go to sleep and have it be tomorrow and be there already looking at the screen and see exactly what should be there.

I'm tired and babbling. I just pray my bean is doing great. I guess I can't do anything but wait..... I hate waiting.
February 25th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Sogie
I know it is hard but just try and think positive Gina. I am sure that everything will be alright with your u/s today. I have to go to the ob/gyn today too but just for my first prenatal exam. I hope that it is all good news. God Bless.
February 25th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I LOVE ultrasound machines!! LOL Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em! LOL I saw my bean and bean't little heartbeat......

Yay!!! I was so ridiculously nervous this morning, but after seeing bean and bean's heartbeat, and talking with the doctor about my "lack" of symptoms, I feel MUCH better! I go back in two weeks for another ultrasound!

The hubster was with me (but not when they first started the u/s). They didn't want to bring him in "unless they saw something" - which freaked me out - but anyway.... As soon as he started the u/s you could see it and when he moved in closer and pointed out bean's heartbeating, I couldn't even speak! He said "OK, there's the heartbeat, do you see it?" And all I could wimper out was "Uh-huh". I couldn't speak or I would have cried. Then the hubster came in and the doc said the same thing to him and the hubster's response was....(Looking at me) "Do YOU see it?" LOL It reminded me of the episode of Friends when Rachel & Ross went for the first ultrasound and Rachel pretended to see it, but really didn't. It made me want to laugh. I am so happy!!!

I also raised a bunch of concerns to the doc about not having symptoms and stuff and he said it is nothing to be concerned about. The important thing is there is a heartbeat. He said that once I return for my next u/s in two weeks, (I will be almost 9 weeks by then), as long as there is still a heartbeat, there is a 95% chance of everything progressing as normal. I also was telling him about everything I read about on the internet and his response was "If everything you read about on the internet that could go wrong during a pregnancy was normal, I would be out of business. It is not the norm." That made me feel alot better.

It's so real now! I can't believe it! I am so thrilled. And what makes it even better now is that I know the hubster feels like it truly is real now too. YAY FOR BEAN!!!!!
February 25th, 2009, 11:15 AM
No, I didn't cry while we were in there - I teared up, but I couldn't speak or it would have all come out. But as soon as we left the office and the door shut - the waterworks started! I just cried and cried and kept saying "I am so happy!" LOL
February 26th, 2009, 03:13 PM
7 weeks today!!! Not much to report today, I was feeling pretty good today, HOWEVER, I did get a little nauseous this morning at work after I finished breakfast. It was not really that bad, no way bad enough to make me think I was going to puke, but it was definitely nausea. YAY!! I'm not going to say that I want to get real sick, but to me, it's a good sign.

All day today I kept thinking about my bean and how cool it was to see the heartbeat yesterday. There are no words to describe how it made me feel to see it for the first time. I am so excited and still nervous, of course, which I'm sure is completely normal. Who isn't nervous during pregnancy? Especially their first. I can't wait to go for my next u/s in two weeks!! I wish I could see my bean everyday, just take a peek to see what's going on everyday!

I'm beginning to really consider myself lucky that I'm not getting my butt kicked by morning sickness or anything, but OMG - the gas! LOL
February 28th, 2009, 07:20 PM
7 weeks 3 days today!!! I still feel pretty great and I'm done stressing about it! I am coming to the conclusion that it is doing me no good to flip out about NOT having any symptoms. Bean is there, bean's heart is beating, and I am SO over wanting to puke! (Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that NOW I will start getting sick? LOL)

Anyway, today was my oldest niece's Sweet 16. She is such a great girl. I definitely didn't want to steal her thunder today, but before I left her party, I did tell her mom (who is my SIL) and my brother, and her of course her. I showed her the ultrasound picture of bean and she was really excited. My youngest niece (who is five) was there when I was telling my older niece and she saw her holding the ultrasound picture and asked if that was a baby in the picture. When I told her yes, it is, she asked who's it was. I told her it was mine and that it was still a secret (since I hadn't told all of my brothers and sisters yet). She promised she wouldn't tell her dad (who is my other brother). Well, (this is how cute she is...I can't stand her) when she got home she ran over to her mom who was half sleeping on the couch and said that she had a secret and then went on to tell my SIL about the "secret". I thought that was so stinking cute! She said "Aunt Gina has a baby in her belly and a picture of it in her pocketbook. But don't tell daddy 'cause Aunt Gina didn't tell him yet"! How cute is she - OMG - I can't stand her! My SIL immediately called to tell me. I thought it was so funny! (this is also the same niece who, months ago, asked my SIL if I was coming to her house and when my SIL said yes, my niece asked her if I was bringing the twins. So, needless to say, my SIL thinks there may be another bean hiding in there somewhere. LOL - that would be WILD!)

So, as the count stands, besides my BFF and a few other various friends, my two brothers and their wives & kids know and my oldest sister and her family knows. The only one left to tell is my other sister. I'll email her bean's picture on Monday and let her know that way. LOL I was expecting everyone to be there today to tell everyone at once, but my sister's twins were sick, so she was not there and my nephew was sick, so my SIL was not there, and blah blah. It's really hard to get 5 brothers and sisters, all with husbands/wives & kids, all together at once!!

I'm still so happy!!! YAY!!!
March 5th, 2009, 04:38 PM
8 weeks today!!! (3/5/09) YAY!! I actually was a bit nauseous today! Still not horribly bad, but I was a little queasy on my way to work and a few times during work I had to sit and take some deep breaths! I'm still feeling a little queasy now - not nearly enough to need to puke, but definitely nauseous! I know, I am so weird wanting to be sick! LOL

I have NOT been eating well at all! I really need to start being careful and getting more veggies in!!!

Well, now all of my brothers and sisters know. I emailed Bean's picture to my other sister on Tuesday - so now it's official - everyone knows! Well, the hubster's family doesn't know yet - none of them live around here - they are all out of state. We will definitely wait until second trimester to tell them.

I am so super excited to see Bean again next week - Wednesday, March 11, I get my second ultrasound!!!! I still can't believe I'm pregnant! I was thinking the other day that we will have a baby in the house for Christmas this year. (Not to mention Halloween & Thanksgiving too!) That is so awesome!!

I am hoping we can sell our house and be in a new one before the baby comes, but if not, we will make due. We have plenty of room here - I just don't feel like doing renovations!!! But, we will if we have to - no biggie - I just want Bean to be here, healthy & happy! Nothing else truly matters!

Last edited by GinaS.; March 6th, 2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: I can't spell...lol
March 9th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Regular
I am happy that you have made it to 8 weeks. This is so exciting! I was thinking the same thing..it will be so great to have a little baby in the home for the holidays this year. It will make Thanksgiving and Christmas complete. My hubby keeps saying he can't wait until the baby gets here.

March 11th, 2009, 12:21 PM
8 weeks, 6 days today!!! YAY!! Today was Bean's second ultrasound. Everything measured great and Bean's heart rate was around 170 - so I am thrilled!!!

Bean was upside down, so I rotated the picture. This is all so extremely exciting! I still can't believe that I'm preggers!! I wonder when it will completely sink in.... LOL

Well, you know how I've been wishing and hoping to get sick? Careful what you wish for - it started happening this week. It was so bad the other night that I had to shut off all the lights and lay with my eyes closed - then mad dash up to the bathroom - but only dry heaved for a while. It usually hits in the afternoon and at night while I'm home - and it's not the most horrendous thing - so I'm not going to complain. At least I don't have it in the morning (fingers crossed that I won't) because I don't know how I would manage to get myself to work! 45 minutes in the car, nauseous, has GOT to suck! I give credit to the ladies who manage to do it!

Well, I go back in 4 weeks for a regular eval. I don't get another ultrasound until about 20 weeks, so hopefully then we will be able to tell if Bean is a Beaner or Beanette! LOL I honestly could care less either way, as long as Bean is healthy!

I have never been so happy in my life - but sometimes it just seems like a dream!
March 15th, 2009, 10:29 AM
9 weeks, 3 days.....OK, so "morning" sickness does suck - OK, there, I admitted it! However, I haven't gotten it nearly as bad as some of the other women I have heard from - so I thank God for that! Yesterday was not such a good day - made even worse since we had a formal affair to go to last night - but I made it. We went to the event with the hubsters friend and partner - along with his wife. So, to avoid having to tell them yet, I had the hubster get me a cranberry & 7Up from the bar before they got there. When they asked what I was drinking I said it was a vodka & cranberry - it worked - they didn't think a thing! LOL I still think the worse thing is the fatigue! I am always tired and it seems like I just can't sleep enough - not to mention the COMPLETELY WEIRD dreams I've been having - they don't even make any kind of sense!

MUST EAT BETTER!! Mickie D's is not cutting it as far as "nutritionally sound" choices. Going to the grocery today to stock up on lots of fruits and veggies!!!
March 18th, 2009, 03:32 PM
9 weeks, 6 days....trying not to flip out too much, but I had a little brown spotting. A little bit last night (only enough to see on my panties, but nothing when I wiped) and then a tiny bit again this afternoon at work. I'm trying not to think too much of it. I'm leaving it in God's hands. There is no red or pink, definitely NOT anything even remotely close to alot, just a little "smudge" and no cramps. I'm just going to take it easy, rest and drink lots of water. (I don't know why the water would make a difference, but I always hear everyone give that advice - lol) I hate that I don't get another ultrasound for another 10 weeks! That sux! Maybe at my next appointment in about two weeks, the doctor will do a doppler and let me hear Bean's heartbeat. That would make me feel better!
March 19th, 2009, 04:43 PM
10 weeks today!! And no more spotting! YAY!!! But I've been feeling headachy lately and a bit congested! BOOO! I also have a nasty taste in the back of my mouth going into my throat - kind of like the nasty taste you get when you are sick. I hope I am not getting sick and I hope it's not my allergies starting. I'm also a bit nauseous all the time, but not horribly bad, just enough to keep me a bit queasy.

But I'm at 10 weeks today!!!! YAY!!!
March 24th, 2009, 04:44 PM
10 weeks, 5 days....so let me backtrack a bit. The last time I posted I was 10 weeks and I was so happy because I hadn't had anymore brown spotting. BUT, while laying in bed that same night, (watching Grey's Anatomy) I felt a super strong urge to pee, so during a commercial I ran to the bathroom and when I wiped, there was A LOT of pink - NOT brown - but pink. And everytime I wiped (which was continuously for a few minutes) there was always pink. I was so scared. I started crying and told the hubster. I was just waiting for the cramps to start and then the bright red to come. I called the doctor the next morning and they got me in to "take a look". (I LOVE my doctor's office - they are right on top of things) FYI... for the rest of the night, since I couldn't sleep, I must have gone to the bathroom about 50 gazillion times, but there was no more real pink - maybe a slight tiny bit here and there, but nothing like before. Ok, so I go to the doctors the next day and they start my u/s...and I see Bean..but I don't see the flutter so I start to get REALLY nervous. But when the nurse moves the wand around a little I finally see it. WHAT A RELIEF!!! Then Bean decides that since there is an audience, a show is appropriate. So Bean kicks off of the bottom of the sack and shoots up to the top - until his/her little head hits the top - and then goes back down to the bottom - does a little dance, arms and legs moving around everywhere (I'm pretty sure it was the electric slide, but I'm not positive - LOL) The nurse was laughing saying "That is one active baby!" I was so relieved!!! Bean was A-OK! Turns out that apparently a blood vessel in my uterus must have ruptured (which she said was very common and not a big deal). She also showed me a very bright spot on the u/s picture which apparently was the rest of the blood which did not come out....YET. She said to expect to have more spotting for up to two weeks. She told me to stay in bed for the weekend and take it very easy. At first I thought - Woohoo! How relaxing! Then I realized that if I was ever put on full bed rest for any amount of time, I would lose my mind! I couldn't stand it!! But I did it - for the good of Bean, of course! Here's the ultrasound taken that day...gettin' big Bean!!

OK, so now I'm 10 weeks, 5 days, and I have not had anymore spotting. I'm almost afraid to say that, because last time I said it......well, we're not going to go there!

Sometimes it truly hits me that I am going to have a baby. That this time it's going to stick and it's really going to happen! Then I get a little nervous - soooo happy, but nervous. I have wanted this my whole life - to be a wife and a mother - and now it looks like it's really going to happen. I am so happy!!! If I can be half the mother my mom was, this is going to be one lucky Bean!

Last edited by GinaS.; March 28th, 2009 at 08:08 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search