Gina's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
11 weeks, 3 days....not much going on - DEFINITELY had no time to take it easy this weekend! We put the house back on the market - trying to get out by July - if not, we'll take it off the market and do the work that needs to be done and we will stay for about 5 years or so. We were so busy cleaning and having showings this weekend. I just really hope we can sell it and get into a house that doesn't need as much (if any) work. We were all gung-ho when we bought this house a few years ago- bit off a little more then we could chew! LOL. I just don't want to live in a construction zone with all the remodeling when Bean comes. Fingers crossed it sells fast!!

As far as Bean - no new news. As far as I'm concerned- no news is good news!! I've been getting light-headed nauseous lately - it stinks, but oh well - small price to pay. BUT - I have to say that these headaches SUCK!!! I seem to get them all the time. I try to drink tons of water, but that is definitely losing it's appeal - so bland - but I want to try to stay away from too much sugar.

I still can't believe I'm preggers!! YAY!! I Love Bean!!!
March 31st, 2009, 04:32 PM
11 weeks, 5 days....getting so close to 2nd trimester - SO EXCITED!!! This still feels unreal to me! However, the headaches are horribly real. I can't stand them anymore! I wish there was something I could do to make them stop, especially since they cause my nausea. And now I've been getting heartburn too. Fun!! Well, like I said before, it's all worth it....but it still sucks anyway!

I love Bean!
April 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
14 weeks, 5 days....Sorry, I've been MIA for a while. The headaches were killing me and the last thing I wanted to do was look at a computer screen after work - always made them worse. However, knock on wood - I haven't had a really bad one for a few days now. Well, I had another ultrasound about two weeks ago - everything is great!! I will post the pic when I'm on my other computer, I still have to download it to my photobucket. My stomach is fat - but I think that's more because of french fries than anything else! LOL I have gained 13 pounds already - I'm just a fatty. I guess that's one downside of never really having morning sickness - I would get everything down and NOTHING would ever come back up!! LOL

I promise not to be MIA anymore!!

UPDATE....ULTRASOUND PIC FROM 4/8/09 APPOINTMENT....BETTER LATE THEN NEVER.......

Last edited by GinaS.; May 11th, 2009 at 03:49 PM.
April 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Regular
Hi Gina! I am glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well. I am MIA here and there too so I know how that goes. When do you find out the sex or are you going to?

May 11th, 2009, 03:44 PM
17 weeks, 4 days..... I'm feeling pretty good! I had my most recent dr. appt. last Thursday - at exactly 17 weeks, and heard the heartbeat for the first time. It was great! I didn't cry like I thought I would, but it was still great. The hubster had to miss this appointment, but I told him what it sounded like...blub, blub, blub...lol

My next appointment is Wednesday, May 27, and then we will know if Bean is a boy or a girl!!! I am so excited for that!!!!

Still get a little bit of headaches once in a while, but nothing like they were.

I THINK and I re-iterate THINK that I may have felt Bean moving the other day - all day I kept getting little "pokes" (not sure if that's the best word to describe it, maybe more like a pushy type of twinge? LOL) In my mind it was Bean, so I'm pretty happy about that too!!!

Grow baby Bean grow!!!
May 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Since I have every intention of printing out this journal down the road so Bean will know exactly how my pregnancy was with him/her, I have to add this in...

For Mother's day 2009, the hubster sent me flowers at work on the Friday before Mother's Day with a card that said "Happy first Mother's day. Love Ben & Bean" I cried and when I showed it to one of my friends that I work with (TM) she cried too. It was really special and really helped make this seem so real that Bean is really on the way!

I have the best husband - he is very sweet and Bean and I are really lucky to have him. Every morning before we get up for work he rolls over to me and puts his hand on my belly - as if to say "Good morning Bean". I just love that!
May 27th, 2009, 10:00 AM
OK, so I am 20 weeks tomorrow! Half way there!!!

I got the big ultrasound today - I was so nervous this morning, I thought I was going to puke! So, we found out today that Bean is now Fantastica! LOL - baby girl!! I am so happy! I would have been happy either way, but I just had a feeling. I already bought some pink cutesy stuff on the way home - couldn't help it! LOL

The hubster is scared to death! LOL He's afraid of having girls (probably because he remembers what it's like to be a teenage boy!) But all joking aside, he is very happy too!!

Here she is......Yay! Go Team Pink!!!!!!!!!!!

May 29th, 2009, 11:57 AM
<>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>'s Avatar N.T.N.P.( I need a break)
Send a message via AIM to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<> Send a message via Yahoo to <>*NaYoMi_BaBy_Dreamer*<>
:dgina!!! I want to cry because i just got dowe writing in sogie's journal because she just found out she is having a boy and so is crystal...and i wrote in sogie's journal that i need to check yours because i bet gina is having the girl....and i was right:d i am quite shocked!!!& happy for you.

June 4th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Good call Naomi! Someone had to take a stand for team pink! LOL
June 8th, 2009, 04:31 PM
LOL, I hear ya Crystal! I'm pretty sure we will be broke, considering I already starting buying stuff! I can only imagine how much I have spent on my four neices over the years....you're right - it's hard since the clothes are so cute. The hubster is already so scared about the shopping issue when she gets old enough to actually care what she is wearing! LOL

As far as names, I think we're going with Isabella Riley. Being that we have the bland last name of Smith, I definitely wanted something Italian sounding (so don't ask me where Riley came from - neither of us are Irish - LOL)
June 18th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Regular
Congrats on you baby girl Gina. Girls are fun to shop for! I love the name for your baby. Isabella is pretty. I'm not on here that often lately due to being so busy but I just thought I'd pop in and say Hi!

June 18th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks Sogie!
No, Crystal, I don't have a due date buddy....

OK - since I am on, I might as well update....I am 23 weeks today. We are on vacation in S. Carolina - that's a whole 'nother story... anyway, I was sitting on the couch the other day and I could feel her dancing around in there and all of a sudden, I could see my stomach "bumping up". It was the coolest thing. I don't know if it was a foot or fist - but it definitely made my belly move. I was so cool. The hubster started watching for it too. We've been able to feel her for a little while now-maybe a week, but we've never seen her move. I was amazed and so excited!!!

On another note, I am rethinking the spelling of Isabella's middle name. I am thinking about going with Ryleigh, instead of Riley. Something a little different.....hmmmm
July 5th, 2009, 10:20 AM
25 weeks, 3 days..... I can't believe I'm so far already!!! Sometimes I still can't believe I'm pregnant! LOL

Well, I can feel her move everyday now - some days more then others. I just love the feeling. I was telling the hubster the other day how much I love being pregnant. I was saying that I want to be pregnant all the time - LOL. I could definitely see doing this a few more times. It's just so amazing that there's a little one inside, moving around - playing, kicking, blinking (which is just SO weird!). I can't wait for her to be here - I tell her everyday how excited I am that she's almost here - but for her to take her time - she still not done yet! LOL

Waiting on Bella's furniture to come in - should be soon, since we ordered it abougt a month ago....we still have to paint, but I've picked out the color. I think the hubster is starting to paint next weekend. I'm every excited about that. I crafted her name on wood letters with ribbons & paint - I think it came out so awesome! We're going to hang them over her crib. I can't wait to decorate!!! Oh, I also need to calm down with buying her clothes. Her walk in closet is almost a quarter of the way full and I haven't even had my shower yet! LOL - I can't help it, everything is so cute!!

Oh, we have taken the house off the market and have already had our contractor out to take the measurements for the kitchen to be gutted and redone. I am really excited about that, but scared it won't be done in time - I don't want Isabella to come home to a construction site! We are going next week to start ordering the cabinets & everything else!!! Yay!!! We are also starting a bunch of other projects too, like the roof, windows, blah, blah (that's boring stuff ) LOL

So many changes....it's all so exciting!!!!!!
September 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
OK, I am 38 weeks (tomorrow) and I am freaking out a bit. I have not updated in a while - been so busy - but, just to update real quick...Bella's room is done (and looks fantastic!!), my kitchen reno is happening - should be done by next week, with the exception of the countertop, but that's OK. I just want to make sure the messy dirty dusty stuff is done before she comes. The roof is done on the house and they are coming out for the rest of the outside of the house stuff at the end of the week. I don't care so much if that stuff is not done before she gets here.

OK, to the freaking out part, I just went for an ultrasound this morning since my doctor wanted a gestational weight on Bella. He said he wanted it because I am not of the "biggest stature" LOL, then he laughed and said I was short. Anyway, still with 2 weeks left, she is already 8lbs, 1oz - which SCARES the crap out of me! If she stays in for the next two weeks, she'll probably weigh over 9 pounds at birth!! That completely freaks me out!! I really don't want a c-section, so I'm wondering if my doctors will induce me before the two weeks. I'm hoping they will....BUT, whatever is best for Bella is what I truly want. She's awesome, I can feel her all the time - especially when she forces herself up under my ribs! LOL I can't wait until she's here! I am so ready to meet her! I love her so much already! It's so strange how much you can love someone that you haven't even met yet.

I think I have contractions once in a while, but I don't know if that's what it really is, since I'm not positive what a contraction feels like, but I know at night they sometimes wake me up and I am in a lot of pain, but they are extremely sparatic and eventually stop. Sleeping in general is a whole other story! It's basically impossible to get comfortable, so I'm constantly waking up (not to mention peeing all night long! LOL)

As of last week, I've gained almost 35 pounds. I didn't want to gain that much, but it's not horrible-my doctors were never concerned.

I can't believe this pregnancy is almost over. It seems to have flown by. I have to say that I like being pregnant - with the exception of the EXTREME swelling (my feet are ridiculous and my carpal tunnel is so bad I never take my wrist braces off). The only shoes that fit on my fat feet are flip flops, but the weather is turning cold really fast, so I will have to start wearing the WIDE WIDTH sneakers I bought last week. LOL, its so funny how big they are! They look like big old man sneakers! Not to mention the fact that my feet went from a size 7 1/2 to a 9! But whatever, it's so worth it.

Ben is so cute when it comes to Bella. He talks to her and always rubs my belly and says goodbye to her every morning before he leaves for work . Every night and morning he still lays in bed with me and puts his hands on my tummy to feel her move around. Then he puts his ear on my belly to try and hear her and says "Hello baby Bella, what are you doing?" I crack up because I think it is so cute. He's going to be wrapped around her finger! I think she likes "hide and seek" because no matter how active she is, she always stops when he puts his hands on my tummy, as if to say, "OK, try and find me daddy!" I just love it!

We decided to bank her cord blood with CBR. Just in case - you never know if you'll ever need it down the road and it's pretty amazing what they can use it for already! I can't imagine what they will be able to use it for years from now! Hopefully it will never be needed, but better to be safe then sorry.

I had my shower on Saturday, September 19. It was really great! It's times like these that I really miss my mom, but at least I have my sisters and great sisters in law.

I wonder if I run around and do jumping jacks if it will put me into labor...hmmmm..LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search