Gina's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quick update - on Friday, Oct. 1, I had my doctor's appointment and my cervix was still closed, but she was really worried about my blood pressure since it was high, so she told me to go home and get my bags and head to the hospital for monitoring. If my bp did not go down, she was going to induce me. Of course, I flip out on the way home, since the hubster was in court in Mt. Holly and I could not get in touch with him, but my doc did say that it was not emergent and I could wait a few hours for him if I needed to...so I did. Anyway, we got to the hospital at about 3:15 p.m. and was hooked up to monitors for the babies heart rate and any contractions and they took my bp every 15 minutes. Apparently I was having some contractions, but I wasn't really feeling them. Anyway, eventually, my bp was back to normal, Bella's heart rate was great and they released me.

It was weird because I kept saying that I didn't know if I wanted them to induce me or if I wanted to wait a little while longer and go home and wait for it to just happen....not that it mattered, since it was never up to me.

So, now it's Sunday, October 4, and I'm home...waiting...anxiously...
October 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thursday, Oct. 8... 7 days left.....just waiting. Last night the pain in my low back was so bad I couldn't sleep! It felt like my tail bone was being pulled out. This morning the hubster was pushing on it, which did make it feel much better.

Speaking of the hubster, he's the best. Though I've always known it since we got together, there is nothing he wouldn't do for me and I know he'll be the same way with Bella. He is so patient and easy going....I know I'm all hormonal and emotional right now, but I thank God for him everyday - he is my everything and he has changed my life for the better in so many ways. I'm sure he'd disagree, since, at times, I could be a little "demanding"...ok, maybe whiny and crazy and a complete b&tch, but EVEN THEN he still loves me! I couldn't imagine having a family with anyone besides him. Don't get me wrong - he has his quirks like anyone else in the world - which DRIVE ME NUTS sometimes, but I wouldn't change him for the world. I'm very lucky to have him. Besides, if it wasn't for him, who would put socks on my big fat feet now that I'm too big to bend down and do it myself? LOL!

OK, before I start getting all weepy, enough of that. Back to me (lol). This pressure on my VERY low left side is killing me! It truly feels like she is going to fall out of my lower stomach! Now it's usually not even relieved by sitting down - I still get it then too. Maybe it's a good sign that labor will be starting soon. I am ready. Even though my kitchen reno is NOT done yet, at least the messy part is - they are putting everything back together now. And we still have so much to do with the outside of the house like painting and new siding, but that's OK too. I'm just ready for Bella to be here!

I think I'm over my complete freak-out anxiety attack about the labor & delivery too. I've come to the realization that it is what it is and I'll just roll with the punches (or scream with the contractions...whatever - LOL). I figure, if my mom could do it six times (and I'm sure most, if not ALL, were without epidurals), then I could do it. Though I do wish she could be here with me now.... I miss her.

Well, Bella's room is completely done and it looks great! The hubster finished the blinds the other night, so, besides the valance, which is no biggie, it's finito!

Oh, I just can't wait for her to be here!!!!!! Hurry baby girl - mommy & daddy are waiting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search