Gina's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2009, 05:28 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is Gina and I am 34 years old. Me and the hubster, who is 42, have been trying for almost a year and I finally got my on Sunday, February 1. I actually wouldn't call it a "B"FP, it was more like a light, faint FP. LOL. Anyhow, it was there and in the days to come the lines got darker and darker and finally the digitals said that most wonderful beautiful word..."PREGNANT". I am very excited, but also very scared and nervous. I had a chemical back in June - about 4 days after AF should have started, and multiple positive HPT later, I started bleeding. So, while my hubster and I are ecstatic, we are moving forward cautiously. He is afraid of getting too excited, or of me getting too excited, just in case the horrible happens again.

OK, enough of that - I am so freakin' happy and excited!!! I have known now for a total of six days and only the hubster, my BFF and another friend know. I plan on telling my oldest sister on Sunday, when we are at her house. I figure it this way....she can be happy with me - and if the horrible should happen (which it WON'T), she is one of the best people to support me at a time like that.

The past couple of days I had been having a very light cramp every once in a while - not cramping, because it didn't persist or anything - just a cramp that would come on, last a second and then go away. It happened a few times within each hour. Today, however, I haven't had it. But today something new started - Constipation!! Yay! It was really fun!! LOL. To be honest, I welcome the constipation and look forward to the morning sickness. I am not going to worry about getting fat either (though I am going to try to control myself - LOL). There is nothing I wouldn't do, or put up with, in order for the final outcome to be a healthy, happy baby!

I get my first round of blood work back on Monday, February 9. I'm a little scared, since my progesterone levels were low prior to getting pregnant, but I started clomid after that, so my doctor seemed pretty confident that the clomid would do its job in raising my progesterone levels. I hope it's enough. I am also so psyched to find out my HCG levels!!!

I could write forever about what I'm feeling and thinking, but I'll cut off for now.

Should anyone stop in and read this - I wish you all the luck in the world if you are trying to conceive and tons of and if you have!!!
February 7th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Not much to report today - some slight twinges here and there. Oh, and the constipation is still lurking...very fun!! But, I still don't care. Totally worth it!! I'm trying REALLY REALLY hard to eat good, healthy stuff - even though I really want a cheeseburger and fries - LOL. I read that your baby starts to pick up the taste for foods while in the womb, depending on what you eat - so lots of veggies and lean meats! I have always struggled with my weight - never overly overweight, but definitely overweight, and I never want my kids to have to feel like that. I'm also trying not to be such a couch potato! I must say, it's easier getting up early in the morning and exercising then it is to do it after work. By noon most days I'm already ready to take a nap at my desk - I couldn't imagine having to come home to exercise! Can't wait 'till Monday when I get my blood results back!!! Hoping for good strong numbers and regular, healthy progesterone numbers!!! Fingers doubly crossed!!
February 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Today is Sunday, February 8. I had the most awesome dream last night that I had a baby boy. He was so cute and I could definitely see myself and the hubster in him. But, when I woke up this morning and took my temperature (I am still temping), I just felt this feeling of doom take over me. It was the weirdest thing - trust me, I am not the morbid "dark" type, but it just felt wrong. I was immediately depressed. I got out of bed and got on the treadmill for a little bit, thinking that may get me out of the funk and then I posted my temp on my FF chart. This is two days of lower temps - NOT below the coverline - still quite a bit above, but lower then two days ago. I am starting to freak and get a little depressed. I am just afraid of the same thing happening that happened back in June. I think what is also playing on my mind is my low progesterone test from before I started clomid. I don't get my test results until tomorrow, but I am worried that my progesterone is still low and I may be heading toward another miscarriage. I feel a little silly about thinking this being that it's only based upon a temperature from this morning, but I am really scared. Also, while making breakfast I started crying while the hubster was talking to me and then later I started bawling because I was thinking of my old dog that I had when I was with my ex. I was thinking how I never got to really say goodbye to her when I left (abusive situation - left in a hurry) and I was wondering if she was thinking about where I was when her "time" had come. (I know I sound so dark and dismal, but that is NOT the kind of person I am). I don't even know what made me start thinking of her. I couldn't stop myself from crying. I am hoping that it is all due to hormones and that the baby bean is fine and so am I. I will really feel better once I talk to the doctor tomorrow and get my results, but for today - I'll probably remain a basketcase.

We are going to my sister's today for my nephew's b-day, and I was going to tell her today. Now I am not sure if I should - I'm afraid. I'm afraid I will jinx it. OMG! THIS IS SO NOT LIKE ME!!! I DON'T LIKE THE WAY I AM FEELING AND THINKING RIGHT NOW! I can't stop crying. The hubster just called while I was typiing this and I started crying again! I can't stand myself right now! It's funny and ridiculous and sad all at the same time!

I just hope the doc has good news tomorrow with my HCG and progesterone levels.....
February 8th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Snowpeas
((hugs)) I'm sure you'll feel a lot better after getting your levels tomorrow.

February 9th, 2009, 04:03 AM
My temps went back up this morning, so I am feeling much better. Fingers crossed for the blood results this afternoon!!!!
February 9th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I got the blood work results from my doctor today and I am so happy and really relieved!!! The blood work was taken at 13 dpo, and my progesterone at that time (which is the one I was freaking out about - I was so scared it was going to be low) was 45.8!!! The doc said average is between 11 - 45. So I am golden there!!!! I am soo excited. My HCG was at 100 then, which the doc said is perfectly normal for anywhere around 3 - 4 weeks, and since I was only 13 days, 100 was good!

The doc said the clomid was to thank for the progesterone levels and that it did what it was meant to do. YAY CLOMID!!!

My first real appointment is 2/25, when I'll be 7 weeks (well, the day before 7 weeks) and the doc said he'll do my first ultrasound that day - I am soo excited!!! The hubster is taking a half day from the office and going with me. He's excited too. I can't wait to see it on the screen!!!

Well, FF was very close with my EDD. They had given me 10/16 and my doctor gave me 10/15 - close enough!

I am so happy right now. I'm going to try to keep this perspective throughout the whole thing. Only good thoughts!!!

You were so right babyhope78, I feel so much better! Thanks for the encouragement!!

Last edited by GinaS.; October 4th, 2009 at 02:31 PM.
February 9th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Snowpeas
Yay! So happy for you!
February 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Not a good day today. Before I woke up I had a weird feeling that something was not right. I took my temp (which was good) and got up to go into the bathroom. I was a bit dizzy and lightheaded when I got up, but that was OK (I was actually a little excited about that, hoping it would lead to a little morning sickness - but no, it didn't). So, I did my business (pee) and when I wiped, there was a little "discoloration" - not red, not even pink, more like tan. Of course I freaked thinking that I was beginning to mc. That was at 5 a.m. I got back in bed and laid down with the hubster for while until about 6, then got in the shower. I checked again before the shower and there was nothing. I got out of the shower and got ready for work and checked again before I left at 7 a.m. and there was a little again. On the drive into work I started getting really light faint cramps. They pretty much went on and off all day (for some weird reason they seemed to get better after I ate...????) I kept checking all day and there wasn't really anymore "spotting". I did call the doctor's and spoke with the nurse who basically told me it sounded like old blood and that there really isn't anything to worry about, but (and I give her credit for being honest) if there was something going wrong there was nothing they could do about it since it's so early. She said if I started bleeding like a period and/or got period type cramps, to call back. Since I've been home I haven't had any "spotting" so I really haven't had any since this morning. My cramps have went away too. I'm still a little freaked though. All day I kept talking to my baby bean and God asking for my bean to stay with me. I know He heard me and I hope He has the same plan!

Hopefully tomorrow is uneventful. Maybe even a little nausea?
February 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Today was pretty uneventful/good. I even had a little bit of nausea this afternoon - I was very excited! But then after lunch it went away. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a full fledged bout of nausea! LOL Unfortunately, I forgot my lunch at home this morning, so my BFF (who I luckily work with) and I made the STUPID decision of going to the clown (McDonald's) for lunch - horrible decision. But I ate a Big Mac anyway. I know, stupid idea....but it was good! I regretted it before I even ate it...but that didn't stop me. I've been trying really hard to eat healthy, so that was my one big stupid mistake lately. Now I know that I have to be very good for a while before I cave in for something bad again.

Anyway, no cramps, no spotting today - so I feel much better. However, it just seems like I cannot get enough sleep! I went to bed at 8:00 last night! I do get up at 5 a.m., which is very early....but 8:00??? That's just crazy! But I have to stay up for Lost tonight, cannot miss it. LOL
February 12th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Another uneventful day - thank God. Work was horrible!! I don't understand why people are allowed to do NOTHING yet still get paid, while others have to pick up their slack! Me & the hubster are seriously debating if I will go back to work after the baby comes. I know it's a bit early for that, but I have been stressing at work for a LONG time now, so it's nothing new. The only thing is, while we can easily live very comfortably with just the hubster working (he's a partner in a law firm), I do make good money (I'm a legal secretary - NO I do not work with the hubster lol), and my money usually goes for little bills and shopping (both grocery and fun shopping). I don't know how easily I would be able to give that up. Also, as much as my job drives me up the wall most of the time, I do enjoy my job overall. I like the job - I can't stand the lazy-##### people who work in the office - and it seems like they out number those of us who care. But I know my bosses depend on me and really appreciate me, which makes me think I should go back. AND I work with my BFF, so I would miss that too. But I just know that as soon as I hold my baby in my arms I will make the decision to stay home! I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Well, no cramping - no spotting, so YAY!!! But no nausea either - boo. And my boobs are not sore either. I'm hoping everything is OK. I hear everyone else saying how sore their boobs are and I'm beginning to wonder why mine are not. I never got sore boobs when AF would come either, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it - plus the fact that I have implants - I wonder if that makes a difference too.

Well, here in NJ we had EXTREME wind today and part of our fence fell down, so I am going to try to help the hubster get it back up - at least good enough to let the dogs outside. FYI...I do NOT do the dog walking thing too often...LOL.
February 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
5 weeks, 2 days....Pretty good day today - no cramps or anything...but no nausea either. I don't know if I should worry about that or consider myself lucky! I know not everyone gets it, but I've read conflicting things about it. Some sites say it is necessary to rid toxins from getting to the baby and others say that you're lucky if you don't get it and that not everyone does. I don't know. All I know is that I am very excited for my 1st ultrasound on 2/25!!!!!
February 15th, 2009, 03:41 PM
5 weeks 4 days....nothing much to report. Not really feeling much of anything, except super tired. I took a 2 hour nap yesterday! I NEVER nap! I guess I do now LOL. The past two days I've been getting a metallic taste in my mouth. I've heard that it is normal, so I'm not going to worry about it - maybe I'll get some good old fashion nausea soon! I hope so! LOL

10 days till my first ultrasound!!! I'm so excited! I just pray bean is where he/she is supposed to be and his/her little heartbeat is doing its thing! (I've had two dreams that I have a boy, but my gut says a girl. Either way, I TRULY don't care - as long as there are 10 little fingers, 10 little toes and healthy!)
February 17th, 2009, 07:11 PM
5 weeks, 6 days.....OMG my boobs hurt! They feel full and heavy (which is hard for me to feel that way considering they were pretty big to begin with! LOL) My nipples are the worse, it feels like pressure build up behind them! Small price to pay, though.

Still no nausea. My sister thinks I'm nuts and that I should just be happy I am not having it, but it just feels wrong to me that I don't. She had it horribly with both of her kids and my other sister had it soo bad, she hardly gained any weight with her twins (she delivered at about 6 months with them), so I would just figure I would get it too. But not so much so far....I guess I'll just have to be happy with sore boobs for now.

I unexpectedly fell asleep on the couch before. I was in the middle of Jon & Kate Plus 8 and then the next thing I know I feel light hot breath on my face and then a multitude of puppy kisses. AAAHHH, there's nothing like stinky dog butt-breath kisses to wake you up! LMAO

The "blonde" is the mad kisser - her name is Darla. I call her my pretty pretty princess. LOL - I know I'm a dork, but my puppies are my original babies. I will always consider them my oldest. My other one is Rascal....We call him "Lenny", but only when he's out of ear shot - we don't want to hurt his feelings LOL. He's a little slow witted, but has a heart of gold. He thinks he's a lap dog. They keep my spirits up when I feel down....but apparently they don't like when I nap.

One week from tomorrow until my first ultrasound!!!! I am so excited!!!! I pray everything is where it's supposed to be and doing what it's supposed to be doing!
February 18th, 2009, 03:58 PM
6 weeks today!!! I can't believe just how exciting this whole thing is!

Well, not much happened today, besides the fact that I could hardly keep my eyes open at work and I was STARVING all day today. I had breakfast -bagel w/ egg & cheese - and lunch - chicken nuggest (yeah, we're not going to talk about that) - but it seemed like no matter what I ate, I was still hungry. I'm waiting for the hubster to get home so I can at least make a healthy dinner. I have got to start being more careful about what I eat!

Still no nausea. I am really nervous about that. My boobs still hurt, which I guess is a good sign, but I wish I would just get sick already! Hopefully it doesn't hit for the first time at my brother's surprise anniversary party this weekend!

Ultrasound countdown: 1 week from today!!! Yay! I am so super excited!!!!!!
February 18th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Sogie
Hi Gina!! I have been reading your posts for a few weeks and just decided to join. I am pregnant with my first baby too and just got my bfp a few hour ago. I am 4 weeks along. I am trying to figure out how this site works so I can start a journal but I will be heading to bed soon so I may have to figure it out tomorrow.

Congrats on your pregnany and I think this is great that we ladies can go through this together. My baby will be due late October 2009. Hubby and I are so excited. I hope everything goes well with your ultrasound!! God Bless

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search