Tiffs 1st Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Drema
Today I am 4 weeks and 3 days pregnant. My husband and I have been trying since last August, and this month we have been blessed. Unfortunately, I found out 2 days after I arrived in Florida for a 6 week computer class.

Valentines Day I took a First Response pregnancy test hoping to surprise my Hubby for Valentines Day. But NOOOOOOO... the test didn't feel like amusing my hopes and dreams that day. I got a negative response. Rain Check Please! That was 3 days before my missed period.

Took the First Response GOLD-Digital test two days later and it was a +YES!!! Took ANOTHER test later in the day using ANSWERS non-digital test and received negative results.
I tested two MORE times the next day in the morning: First Response GOLD Digital test (received a +YES), and E.P.T (received a PREGNANT).
Couldn't wait to tell the Hubby. We are both SO excited! It still hasn't sunk in.

I'm really worried now. I've had some faint cramping for the past couple of days but I think it may be gas or constipation because soon after I use the restroom most of the cramps disappear completely if not all together There has been no spotting or heavy cramps, but there has been a major increase in .....vaginal discharge... ....I'm hoping that is a good sign. Not sure but it's kind of weird.

It seems the more you read about pregnancy the more things you learn could go wrong and the more stressed you get.
Also the creepy factor regarding all the changes in your body quickly increases.

SO. Right now i'm excited, worried, tired, cranky, gassy, my chest hurts AND i'm creeped out.

.... maybe it's a good idea my husband is as far away as poss.
February 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM
Sogie
Hi and welcome to the site. I just joined myself last week. I am exactly as far along in my pregnancy as you are. I'm 4 weeks and 3 days today . We conceived the same day..I think its awesome!!.

Don't worry about the mild cramping because that is perfectly normal. I read it was normal and asked other women who have been pregnant and they said it is too. I have been having the same thing..mild cramps that come and go and feel like my period is about to start. It's the uterus stretching and growing to make room for the baby. The ligaments also have to stretch. I was worried about the cramping too until I found out it was normal and Thank God it is. I am also very excited, worried, scared, happy, and anxious. I am so greatful for this site because us ladies can go through this wonderful journey together. I also have the sore boobs off and on and have had headaches and a little nausea here and there so far. I have the increased vaginal discharge too and often feel wet. I always get scared and have to go and check to see if im spotting. I have not had any spotting. The wet feeling and increased discharge are normal too according to what I have read and been told from other mommies.

I think you will feel better when you get back to your hubby. I am glad I am with my hubby because when I get scared and worried I just want him to hold me and tell me everything will be ok.

Our babies will be born around the same time and we have the same due date..how exciting.
Think Positive..everything will be fine.
February 25th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Drema
Thank you guys for the replies. It's exciting to see someone else with the same due date. Congrats!!! I prey everything is going smoothly with everyone and their beans.

Over the past couple of day I have seen some improvements as well as some down turns. The cramps have started to fade and now they are less frequent. On Friday of last week I was able to make an appointment to see a nurse. I was hoping for at least a check in vitals and maybe a US. However, I was disappointed. I was only given a counseling stating that I am due 27 OCT and a letter to my commander informing him of my change in status.
The nurse was nice and polite. I now have a referral to a OB/GYN at another hospital. Thankfully I am able to make appointments on Saturday and after 2:30 on weekdays which is not during my class.
The hotel I am staying in has no stove so I am finding it hard to eat healthy. Subway just doesn't cut it. One thing the nurse did mention is that some prenatal vitamins can be hard on the stomach and I could just take two Flintstones vitamins if the ones I am currently taking are too hard on me. Sounds like something I am going to have to do.
I think about how fast the baby is growing. The first heart beat will be on or around 3 March. 3 March is my hubby's birth day.
There are a lot of decisions to make over the next 8 months. Very difficult one that don't just effect me and my husband anymore. Do I stay in the service or get out and become a stay at home mom for a few years? Or, do I trust my baby to a daycare? I'm only at 5 weeks and the thought of it makes me want to rant and rave.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search