Anaiah's arrival..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2009, 04:36 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anaiah Grace.

Well after 2 spells of lack of movement and BP issues it was decided that I would be induced. I went in for an ultrasound and a bio-physical profile on friday the 20th. The baby was looking good she said and figured the weight at about 3.5 kgs. The next day early morning we were at the hospital for an induction. I came in 1.5cm dilated and maybe 30% effaced. They put in some jelly to ripen the cervix and start labor. After a whole day of contractions that were getting slightly more and more intense I still was only 2.5cm dilated and 60% effaced. This continued all night. The contractions got more intense but were in-effective.. the next morning I was put on pitocin and told that the baby's heart rate had dropped to 108 and that was a concern. It bounced back thankfully but they didn't want to take any chances. I was allowed to try pitocin for about 12 hours then at 4pm they checked me again and now just 3cm and 70%effaced.. A c-section it would be. I was told at 4:30pm and at 5:03pm on the 22nd of March our little girl was born. (38 weeks gest.) Man they move fast! She was perfect! Smaller than we had thought, 3kgs and 19 inches long. She cried and so did I. I got to see her for just a moment then they took her to get cleaned up.

I am so thankfull that my DH was brave enough to sit there with me in the OR. I never thought he could do that.. he was more nervous then I was I am sure.

After being allowed to go home we ended up having to re-admit our little princess due to bad jaundice. It broke my heart to leave her in the NICU. I felt things crashing in on me when I was told I was also not producing enough milk for her. We've had to supplement since.

I am totally in love with my little girl. I kinda thought it would be a boy and so it was a real surprize to me that it was a girl but I cannot imagine anything else now. She's an angel and we're crazy about her!

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

April 3rd, 2009, 06:58 AM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Thanks for sharing your story - your daughter is beautiful!!

April 3rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Congrats again. Supplementing isn't so bad, and if you are still bf'ing too then she still gets benefits! Hang in there!

April 4th, 2009, 07:44 AM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

April 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's so precious!!! Congrats!!!
April 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing, Congrats she is beautiful

April 16th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is adorable, I love her dark hair and her name is beautiful. Well done Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search