Dominic James' Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Veteran
Dominic James
04/02/09 6:30AM
7lbs 9ozs 19 1/2 inches

This is my third child, all boys. So when I went in to the hospital on Monday March 30th with contractions I really thought I was in labor. They were coming every 2-5 minutes, but weren't very strong. I just assumed they would pick up in intensity once I got to L&D. Well they didn't pick up. I was only dilated 1cm and no effacement at all. After 6 hours of regular contractions they slowly started to space out and go away. I was sent home.

I spent the next couple of days feeling anxious because the doctor told me I would go soon. So when I went to my normal doctor visit on Wednesday I asked my doctor if he would strip the membranes. He said he wouldn't even consider doing that until I was 39 weeks. I was 38.3 then...so I was upset. Not to mention I had felt all along that the EDD they gave me was wrong. I was 100% positive of my LMP which put my EDD at 04/02/09, but the ultrasounds put me at 04/12/09. Since both of my boys came on their due dates, I just assumed my third would too, but it was getting closer to the 2nd and I was feeling discouraged. I had tried EPO, DTD, walking, climbing stairs two at a time, anything I could to help the baby come. I decided then I was going to give up and let my baby decide when he would make his appearance.

I woke up around 12:30 am on April 2nd with some mild cramping and went back to sleep. I woke up at 2:00 again with a lot more pain. It wasn't like contractions though, more like I had to go the bathroom. I got up and tried to go, but couldn't and my stomach hurt so bad so I decided I would take a bath. Thats when the contractions really started. I got out of the bathtub and thought I would try walking around to see if they went away but every 3 minutes when another one would hit I couldn't walk it was so painful. They were only lasting 30 seconds which made me think it was false again, despite having to really breath through them. I had about an hour of these before I finally decided to wake Justin up. I asked him to get up and tell me that this was false again so we could go back to sleep. He got up and timed the contractions and tried helping me through them and finally told me we should go in since I hadn't really felt the baby move since they started. I finally gave in and we arrived at L&D at 4:15AM. They hooked me up and checked me. I was at 4cm! I was relieved, no going home this time. It was documented that my previous labors only lasted 5 hours from start to finish, so the nurse got everything ready to go right then. We discussed pain relievers and I said no epidural, but give me something. She came back with something to put in my IV around 5:30, I was SO happy. I'm not sure what the name of that stuff was but I was loving it. I could still feel every contraction but I practically fell asleep in between. My DH said I was pretty comical once I got the meds. The doctor finally got there and checked me I was at 8cm and starting to feel the urge to push, just slightly though. He said he would check me again after 10 minutes. He checked again and I was at 9 with just a little cervix left to go, so he had me push it away during the next contraction. After that I was free to push. I had two contractions that I pushed through and I really didn't feel like I was doing any good. The doctor was prepping something at the end of the bed when I pushed through the third contraction. I told myself this was it he was coming out, and I pushed as hard as I could. Even though the dr. wasn't expecting it, out came his head. I screamed and pushed his shoulders out and to my amazment never tore at all. He was perfect, a few ounces smaller than my other two boys at birth, but absolutely beautiful. Once he was checked I got to hold him and we attempted nursing. He is a champ! Has the strongest suck I've ever seen. He come out starving and hasn't quit eating since! We were released from the hospital about 30 hours after I had him. His big brothers are extremely protective and are in love with their baby brother. My 16 month old being a mommas boy was kind of beside himself at first but now he screams MINE MINE when we try to move Dominic away from him. Despite the long nights, I am in love and couldn't be happier. My family is now complete and I can't wait to watch my boys grow.

If you made it through this, thanks for reading!
April 4th, 2009, 11:13 AM
ForestJenn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! Wow, if you go by your LMP instead of the ultrasound, that means all three of your boys arrived on their due dates.

Loving every minute of being a mommy!
April 4th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations and thanks for sharing

April 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story! Congrats!!!

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!
April 4th, 2009, 03:02 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I had the IV meds with Rock, they made me feel so freaky, I hated them, lol. Congrats and thanks for sharing the birth story!

April 6th, 2009, 01:50 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing!
April 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story!!!! Congrats again

April 10th, 2009, 12:30 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Congrats - what a great story!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search