Haylei-Lisa Marie....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Gorjess
On Tuesday, March 17th of 2009 I went in for my Amnio, to see if Haylei's lungs were mature enough for her to be born the following day, Her reports came back positive. My Dr. wanted to induce the following day due to the excess fluid I had.

I went to Sunrise Hospital on March 18th at 12:00 PM for induction. I get there and Labor and Delivery was FULL, there were ladies there pushing out babies left and right, so I didn't get put into a room until 2:30pm. Once in the room, I was put on an IV for hydration reasons of course, and the pitocin wasn't started until around 3:00-3:15pm.

My nurse came in at around 4:00pm to check my cervix and it was 2-3cm. The nurses didn't have much time to come in as often as they'd liked because it was still pretty busy. So my nurse came back at 6:30 ish and re checked me, I was then 5 cm and I asked for my epidural because the pain was becoming intense and I couldn't handle the pain in my back.

7:00PM rolls around and I get my epidural. AHHH RELIEF!

8:45pm 5-6 CM,

This is where things really get started, they broke my bag of water, and OMG, my butt was in almost 3 1/2 inches of fluid, while is was also pouring off the bed/table. My nurses and my mom had wet shoes, OOPS Sorrry LOL.

Once the bag was broken I felt the contractions getting worse, *tightening of the tummy*

I was checked again at 10, I was 6-7cm dialated, the epidural started to wear off so I called the nurse in the see if I could use the "self-medicate" button they leave for the patient if needed. So I pushed it. It didn't help, my contractions hurt so bad that I started moaning and somewhat screaming in pain, all while my poor 13 year old sister watched. It was hard to see her watch me like that, and she started bawling.

I kid you not, I went from 7cm to 10 in less than 10 minutes. because I had hit that button for an extra dose of meds, it made my lower (legs and butt) even more numb so I had a hard time pushing.

Once the Dr. got there he helped me get her head out with the vaccum because I was having a hard time.

I pushed for 25-30 minutes, and here was Haylei-Lisa Marie.

Born March 18th 2009 at 10:48pm weighing in at 6lbs and 14ounces, 19 inches long.

I was in labor for 7 hours and 48 minutes. I couldn't have asked for a better labor. =)
Thanks for reading=)

Last edited by Gorjess; April 5th, 2009 at 05:22 PM.
April 5th, 2009, 05:47 PM
mama2aredhead2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mama2aredhead2
Congrats! She is beautiful! I am worried about my water breaking before my c/s because my level is at 23! It could be a big mess!

Thanks SandKmommy for my siggy!

April 5th, 2009, 08:09 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Did you end up having your daughter in the room?
Glad it went pretty well. TFS!

April 5th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! My daughter was also born on March 18th.
April 5th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Gorjess
My daughter wasn't in the room only because it was so late, and because my contractions got so bad, that they made my 13 year old sister cry, so I could only imagine how bad it would had affected her!

I'm excited to see that another baby was born on March 18th.

Having excess fluid scared me badly, because had I went into labor at home, her umbilical cord could had come out, then there's only 7 minutes to get the baby out, I don't even live 7 minutes away from a corner store, let alone a hospital!!!

April 6th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, I'm glad everything went well

April 6th, 2009, 08:28 AM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Congrats - she is so cute!

April 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Yeah, I'm glad everything worked out well. I ended up having my July 04 kiddo in the room with me, that's why I wondered.

April 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and thanks for sharing!!! What a great story!
April 7th, 2009, 01:41 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story and she is a total cutie

April 8th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She is BEAUTIFUL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search