Brooke's birth story... finally!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 9th, 2009, 03:30 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brooke Elise was born on March 19, 2009 at 4:23 am... here's what happened...

On March 18th around 3:30 pm I was sitting on the couch, watching Maury and playing Solitaire on the lap top... winning I might add. When suddenly I felt wetness down there.. my first thought was 'did I pee myself?' So I went to the washroom to pee. I stood up and wetness was running down my legs...I knew that wasn't pee lol. especially when i crouched down to clean it up off the floor and it ran out of me like a faucet.

My SO got home from work about 5 minutes later and I told him that I thought my water broke... his response "what does that mean?". I told him "duh, the baby is coming".

I called the birthing unit at the hospital and told them what happened. they asked about u/s i've had and any possible issues... I told them that at my last u/s, my baby was breech, so they told me to come in right away.

Soooo.. we took our time. lol. I had a shower, then Rob had a shower, i got everything packed up and started panicking becase I realized how little I had for my baby.

Anyway... it was in the middle of rush hour, so it took us forever to get to the hospital.. AND... on the way there.. we decided to get something to eat. oops. I mean, I see all the tv shows where people are in labour for hours and starving. so we ate something.

WELL.. when we got to the hospital they discovered she was STILL breech and that I had to have an c-section. UGH, was my first thought. Then they asked me when i last ate... I told them I had just eaten... They were pissed. well sorrrrrrrrrrry, no one told me not to eat, and i've never done this before!!! Soooo my c-section had to be scheduled for 2 am, March 19th.

So we waited, and waited.. and then contractions started around 10 pm... I dealt with them... and they got worse and worse... finally at 2:30 a.m. I called in the nurse to find out what the heck was going on. Apparently they had an emergency c-section come up before mine but I was next in line.

By the time they took me in the O.R. for my c-section, it was about 330a.m. They gave me a spinal and I was frozen from the boobs down.

The dr finally arrived, they let Rob in the room and they started the procedure. It was the weirdest feeling... in that there was barely any feeling... until the two nurses and doctor JUMPED on the top of my stomach and all i could feel was this pressure from them pushing down on my stomach. My eyes must have been huge. Rob was rubbing my head and he looked pretty green...

We heard the doctor say it's still a girl (just before they jumped on my tummy), and Rob turned to me and said, 'well that's good'.

Then we heard her cry... and all I could do was say "I hear her crying" over and over again.

It felt like forever before I got to see her. THey called Rob over to see her and he finally brought her back to me to see her (although I couldn't touch or hold her because I was still strapped down and they were still sewing me back up). She was so tiny. The smallest baby I had ever seen.

5lbs, 8oz and 17.7 inches long at 4:23 A.M.

I finally got to hold her in the recovery room... sometime after 5.

i was sooooooo tired here lol

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
April 10th, 2009, 01:36 AM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!!

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!
April 10th, 2009, 06:17 AM
VeteranMom3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg she was soooo tiny!! congrats!!! girl, i would've ate, too. that wasn't your fault. silly of them to be pissed about it. anyhoo, congrats again she's beautiful!

April 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Congrats - she is tiny!!!!!

April 11th, 2009, 03:02 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
"What does that mean?" Men are so cute, lol.
I took my time when they told me to get in with my daughter too, lol.
It is weird nobody told you not to eat, in our birth class they told us that, but they also told us the opposite of it, they said since you could have a c-section they won't feed you in the hospital, so eat beforehand, even though you maybe won't want to or shouldn't, I thought it was funny. But with you having the baby be breech I'm surprised they didn't warn you, silly hospital staff.
TFS!

April 15th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats, she is beautiful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search