Sorry I'm so late! Dylan's (quick) Birth Story and loads of pictures.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2009, 03:25 AM
VeteranMom3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Around 6am I've been having lots of contractions, but dismissed them as braxton hicks. plus i was so tired from cleaning and cooking the previous day (everyone but me was sick with a stomach flu) i just wanted to sleep. SO at 10am I woke up to some very painful contractions coming every 3 to 5 minutes. i screamed for my husband and asked him to lie with me and just hold me. he rubbed my back and that didn't illeviate the pain one bit. so i hopped in the bath tub, usually when i did that the pain subsides, but not this time, the contractions got stronger and closer together! so i asked my husband to call the hospital and tell them we were on our way. the labor delivery nurse wanted to talk to me and i screamed "I AM IN PAIN!!" they set up a room for me....lol. so we had to take my son and daughter with us because we didn't have babysitter yet (plus we weren't sure if this was true labor since i had 3 false alarms). we left the house at 11:30am. My husband intended on dropping me off at the hospital and then calling the babysitter we were going to use Monday for my scheduled induction, but the nurses in the hall told him i was already 9cm dilated and he would miss the birth! so he and the children stayed in the room. i was in soo much pain i was begging for some kind of relief and the nurse asked if i wanted the epidural, i said 'no how about some tylenol'? lol. she said, 'honey that's not gonna help you at all. lol. then i said, 'just break my water and get this over with, please.' i was screaming with every contraction and my poor daughter (she's 1) was terrified. my son was sitting in the corner waiting for all the craziness to end (he's 3). my husband kept saying, 'shhhhhhh' i screamed, 'QUIT SHUSHING ME YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF PAIN I'M IN!' lol. those contractions were soooo bad, and finally they broke my water and i was fully dilated 2 contractions later. i screamed that i needed to push, and they said i had to wait for the doctor. i was screaming for the doc to get her tail in the room so that i can push the baby out already. as soon as she came in, i pushed as hard as i could. it took four hard solid pushes to get him out. the pushing part wasn't nearly as painful as the contractions (it took 5 minutes- i was DETERMINED to get the baby out!). finally he was out and there was sooo much relief! he was beautiful with powerful lungs (he screamed louder than my previous two). i apologized to the nurses and doctors for being so loud and demanding, and they said i was nowhere as bad as most women. lol. they were very nice and attentive. and this has been my best birth experience all around. anyway, they cleaned him up and you know you have to pee after a vaginal delivery. i could not for the life of me and the nurse had to use a catheter to extract urine from my bladder. that was worse than the contractions!

Stats: Dylan Thomas was born March 29th at 12:32pm. He was 8lbs 1.5 oz and 20.75" tall!

edited to add that i did not tear this time! i tore with my first son (5lbs 8oz) and daughter (6lbs 11oz)! so the recovery is going very well. glad i did my kegel exercises!

pictures out of order lol:

dylan thomas

proud sister

kids and mommy ready to go home from hospital

going home outfit

second day home

proud brother

dylan a day shy of a week old and me

random dylan shots including after first bath at home

Last edited by VeteranMom3; April 10th, 2009 at 05:28 AM.
April 10th, 2009, 01:36 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
What a crazy story!!

Congrats - he is such a cutie!!! You look great by the way!!

April 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Awww, that's the good thing about dealing with pain internaly (instead of outwardly like screaming) at least my kiddos didn't mind being in the room really, til the end then Courtney was not so much having it, lol. Congrats and how neat that it went so fast. Funny about the tylenol though, lol.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy!

April 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats he is such a cutie

April 11th, 2009, 09:08 PM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
♥ Siggy credit goes to Pattyandthemoos, thank you! ♥

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!
April 11th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Congrats - and he is so stinkin cute!!
April 13th, 2009, 07:46 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congratulations! What a pretty family!

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

April 14th, 2009, 11:23 AM
VeteranMom3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies!

thank you ladies!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search