Nicola Kathryn

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2009, 01:45 PM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
Okay, I am finally getting around to getting this posted. Here goes....

So, it all started around February 26th. I woke up with contractions about 2-3 minutes apart. DH took the girls to my parents, and took me into the hospital. They got me on the monitors, and noticed the contractions, but also noticed that the baby's heart rate was shooting back and forth from the 120's to the 220's. The nurse got a bit freaked out, and called in the doctor. She did not seem as worried, but it was bugging me, as the nurse was a bit paniced. My OB called to the woman's/Children's hospital and spoke to my doctor there. Her respoce was "send her IMEDIATLLY via life flight!" Wow... so I officially do not like my OB at home anymore! They called to get life flight set up, come to find out that it wasd grounded, due to weather, so I was transported via ambulance. That was the most uncomfortable 4 hours of my life! I had a threatened pre term labor and I had to go through it in an ambulance with 2 men I don't know! DH had to stay home because he had to work, and also the girls could not stay at my parents house over night. I was taken right into ultrasound upon arrival. Baby was calm, and my contractions had also calmed down. I guess the meds to stop labor worked! I got my first steroid shot that day and the second one the next day. I spent 7 LONG weeks on bedrest in the hospital. Talk about boring! I was on level 3 bedrest, so I was allowed to get up and walk in the halls, but I had to stay on the floor I was a resident of. After a couple weeks of beeing on bed rest, I was allowed to go out on passes during the day. A friend of mine that lives in the area would pick me up and take me out to eat, and stuff like that. It was not until I hit 34 weeks that I was "allowed" to go shopping. We spent a lot of time walking at the malls.... but baby stayed put.

My doctor and I talked about an induction date.... we agreed on April 6th. It put my at 38 weeks, 5 days by one of my due dates, and 39 weeks 1 day buy my other due date. On the morning of April 6th, my doctor and a resident walked in. My doctor said "Ready to have a baby?!?!?" OMG, I was so excited! A couple hours later, they had stripped my membranes and put the gel in there to get things moving. Contractins kicked in with a vengence! My friend and I sat in my room watching Wall-E waiting for things to happen.... I really did not think that we would make it through the movie. Around 6:30pm, we were getting ready to go down stairs to the labor room. Once I was in the bed down there and hooked up to monitors, my friend went back up to get all my junk that I had aquired over my 7 week stay in that room. The contractions were about 2 minutes apart... but my water still had not broken. At 8:27pm, the doctor broke my water, 21 minutes later, at 8:48pm, Nicola Kathryn was out. She did not do so well right away. She scored a 3 on her first APGAR at one minute old... and an 8 on her second APGAR at 5 minutes old. I was freaking out, because I was not hearing her cry..... and the doctor was trying to keep my attention on gettting the placenta out. This was the first time (being my 3rd vaginal birth) that i had to push the placenta out. Nicola was rushed to the NICU, to do her first assesment. They got her weight, and all that fun stuff after making sure that all was okay. I basically got up and out of that bed and into the shower as quick as I could. That had to be the best shower I ever had. Followed by a visit with the new little bug! So, that is the birth story.... as of today (April 12) Nicola is still in the NICU trying to get over some jaundic and wean off the oxygen.

Birth weight 3000 grams (6lb 10oz)
Birth length 48 cm, about 18 5/6 in
April 12th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing, I hope you can take Nicola home soon, she is so beautiful

April 13th, 2009, 02:34 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Awww look at your sweet siggy.

What happened in the two other births with the placenta?

April 13th, 2009, 10:00 AM
peimum's Avatar life blows sometimes.
Send a message via MSN to peimum Send a message via Skype™ to peimum
It just kind of flowed out, lol.... They actually had to tel me to push again this time
April 14th, 2009, 11:31 AM
VeteranMom3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hope he will be home soon. great sig!

April 30th, 2009, 03:48 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
What a crazy story!! I'm glad that everything turned out ok.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search