Shawn Alexander's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Josey's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Josey
Sorry it took so long to get this up!!

My birth story begins on Monday March 30th at my 39 week check up. When my dr. came in I begged him to strip my membranes. I was soo ready to get that baby out! He laughed and said if my cervix was ripe he would. As he is checking my cervix he tells me that he feels what he thinks is a foot and that I need an ultrasound to check. So, I go down to the ultrasound room and wouldn't ya know my little one is breech with one foot resting on my cervix. At that point we decided to have a c-section that Friday morning. So, I go home and tell everyone that we are having a baby on Friday and start to get things together. I made a list of everything I needed to do the next day and went to bed.

At around 5:30 a.m. DS woke up and got in bed with us. This is seriously not like him so I was worried he was getting sick. He said he was ok he just wanted to watch our tv *lol*. I begged him for almost an hour to go back to sleep, but he just giggled at me and asked for a movie. Well, around 6:30 a.m. I felt like I needed to pee and felt Shawn kick hard and heard a pop. I immediately thought "no way he just broke my water." I jumped up and GUSH! I gasped really loudly and told DH that my water just broke. He was half asleep and jerked up in bed, looked at me *I was completely soaked*, and started laughing. I ran to the bathroom and told him to get up and get DS ready while I called my Dr. So, at this point I must tell you that I had NO idea HOW MUCH fluid was in me. I gushed for almost 30 minutes. Everytime I thought it was over I would flood the floor again. I soaked through 4 huge bath towels before I jumped in the shower because I was sick of cleaning the floor. It is insane how much fluid was in there!! Ok, back to the story...

I called my Dr. and told him that my water broke and he laughed and told me to come on in and we would do the section at lunch as long as everything was ok. So, we left DS with DH's cousin who was in town and off we went to the hospital. When I got there they hooked me up to the monitor and noticed that the baby's heartbeat wasn't quite right so they gave me something to stop the contractions and put me on oxygen. Then my wonderful student nurses came in and I had 5 people working on me at once. One girl was inserting the IV, one was taking blood, one was asking me two million questions, one was shaving me and one was getting ready to insert my catheter. Once everything was said and done me and DH had about 30 minutes to relax until they came back and took me to the O.R. After getting the spinal my heartrate dropped *super scary!!*, but they gave me tons of meds and all was ok again. They let DH in and we were sitting there talking and all of a sudden I heard the most wonderful little cry. I couldn't believe how fast everything happened. The pediatrician brought Shawn to me to see and I almost had a heart attack because Shawn looks JUST like Bailey. I mean like identical twins that were 4 years apart! lol I gave him tons of kisses then they whisked him and DH to the nursery. I had a fun conversation with my anesthesiologist about baby movies while they stitched me up. lol I don't remember too much after that because I was on morphine and didn't react well to it. I was pretty much delirious for the first day and a half. I do remember falling asleep while trying to eat soup though. lol I had lots of complications in the hospital and thank God my DH was there to take care of me and Shawn. We got to go home after 3 days and we are all doing great now.

Here are some pics of my two boys so you can see how much they look alike!
Here is Bailey at two weeks old.

Here is Shawn at 1 week old.

Thanks to ~* Helen *~ for my beautiful siggy!
April 12th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Angel_Maker
HOLY COW!! They ARE identical!!!! That's so insane!!! Atleast you know who Shawn will look like when he grows up

I'm so happy that all is well! I love yoU!
April 12th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad everything is well now, wow they really look alike

April 13th, 2009, 01:15 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Sorry about the morphine issues, otherwises it sounds like a pretty good experience, though not what you were expecting! Nice photos.

April 30th, 2009, 02:44 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Congrats momma!! Wow - they look SO much alike!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search