Julius Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2009, 11:56 AM
babyc's Avatar Veteran
Hi All,

Here's my story. I was planning on having acupuncture for my labor pain so my mom started to prep me on Monday night (She was leaving early Wednesday morning. She did acupunture to get my body ready for labor and for labor induction. That next morning I felt tightening like the baby was stretching, but the feeling was pretty regular (about every 5 to 10 minutes). The doctor knew my mom was leaving Wednesday so she told me to come in Tuesday for an NST and she would have them keep me since I was already 3-4 cm dilated.

On Tuesday morning we went in for the NST, but the receptionist sent me to OB triage instead which turned out to be a good thing because thats where we found out that my blood pressure was sky high (after being low during my entire pregnancy). I was admitted at about 10:30 am. After blood tests, I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and put on magnesium, pitocin and given a catheter. Oh well for a drug free birth. My mother was still able to do the acupuncture and I had no pain. The doctor and nurses were really surprised at how comfortable I was. When I was about 5-6cm dilated, my mother (who is also a doctor) suggested I get an epidural to lower my blood pressure. It helped lower my blood pressure but it only numbed me on one side, but my pain on that one side was no more than moderate cramps. They also had to increase my magnesium because I started shivering so much. I didnt start dilating much until the doctor broke my bag of waters and they cranked up my pitocin.

After that I just watched tv and napped until about 11pm. The doctor checked me a little later and said I was 8 cm dilated. She said she would check on me in an hour but I felt the baby about 30 minutes later. The doctor came in and I pushed him out through 3 contractions. Unfortunately, I had to get an episiotomy, but I'm glad I didnt have to get a c-section. The baby was born at 12:16 am on Wednesday, April 8th and my mom had to get on the plane at 7am. He came just in time. Well I hope this wasnt TMI. Congrats on your new babies ladies!
April 23rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Glad you got a vaginal birth, sorry you had to have drugs and stuff! Congrats!

April 30th, 2009, 03:53 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Congrats on him coming just in the nick of time!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search