Stefania Ivana born April 13 2009

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Super Mommy
STATS:

EDD: April 27 2009
Scheducled C-Section: April 22 2009
Emerg C-Cection: April 13 2009

Stefania Ivana Infanti
April 13 2009 born 8:03pm
20" long
6.14 lbs

It started at 37 weeks on Tuesday April 7th starting to feel upper chest uncomfortable, of course, being tiny at 4'10" long I assumed as well as other that baby is at full term and compressing my organs...went to routine MD ....blood pressure was at 147/95 escalated but still within high norm from my usual...so didn't think anything of it.

Good Friday, April 10th major chest pains, hard breathing, took blood pressure at home ...OMG it was 157/110!! I thought this is obviously not normal and NEVER have I had such a reading with my BP at home...thought best to go to emergency....

Arrived at hospital..they admitted me to do an NST...blood pressure high at 151/95 my norm is 138/88 to 140/90 so again, didn't think anything of it....baby was doing fine but I kept complaining that I felt pain and felt like I was having a heart attack so they admitted me back to emergency....where they did ECG...NORMAL....they kept monitoring BP and creeping up at 161/95....they kept me monitored for 6 hours when Dr. in Emergency said "Honey, you're full term pregnant with very high blood pressure....so back to the maternity ward you go and discuss with OB..." so here we go back again...they drew blood made me rest...bp back down to 138/94....so again, on call OB reviewed my chart and all my med records, told the RN ok to dismiss me and to come back on the Monday for my reg NST....so I requested for a very mild sleeping pill to relax me and get over the long weekend.

Monday, April 13 2009
My DH and I went shopping to Costco did our regular day, I was feeling better but the pressure in my upper chest was still there...mild but there....so off we went to hospital to do NST....For 2 hours monitoring BP, drew more blood, baby was doing fantastic!! Told the OB that was there what happened, she reviewed my charts again...The OB that was there was wonderful...so sweet and nice...she was 6 months pregnant herself! She told me that the spinal Dr. I had wanted was working that evening too...I said he was the best ...from my last experience.

After reviewing my blood work, she came to talk to me and my husband...my platelettes had dropped and my liver had started to get affected!! HOLY SH** I thought ....and she said that it was early stages of HELLP due to pregnancy induced high blood pressure...OMG...again SHOCK....so...she said we're having the baby tonight if you would like...they knew how much I wanted my own OB to do it but she performs surgeries on Wed and since Friday all was normal and by Monday blood work revealed liver enzymes a little elevated (double than normal) I said lets have this baby now...Surgery was scheduled for 7:15pm....IV was set up; magnesium sulphate was set up...I am NOT looking forward to menopause...ughhh what a feeling....but overall I was excited too....of course didn't know the sex of the baby and I would find out soon....DH calls everyone and tells them what happend...again OMG...everyone was like she was supposed to be born on the 22nd...so going on to explain what happened....

OR ROOM:
Spinal was a breeze...took about 10 min at the most...I was feeling woozy but dry heaving, then I was feeling really good as the anethesiologist fixed me up...vital signs on the monitor all really good...I was wide awake, and chatting away....when they anounced to my husband to get ready as baby was coming out and that's when baby Stefania arrived....pink, perfect, with her lungs screaming out a storm being naked and cold....she rated 9 on her Agpar scores.

My bp in recovery was doing my norm readings...but due to the magnesium sulphate I had to be monitored by the nurses as it was in me for 24 hours after....I met Stefania breifly and DH took her out with the nurses to meet the family in the waiting room.....it was so upsetting however my bp was so out of control...and I had to be monitored every 40 minutes....it was great.....the next day still no private room but Stefania spent it with me in my room so I got to feed her and hold her and just wait....finally bp went down got my room....BP still elevated which they say it's normal to spike after 48 hours ...so being that it was still high....went home with BP medication twice daily. Blood work was taken daily from me for 3 days and showing platelettes back to normal, liver not affected whatsoever, and liver enzymes very close to normal again....I drew blood again on Saturday (2 days later) and will go back in to see now where we're at....I'm recovering really well from surgery...don't need any pain killers anymore either...just can't wait until all is healed and I am back to normal.

Sorry, so long...wanted a copy for my own book for Stefania
April 19th, 2009, 04:16 PM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow - what a wild ride! Glad all turned out well in the end!

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!
April 21st, 2009, 12:56 AM
VeteranMom3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow! sorry about the bp drama. glad your daughter is happy and healthy! hope your bp is back to norm at your next appt.

April 23rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Wow, I think they should have kept you before, so it wouldn't get as serious. Scarry. Congrats, get to feeling better soon.

April 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
How scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search