BJ's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 08:09 AM
Veteran
I was sitting here at my neighbor's house babysitting her 2 yr old and thinking, "Beej,(cause that's what I call myself) you need to get more involved with this baby and the message board YOU chose to be apart of."
So, here I am. I have been trolling the board since I found out I was preggers and just can't find the energy to repaond to posts when everyone says the same thing for the most part. I figure I will come in here and talk to myself and if anyone wants to chitty chat, then I will chatty chit.
First, a bit about myself... I am a 27yr old military veteran, Army wife, and mother of 2 about to be three. I am a bit crass and lack tact because for the most part I really don't care what people's opinions are of me. I own a 3 yr old pit bull and if you are prejudiced (sp?) against the breed, then you don't know the truth. I don't want to hear about how I am a bad mother for having a killer in my house because I have heard it before. It won't change my mind because he is a part of my family. My boys are my world...my hubby is the best man for me and continues to be my hero everyday. I will lay over and die for him and everything he stands for. Gabriel(6) is my smarty pants. He is in Kindergarden and doing great, reading before most of the other kids, doing first grade math and surprising me everyday. He just lost his first tooth, which was an experience in itself. Jaeden(3) is my light. He has saved my world in so many ways. He rescued me in my darkest hours and continues to show me that there is hope in the world. I have been able to spend more time with him than Gabriel because of my time I spent in the military, but I would not change a thing. They are both very unique boys and are the greatest kids I could ask for.
This baby will be our last. I told DH when we got married that I would have 3 kids and it just took a little convincing after two exuberant boys. I would be lieing if I said I didn't care what I was having because being the only estrogen in a house is difficult. I feel selfish when I wish and pray for a girl, but I know I will be happy with a healthy baby. I tend to opt out of the genetic testing because I don't think that I would change anything about my pregnancy if the baby had a special need. I will find out what I am having just to remove the stress of wanting to know. So far this pregnacy has been completely different from the boys. I was duper nausious for the entire first trimester, to the point where I had to quit taking my prenatals for a while. I WAS a smoker until about 7 weeks and I am ok with it. I crave a ciggy occasionally, but I know it is better this way. Now that I am settling into the second trimester, I have another obstical to face...MOVING.
Moving will be taking up the next two months for me. Too much money and not enough energy. We are opting to move ourselves for the monitary gain in the end although the military will move us if we chose to. It would be easier, but I have never been the one to take the easy way out of anything. I think that is it for now. Crud, it should be enough! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you have any suggestions, I will take them into consideration. If you have any money, I could use is hee hee J/K! Thanks for reading my ramble and I will see you all at the finish line.

BJ
April 24th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Veteran
Found out that my best friend is preggers and I am supper excited cause it was her first round or fertility treatments. The problem now is her HcG levels aren't doubling right so fingers crossed when we find out her next levels on Monday.
I felt the baby move last night while watching Greys. Pretty nifty!
I can't wait until my appointment next week to see if I can get my only U/S scheduled for before we move from Ft Bragg. Hopefully she will agree b/c she is the midwife that delivered my first boy.
That's all for now....I am actually pretty tired...going to lay down for a nap!
BJ

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search