Isabella Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My due date was April 23rd but I was scheduled to have her by c-section on April 20th b/c my dr seemed to think that she was going to way 9.5-10 lbs and I'd have a really hard time getting her out. I was also not making any progress. So I agreed to the c-section.

I woke up Friday April 17th at 6:30 am feeling crampy and I noticed that I had light pink spotting and was passing some tiny blood clots. I called the hospital and the nurse told me to drink a lot of water and see if that helped. I drank a liter of water and ate breakfast and the cramps went away for the most part. My DH had taken the day off work after I told him about the spotting so we decided to have lunch and go see a movie. We went to this place called Cafe Espanol that serves a huge burger called the Gringo Burger. I couldn't really eat or drink too much b/c the cramps had come back. After lunch we went to see the Fast and Furious (whatever number they're on now lol) and the cramps were getting pretty painful. I went to the bathroom at the movie theater and noticed that the spotting had come back a shade darker. When we left the movies it was pouring rain and when we got home we had to run from the car to the house. It was a pretty painful little dash, not kind to my abdomen at all. That was like 5:30 and around 8 o'clock my DH had two friends over to watch a movie and eat pizza. I could not sit in the living room with them b/c at that point the cramps were coming in a regular pattern and I couldn't talk through them...but I did manage to eat three slices of pizza lol. I waited till they were 5-7 minutes apart and called the hospital again. This time they said to go ahead and come in to be observed. I told DH we had to go and he asked if we should pack a bag and I was like, "nah we're probably coming back." If only I had known.

My DH and I got to the hospital around 10:45 p.m. and I immediately changed into the gown and got hooked up to the monitor. The nurse checked me (OUCH!) and said I was one centimeter and having irregular contractions so she was going to let me stew there for a while to see if there was any change. If not I'd be going home. I was super aggrevated b/c I really didn't want to be dealing with these cramps all weekend when I had a lot still to do to get ready for the baby. The nurse dissapeared and my DH fell asleep in the chair beside me so I ended up laying there alone for over two hours in incredible pain. I was laying on my left side and had to raise my head off the pillow and white knuckle the bed rail to get through the clenching misery of each cramp. I also ended up getting diarrhea and had to unplug and drag all the monitor cords with me back and forth to the bathroom b/c the nurse was mia and the call button on the bed didn't work. At one point I got into the bathroom to see tons of bloody mucous running down my leg and thought, "if this nurse tells me nothing is happening I'm going to strangle her with these cords!" DH slept the entire time.

The nurse finally came back in around 1:30 am and checked me again and got very serious and said I was seven centimeters and they needed to do the c-section right then. After that everything happened very fast and all these nurses and other people came out of the woodwork with papers for me to sign, blood to draw, shave, the catheter, etc. I asked my DH to call my mom and he actually had the nerve to ask why and he claims I cussed him out then but I don't really remember. All I remember is wanting the pain to go away. They asked me to try and sit up a little and when I did I'm pretty sure my water broke but no one ever told me for sure. My mom and dad live within minutes of the hospital and walked in right before they wheeled me away. I already had that shower cap thing on my head and was crying and writhing in pain. My parents looked horrified lol. They wheeled me into the operating room and told me that they were gonna get ready and then Chris (husband) could come in. Neither the numbing shot nor the spinal hurt at all b/c they gave them too me right in the middle of a horrible contraction/cramp, I just thought of it as a tiny sting to make the pain go away. When the warm feeling came over me it felt soooo good. I laid back and then from there its really hazy. The dr (not my dr just the on-call one) had already started by the time they let Chris into the room. He stood by my head but also took peaks here and there. The most uncomfortable part was when they told me I'd feel pulling and pressure and it felt like someone was pressing all their weight onto my boobs.

I heard a sputtering and hacking then a tiny but healthy cry and Isabella was born at 2:25 Saturday morning. They barely paused with her by me just so I could get a glimpse and then Chris went off with them to take her to the nursery. It seemed like it took a while for them to finish me up in the operating room. I got a terrible ache in my right shoulder and also got a little nauseous but didn't throw up. Right before they wheeled me to recovery I got the shakes really bad. I ended up biting the side of my mouth really hard but didn't notice that till the next day. The two nurses in recovery were super nice and put warm blankets over me right away and gave me a quick shot of demerol. I remember asking what time it was in recovery and the nurse told me 4:23. I was shocked to know that I'd been up for almost 24 hours.

I finally got to my room where my Chris and my mom were waiting for me. They had both already seen the baby. I wanted to sleep but it was hard b/c the nurse kept wanting to ask me my pain on a scale of one to 10 and all these other questions. I really didn't appreciate her pressing on my stomach either that sucked and she did it constantly. I didn't see the baby until 7:00ish in the morning but I was so out of it I probably wouldn't have remembered anyway and definitely wasn't in any shape to hold her. My family started showing up to visit around 8:30 and we had visitors nonstop all day. Around 1:30 there was a room full of people and I just passed out and slept till 6:30. I will say that was the best five hour nap of my life. I hadn't been sleeping well for weeks already. Saturday night they said I wasn't breathing enough so they put the oxygen mask on me. That made sleeping even harder unfortunately.

I was bedridden for over 24 hours b/c they didn't try and get me out of bed till 6:30 Sunday morning. Getting out of bed was incredibly hard and I thought I'd pass out but luckily I didn't. The shower was total misery and by Sunday evening I was having bad problems with gas. The nurse had to give me two suppositories and kept threatening me with an enema (gross). I'm stil having problems with gas but its not that bad.

We finally went home early yesterday afternoon. I'm very glad to be home but things are stressful mainly b/c I wish I could jump up and do whatever I want. Every movement still hurts. I can't wait to heal up fully and really enjoy being a new mom. I really didn't get to in the hospital b/c everytime the baby needed something my mom was up in a flash to do it and if not my mom then Chris. I am really grateful to my mom for spending every night in the hospital with me so Isabella could stay in the room. If I'd been alone at night I would've sent her to the nursery which I really didn't want to do.

April 22nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YAY congrats!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
April 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
How much did she weigh? Congrats.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy!

April 24th, 2009, 05:48 AM
VeteranMom3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^^^^was wondering that, too! congratulations! i hope you have a speedy recovery and can not wait to see pictures!

April 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She ended up weighing 7 lbs 13 oz (go figure) and is 19 in long.

April 26th, 2009, 09:43 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
They always say they're big when they aren't, lol

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy!

April 30th, 2009, 02:58 PM
*becky*'s Avatar Mommy to Bailey & Camryn
Congrats hon, I'm glad she arrived safe and sound!!

May 1st, 2009, 04:36 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search