Baby Reed is Here!!!!!!!!!!New pics #64

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Super Mommy
Well, I had Baby Reed Manning wed 4/22 and am finally back from the hospital. I t was a wirlwind of an experience.

Reed Manning was born:
32 weeks
3lbs 11.2oz
16.5 inches long
10:46am 4/22/2009

I went to L and D on mon becuase of contractions and they sent me home 2 cm dialated and said my usterus was just irrritable but no real contractions. I went back on tues afternoon because the pain would not let up and I was 3cms and water had apparently broke but I didnt know it. I was leaking all day but didt think any thingof it because it was so little and had mucus in it so I didnt think it was my water, just mucus. Anyway, they gave me antibiotics, steriods and an epidural. they next day, I had him at 1046am. I did one "practice push" and the head came halfway out and they started screaming stop!! The doc wasnt even dressed yet. they moved my legs a little and the head just popped out without me dioing anything!! Then, they sucked out his mouth and I gave a little push and the rest or him came out. So I guess had pushed 1 and a half times and thats it.

When Reed came out there were about 4 people working on him at once, they wrapped him up let me kiss him and off to the NICU he went. I dont know what his first apgar was but his 2nd was 9.

That evening, I didnt get to go see him. My left leg was so numb that I had to wait and then I was bleeding too much. I got to see him the next morning. he was only on CPAP for about 12 hours and went to room air. He is under the bili lights for jaundice, he is aactually bottle feeding like a champ 15cc at a time. He is breaking all the rules, showing off with how good he is doing.

As for me, they almost killed me in the hospital. I continued to bleed and bleed and bleed, passing large clots. I kept saying that Im losing too much blood and that I wanted my blood level checked and none of the nurses paid attention to me. I cried several times because I was so scared. When my blood level came back the next day as very low, finally something was done. I am a terrible person totry toget an IV in and of course the one that was in during the delivery was taken out when I moved to postpartum. Anyway, it took 6 hours before someone in the hospital was able to get a line in me. A general sergeon and an anesthesiologist had to come and put IVs in me. I had to get 3 UNTIS OF BLOOD and had an emergency d and c where a small piece of plecenta was found and two ORANGE SIZE CLOTS.

After that, I made a great recovery and feel almost normal and am home. I would have wrote sooner but the network at the hospitla would not let me get on to alot of things with my computer.

i will be going back to the hospital tonight to see Reed and bring him pumped milk.

Reed forst born before going to the NICU

Reed on CPAP

Me holding Reed. Notice the white face before my tranfusions

TJ (DH) with Reed

Loving the bink!!

Reed Manning born 4/22/2009
32 weeks
3lbs 11.2oz, 16.5 inches

Last edited by bugirll; April 26th, 2009 at 08:58 PM.
April 25th, 2009, 12:11 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awwww hes sooo lil.... congrats on your lil guy.. and you are both in my thoughts.. and hope he continues to do well.

April 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh congrats! He is so adorable and so tiny. That must have been a little scary, especially with the nurses not listening to you. I'm glad they finally clued in and that you're both doing well! When do you think you'll be able to take him home? Congrats again!!!!!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

April 25th, 2009, 12:13 PM
pharmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!!! And welcome Reed!!
Sounds like things were bumpy for a bit there but that everyone is doing well now! Yay!!

Teagan Rose 5/20/2005
Caitlyn Fiona 6/2/2009
Surprise! EDD 6/4/2011
April 25th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Sierrasmommy
Wow! I guess you were the first! Congrats on having a beautiful baby boy!
Oh and hooray for an easy push!

It is scary to think we are all that close, with little babies that big inside.... (yes this is my first!)
April 25th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Reed is an adorable little man! I hope he continues to do well and you are able to bring him home soon!!
Scary that you were losing so much blood and they wouldn't listen I'm glad that they finally wised up and got you that transfusion - you are really white in that picture!

April 25th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG, congrats!! He is a doll!!! What a little fighter. You do look really white in the pic and Im glad that they got all of that taken care of. Congrats again! Our first June baby! You should get a little ribbon for that.

April 25th, 2009, 12:23 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! Sounds like a fighter.

April 25th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Cherie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HOLY HELL!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! I am so glad you and Reed are doing ok

April 25th, 2009, 12:47 PM
*Mommy Of 3*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!! He is beautiful and I'm glad he is doing so well!!

Mommy too:
DD#1- 4 Years old, DD#2- 3 Years old, DS- June 2009

April 25th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He looks amazing, congratulations hun!!!!!
April 25th, 2009, 01:22 PM
NavyWife05's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
omg congratulations hun!!!!! im so glad that u and reed are doing okay!!!! hope all is well and everyone is doing good!!! hes so adorable btw!!!

April 25th, 2009, 01:28 PM
brittany_g87's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to brittany_g87
Congrats he is a doll. Hope everyone is doing well and you both have a fast recovery.

April 25th, 2009, 01:36 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
omg our first june baby!! megan, congrats. i am glad reed is doing well bottle feeding and not needing any assistance breathing. he is a cutie and a fighter! i hope he gets to come home soon!

i am sorry that they didnt listen to you, aren't you an rn? i would think they would of paid attention to someone in the business. i am glad they did the d&c and everything is ok now!

i can't believe we have our first june baby

April 25th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow i guess that ffn test was right....congrats and im happy he is doing well

April 25th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Mama2Hayla's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! Congrats, and welcome baby Reed! You're only a few days ahead of me... kinda scary. I'm so glad you are doing better, and lil Reed seems to be a trooper! Congrats and God Bless

April 25th, 2009, 02:10 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
OMG! Congrats!!!! Glad that you and him are doing well (now) and am so happy for you!!! Do you get a special first born blinkie?

April 25th, 2009, 02:11 PM
lucidity03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm in shock! I didn't think I'd ever see a post about someone having their baby here! It's just surreal to me. (I still can't believe there's a baby in me!)

Congrats! It sounds like you had a couple scary patches but things are going well now!
April 25th, 2009, 02:13 PM
jwalk's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jwalk
Congrats hun!!!! He's adorable! Keep us posted on how the both of you are!
April 25th, 2009, 02:20 PM
ilovemy3girls's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! He is ADORABLE!!! Woohoo!!! Glad your doing better!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search